Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 10-25-2007, 01:21 PM   #51
da fetus

smoking is fucking stupid.
da fetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 01:43 PM   #52
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachtSorcier
Actually, there's a story behind such a wonderful trade: My friend L. has had this bowl for several months. Apparently some guy had left it at her house and didn't come back for a month. He said that he'd give it to her if she gave him a joint, which is stupid on his part since he just left it there and didn't come back for it. So, like L. said, she basically gave him a free joint. She doesn't like to keep paraphernalia in her house, so when I asked her if she had a bowl she wanted to sell, she offered that one to me for a joint.

I haven't named it yet, no. I don't want to just pick a random name, I want to see if a name finds me.
Ah, well that's awesome. And yeah, that's the best way to name them. Mine's called "Nixon" because my beau and I were REALLY fucked up, and I kept looking at it and I thought "nyx" meant purple. So I called it Nixon.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 06:56 PM   #53
L'Oiseau Noir

I don't smoke; I've never even tried it, nor have I ever had a fleeting urge to stick a cigarette in my mouth. I'm actually really clean; I don't drink, do drugs, or as aforementioned, smoke.

I do have friends though that do, and it bothers me that they're hurting their own bodies. But I'm fully aware I have no place to dictate to them what to do, so I usually say nothing. For example, my friend, well, acquaintance, Nicole, boasts about how much she smokes; and she does at least a pack a day, so it's really bad, considering she's only sixteen and has been doing it in such a pattern since middle school. She swears she won't get cancer, but I try to explain her it's very possible, yet she shrugs me off. I stopped trying to help her, but I do hope she'll try to quit on her own volition before things elevate, and irreparable damage is done to her body.

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:02 PM   #54
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Oiseau Noir
She swears she won't get cancer, but I try to explain her it's very possible, yet she shrugs me off.
That's really not the kind of thing you can swear on.
It's not only possible, it's very probable.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:03 PM   #55
L'Oiseau Noir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
That's really not the kind of thing you can swear on.
It's not only possible, it's very probable.

That's what worries me. x_x

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:05 PM   #56
TopHaggardDoll

Smoking is excellent. Lol.

I love smoking, I don't really care if it's hurting my body, my damn body, my life, I can do what I want with it. I have promised I WILL die with a fag in my gob. More than likely will.

No, i'm not stupid, I know EXACTLY what it does. Yep.....might get cancer, but fuck it, i'm allowed a vice and I wasn't planning on living until 124 anyway. I'm a live fast, die young kinda girl.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:14 PM   #57
Valerius

I don't smoke, but I have this lovely little hookah pipe from Iran that works great with both flavored tobacco and weed.

-Oscar Van den Boogaard, Dutch pacifist
Valerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 11:58 PM   #58
Steppenwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddiction
When I walk down the street, I will actually hold my breath while passing someone who's smoking.
That's too much ... And you are going to catch it anyway ... What about pollution? What about CO2 from cars?

Sure , I'm not one of those bastards who get exciting molesting others , and I usually refuse to smoke when I see children/old people around .

I can understand however how non-smokers may feel , as I wasn't "born smoker" , I am just asking for the same respect I give them ...
Old 10-26-2007, 12:00 AM   #59
Steppenwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseagirl
Do you honestly believe you should have the right to stand by someone else and force them to inhale cancerous causing substances? In my opinion, that is just not right.
No , it's not right . But I'm not forcing anyone while I smoke on the street . Yet sometimes came to me some asshole and pretends to try to save me ... See if I care ...
Old 10-26-2007, 12:04 AM   #60
Steppenwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Dude. It's BAD for you. I smoke, but I totally understand if people don't want it near them. You're not being hurt by not smoking, but you smoking near them IS hurting them.
Sure , but again that's my problem and I honestly don't give a damm about the risk , that's my life , that's my cigarette ...

Why Im born in this time , why not on the last century? If I have lived on those times nobody would molested me on the very STREET by aproaching me and whispering with a stupid smile :

Sorry , Did you know that is soooooo DANGEROUS?

(That happens to me usually 2-3 times on a month ... It's not funny anymore since I'm damm 24 and the guy may be 80-100 ...)
Old 10-26-2007, 12:05 AM   #61
Steppenwolf

Come on , who wants a "Moby-Life"? Go vegan , jog at 5am every day and so on ...
Why don't we talk about alcohol? The vice is IMHO much worst for everyone / the society ...
Old 10-26-2007, 12:39 AM   #62
Valerius

Relax, don't bust a valve.

-Oscar Van den Boogaard, Dutch pacifist
Valerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 01:06 AM   #63
Steppenwolf

I know , I know ... But please understand this : I have to go out of the house if I want to smoke (everyday) , I have to hear all the bullshit about cancer (everyday) , I have to hear how "dirty-stinky-whatever" smoking is (every damm second)... And now I come here and ... Nevermind ...

I'm just tired honestly ... Sure I'm not the only one here ...
Old 10-26-2007, 01:13 AM   #64
TopHaggardDoll

Yeah, got a point though.

You kick smokers out of clubs, pubs, restaurants and the like.
Yet still complain about us smoking on the streets where most of the gases are absorbed in the atmosphere and where all the car exhaust fumes are.

Of course i'm not gunna smoke around children or the elderly, that's just cruel. I work close to people aswell, so after a ciggerette I wash my hands, chew some gum, give myself a quick spritz of body spray....so...I am aware that it offends people....but preaching something I already know is irritating especially when i'm trying to be as respectful as I can.

Pffft! Guess you can't please all the people all the time.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:51 AM   #65
chelseagirl

Well, I definitely don't have any problems with someone smoking outdoors, it's just indoors (if around non-smokers) that bothers me. I would NEVER even think of b*tching or preaching to someone on the street for smoking, lol! It's a shame so many people like to do that. A little off subject...but has to do with people on the street forcing their views, but I have had LOTS of people (usually middle aged to older women) come up to me on the streets and say something like; "you could be such a pretty girl, why would you do this to yourself?" (meaning my tattoos and piercings). It annoys me to no end!
Old 10-26-2007, 07:44 AM   #66
Underwater Ophelia

The problem with smoking around non-smokers is that it's not only your problem. It's their problem.
People who don't smoke have a reason for it, and if you smoke near them, you ARE hurting them, not just yourself.
If they don't have a problem with it, that's cool, but don't act like they're being disrespectful to you if they ask you to move. YOU'RE the offender, not them.

Just FYI, I am a smoker, too.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:49 AM   #67
Saddiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steppenwolf
That's too much ... And you are going to catch it anyway ...
Catch what? Did I mention anything in my post about a fear of catching something (I assume you're referring to cancer)? No. I expressed that it's A) disgusting B) discomforting and C) Detremental to health period!. Read my post in it's entirety before taking what I say out of context. I hold my breath because I can't stand the way it smells. It's disgusting and causes discomfort. It's also my choice whether you feel it's too much or not.

Quote:
What about pollution? What about CO2 from cars?
What about pollution? It's not like people have their lips tied around exhaust pipes like they do with cigarettes. Of course we breathe in emissions. That's an inescapable reality as long as you live in an urban area. However, pollution has nothing to do with anything in relation to my initial post. Furthermore, no one is safe from cancer, regardless if they breathe in emissions or not. Take the sun, or the stuff they put into food for example. We live in a society where cancer is rampant. This is not to say that EVERYONE will get cancer, but the percentage of cancer related deaths have surely increased.

I don't like breathing in smoke whether it's smoke from a cigarette or smoke from an inscence stick. If I see a vehicle coming my way with SMOKE coming out of it's exhaust, I'd still hold my breath.

Quote:
Sure , I'm not one of those bastards who get exciting molesting others , and I usually refuse to smoke when I see children/old people around .
umm... huh? What does molestation have to do with smoking and old people?

Quote:
I can understand however how non-smokers may feel , as I wasn't "born smoker" , I am just asking for the same respect I give them ...
You're asking for the same respect that you give them? Please elaborate.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:30 AM   #68
NachtSorcier

I try my very best to be polite to non-smokers, but that politeness is rarely returned. If I want to smoke, whether I'm indoors or out, I try to keep away from those who aren't smoking or who I know to be non-smokers. Hell, to guild the lily I actually make a conscious effort to blow smoke away from people. No, the issue isn't that "I'm smoking next to this person who doesn't want to be around it but it's not my problem," the issue is more like "It's rather rude for a non-smoker to walk all the way over to me and tell me to stop smoking when they could just as easily take their ass somewhere else."

For example, I was volunteering at a political rally several years ago as I was in Young Democrats in high school. I had to spend the entire morning, from 5 am to noon, outside of the city armoury passing out tickets to the rally. I didn't have a cigarette all day, so around noon I walked all the way around the corner to the end of the line, which by then was halfway down a nearby bridge, so I wouldn't bother anyone with my smoke. Another student who was volunteering actually walked all the way from the front of the armoury to the end of the line to tell me to put out my cigarette because it was bothering her.

Get it?

Visit my online store: http://www.websofsilver.com
NachtSorcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 09:38 AM   #69
Saddiction

I wasn't asking you, I was asking Steppenwolf.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:43 AM   #70
NachtSorcier

I know, I wasn't talking to anyone in particular, just sharing.

Visit my online store: http://www.websofsilver.com
NachtSorcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 12:40 PM   #71
da fetus

people who willingly hurt their bodies and the bodies of others, not to mention animals, are fucking idiots and deserve all the cancer they get.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:20 PM   #72
badteccy

times 10 Fetus!
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 01:38 PM   #73
d.Nox

Random side note, to nobody in particular:

I haven't read up on it in ages, but it seems to me that I've only read studies on second-hand smoke that showed ill effects at levels of concentration that are only likely to be found indoors. Does anybody have a study showing that being near a smoker, out of doors, noticeably increases your risk of disease?

'Cause if not, non-smokers have doubly no right to be bothering people on the street. So it smells bad? Do you tell strangers with BO to go shower?
d.Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 01:41 PM   #74
da fetus

I don't bump into people close enough to know they have BO. however, you idiot scumbags stand out there, knowing it smells bad, fucking publicize your cancer inducing horrid smelling idiot habit.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:54 PM   #75
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by da fetus
I don't bump into people close enough to know they have BO. however, you idiot scumbags stand out there, knowing it smells bad, fucking publicize your cancer inducing horrid smelling idiot habit.
Yeah, don't you do graffiti?