Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-02-2007, 04:45 PM   #51
killer_asian_Dax

Maybe if you payed attention in school, you'd at least learn how to lie half way successfully.

My crappy Myspace
killer_asian_Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 06:57 PM   #52
badteccy

Yea, that whole thing was pretty lame...
No wonder she has a C average...
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:17 AM   #53
DarkPrayer

Location: In a place covered in darkness but filled with only good people
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddiction
If you're grades arn't that bad, then why are you blaming the Asians for making you look stupid ? (Answer: because you're racist). Also if your grades are B's and up, why do you have a C average? It also bring me back to Jillan's question (which you so convieniently dodged), if you claim you can get A's, why would you kill for a lesser grade such as a B?

Want to know what's worse than bad grades? An idiot who can't keep their story straight.
Because to get A's, I need to study hard. I've got ADHD. I minor case, and then Aspergers. Look that up. (I also have ASD, which is why I tend to prefer to be alone. I was born with all of this. genetics.)
DarkPrayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:24 AM   #54
Saddiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPrayer
Because to get A's, I need to study hard. I've got ADHD. I minor case, and then Aspergers. Look that up. (I also have ASD, which is why I tend to prefer to be alone. I was born with all of this. genetics.)
You never answered my questions.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:48 AM   #55
killer_asian_Dax

Quote:

I've got Aspergers, and a slew of other disorders I was "lucky" enough to inherit from my mother, but that never stopped me from excelling in school. You are fast losing that which you could never support to begin with. Quit now while....well nevermind. It's too late for you.

My crappy Myspace
Old 11-05-2007, 09:54 AM   #56
Tam Li Hua

Egad.

How did this go from racism to whether or not grades are important for college? x_x;;;

Anyways..

About the racist thing: Yeah, the lady sounds racist. Not the hardcore type, but she's -definitely- got the mentality. [Trust me on this; I grew up in Alabama, and I -know- what racism looks and sounds like.]

About the education thing: I don't know how it works in Canada, but in America, the better grades you have, the more of a chance you have to not only get into a good school, but to get a scholarship or two as well! [And trust me, with the price of tuition these days, that's a pretty important thing!]

Also...sorry DarkPrayer, but really it just sounds like you're trying to find excuses to be lazy than anything else. You don't have anything that would keep you from making really good grades in school, except for the fact that you simply don't -want- to make better grades...which is going to come back on you when college application time comes [unless you have parents who are filthy rich and willing to completely, financially support you while you're away.]
Tam Li Hua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:59 AM   #57
Saddiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua
How did this go from racism to whether or not grades are important for college? x_x;;;
Because DarkPrayer blames Asians for making her look bad with regards to grades. That should answer your question.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:04 AM   #58
killer_asian_Dax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua
Egad.

Anyways..

About the racist thing: Yeah, the lady sounds racist. Not the hardcore type, but she's -definitely- got the mentality. [Trust me on this; I grew up in Alabama, and I -know- what racism looks and sounds like.]

So....you're from Alabama...... I'm sorry. Are they one of the states where, if you're not black or white, they don't know what you are?

My crappy Myspace
Old 11-05-2007, 10:47 AM   #59
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_asian_Dax
So....you're from Alabama...... I'm sorry. Are they one of the states where, if you're not black or white, they don't know what you are?
Heh. Yep, pretty much.

To be fair, things are changing for the better a little; it's just extremely slow progress.

I think a better education system and stiffer drug and weapon laws would be a -great- benefit here.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:49 AM   #60
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Because DarkPrayer blames Asians for making her look bad with regards to grades. That should answer your question.
*shrug*

I don't know her that well yet, and I have the -terrible- habit of giving folks the benefit of the doubt first.

It's only after repeated offences that I call them on it...or if it just doesn't make any logical sense at all.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:10 AM   #61
JCC

Quote:
So she's saying that Asian people work harder in school, achieving better grades and making their white counterparts look lazy in comparison?

She is obviously extremely racist. Beyond any feasible redemption.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:02 PM   #62
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
So she's saying that Asian people work harder in school, achieving better grades and making their white counterparts look lazy in comparison?

Nice try, but what's making her racist is the fact that she said many times she HATES them because they're smart. That IS racist.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:39 PM   #63
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Nice try, but what's making her racist is the fact that she said many times she HATES them because they're smart. That IS racist.
I could say that I hate a group of black people in my class because they get top grades all the time.

Does that make me racist, or mean that I'm exaggerating my envy of those who do well academically?
Old 11-05-2007, 12:49 PM   #64
Saddiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
First of all, no one made the implication that she's an extreme racist. If anything, she should be strung up for decreasing the average IQ.

Second, tell me how the following statement isn't racist:
Quote:
I don't like working with Asian people
Just because she complimented the race, doesn't cancel out the fact that she doesn't like working with them for reasons that are so rediculously stereotypical.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:55 PM   #65
Saddiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
I could say that I hate a group of black people in my class because they get top grades all the time.

Does that make me racist, or mean that I'm exaggerating my envy of those who do well academically?
It's a racist remark because you specified that you hate working with a group of people who happen to be of a specific race.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:14 PM   #66
badteccy

Quote:
Stop posting, just stop.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 01:29 PM   #67
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC

I think it's very possible that it wouldn't be racist.
However, if you said you hated black people for any reason, that would be racist.
That is exactly what she did. End of story.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 01:33 PM   #68
DarkPrayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_asian_Dax
I've got Aspergers, and a slew of other disorders I was "lucky" enough to inherit from my mother, but that never stopped me from excelling in school. You are fast losing that which you could never support to begin with. Quit now while....well nevermind. It's too late for you.
No. I don't think it's ever to late.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:34 PM   #69
DarkPrayer

Quote:
However, if you said you hated black people for any reason, that would be racist.
I don't hate Asians! I only hate it when they cry over a B+, or higher.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:39 PM   #70
Cyntrox

So you don't hate it when white people cry over a B+ or higher?
Old 11-05-2007, 01:42 PM   #71
JCC

Quote:
Okay, let's make a hypothetically "racist" statement.

"I hate working with black people, because they achieve better at school than me."

Compare with:

"I hate working with people with glasses, because they achieve better at school than me."

Now, if you said the second one, people would say "Aww, hang in there, try harder, blah blah blah".

You point out a certain characteristic of the group that overshadow you and suddenly you're racist?

For fucks sake, by all means criticise this girl, but don't grasp at such ridiculous reasons to do so.

@Cyntrox: I think she's either saying that they don't cry over it, or they don't achieve higher than that normally.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:46 PM   #72
Saddiction

Quote:
Nope. You said you didn't like them because "they are so damn smart compared to you". Nothing was mentioned about Asians crying over a B+ grade. Quit changing your story around.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:00 PM   #73
DarkPrayer

Quote:
Nope. You said you didn't like them because "they are so damn smart compared to you". Nothing was mentioned about Asians crying over a B+ grade. Quit changing your story around.
But that's why it bothers me! They are SO smart and yet it's not good enough for them. They HAVE to get A's. A+...what's next? A++? Listen, I am sorry. Can we please just end this? I hate fighting, even online. I should have kept my big stupid mouth shut and said no rude remarks. I AM sorry.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:00 PM   #74
Methadrine

This was indeed boring but nonetheless:

Quote:
Yeah...?

Quote:
I don't like working with Asian people because they are so damn smart compared to me
Hang on, you just said it was the parents who stress the kids to have good grades:

Quote:
Asian parents seem to put SO much pressure on their kids to get straight A's.
So you hate them because you're lazy then?

moving on...

Quote:
I would kill just to have a B averadge!
Um, which you should have if:

Quote:
I do get pretty good grades. I study and work hard
Which the Asian kids parents tell them to do, and which you stated yourself.

Quote:
I don't need or want great grades.
Yes, you do. You said you'd kill for a B average.

Quote:
I want to pass and everything, but I'm not focused on A's or even B+. Just a B and up is good for me. Once I get into Grade 11, I'll start working harder.
Isn't B and up around B average? And didn't you already study hard? You must work really hard by 11 grade then...

Quote:
I can acheive A B average. Actually, I can get straight A's if I'd like to. When I study for 2 hours, I can get an A. But it's to much work. Sorry, I'm just lazy. I have a C+ average right now. That's without studying.
Make up your mind! Do you study hard, or are you just lazy? You state both things... and if you're lazy then don't blame a whole race because you don't study yourself.

Quote:
My grades are not bad. Everyone has their opinions on good grades, and mine is a B and up.
Well, that's all fine and dandy.. except that you said you got C+ and kill for B average, which makes your current grade.. well.. bad, according to yourself since you put your standard at B average, yet again.

Quote:
Because to get A's, I need to study hard.
But you won't, since you're lazy, right? I hope you wasn't too lazy to read through this though and have a serious pondering over what you write.

Sorry for the "attack" but you're just getting yourself even more tangled up in contradictions as you go along and that's not good (besides, it looks quite silly). Not for you, and not for the readers of your posts which gets annoyed of your constant change of facts. It's like crying wolf one time too many and soon noone will even bother to read more serious postings from you...

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:05 PM   #75
Saddiction

I already addressed most of that stuff to DarkPrayer in the form of questions, which she so convieniently avoided to answer.