Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 04-01-2007, 01:20 PM   #1
Disturbed_Angel28

Hi name's Raven

Well since I'm new here...I brrowed the questions from the sticky thread to answer. I know not original, right? Well...Ican't seem to think at the moment, so bear with me ok?

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job) - I read, look up things on the internet, and I'm looking for a job.

2. Where are you from? - Sharon, P.A.

3. Who is your favorite author? - Anne Rice

4. What are your favorite films? - The Crow, and anything horror.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? - don't know yet...renewing my vows on Oct. 31, of sometime in the future.

6. At your funeral? - Haven't thought about that one yet either...

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? -Probably somewhere public...The last time I tried killing myself (a few years ago) was by jumping in front of cars, but they all swerved to miss me.

8. What kind of casket would you want? - Black satin lined...

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? - Don't have one yet...When I find it I'll let you all know.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? - The freedom to do what I wanted, when I wanted to.

11. What's your favorite band? - At the moment it's My Chemical Romance, but it changs almost weekly.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? - 11th grade drop out.

13. Why did you join? - I've been looking for a good gothic site.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender? - Female
Disturbed_Angel28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 01:37 PM   #2
Godslayer Jillian

Ugh, you're not going to be liked in the site:
1) Raven - cliché.
2) Anne Rice - cliché (oh, and she's not that good)
3) The Crow - more cliché (and overrated)
4) 'last time I tried killing myself' - Suicide is idiotic, weak, and SO ungoth
5) My Chemical Romance - You're screaming "I'm a mallgoth" at the top of your lungs. They suck, and they dared to call themselves 'goth' in front of Peter Murphy. Wanna know what Peter Murphy did? He rolled his eyes. That's how distasteful they are to our God.
6) '11th grade drop out' - I hate drop outs. You better have a good reason for it.
7) 'I've been looking for a good gothic site' - You've found it. You just won't be coexisting with us with such a childish, spookykid, weak, idiotic personality lacking almost any hint of self-identity. I cannot believe you're older than me.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 01:51 PM   #3
DarkHeartedDemoness

Hi, hunny. If it helps, I don't hate you yet. Jilli brings up some very valid points, though. Most of us are very sensitive to the whole "suicide" thing, particularly since so goddamn many people claim to have tried it merely to seem cooler, gother, or darker. And truthfully, not one of your answers showed much personality. They all seemed to be vague or cliché. That's not to say that you are a cliché, although you might be (I don't know you yet).

Jilli's also right about Anne Rice. If you really are interested in vampire novels, there are so many better authors out there. Might I suggest Amelia Atwater-Rhodes? I couldn't tell you if Jilli's right about the Crow, since I've never seen it, but I'd wager there are also a bajillion better movies out there, judging by the reviews I've heard of it.

Why don't you tell us all something completely un-goth about you?
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 01:58 PM   #4
Disturbed_Angel28

look I don't really care what anyone thinks of me. Everyone calls me Raven, because my sister in law has the same name as I do. I just like the way Anne Rice wrote, and i don't feel like I need to explain why. I don't need to explain my taste in movies or music, and I probably won't be posting much if everyone here is as rude as you are. I just want to meet new people and possibly make some new friends.

Oh and I don't appreciate anybody calling me weak, idiotic, or childish. I know who I am, so I do NOT lack self-identity.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:02 PM   #5
Godslayer Jillian

Well, it seemed so. And if this is not so, you shouldn't have created that image of you.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:03 PM   #6
DarkHeartedDemoness

You care what people think. Maybe it doesn't dictate your life, but you care. I'd really like if you would respond to my post, which was blunt but not rude.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
Old 04-01-2007, 02:11 PM   #7
Disturbed_Angel28

Ok maybe I did start out on the wrong foot so to speak. In answer to a few of your comments. I tried killing myself when I was 10, because I felt that I couldn't protect my brother...Long story. I do like other music, but I really don't listen to much anymore. The Crow was the first movie that popped in my head, and I didn't drop out of school...I was kicked out for being pregnant.

In answer to DarkHeartedDemoness...Something ungoth? k...I do read a lot, right now I'm on the seaech for Virginia Henley novels. I crossstitch, which I've been doing since I was 5, and I guess that's about it.I can't think of anything else at the moment.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:12 PM   #8
raggedyanne

Don't listen to the old batty's (sorry jillian) you seem cool, but definately a newbie. Ask Humane Pain if you have any questions because he's usually supportive and non-flaming. I like Anne Rice and MCR also, but might I suggest Diecast and as DHD said, Amelia Atwater-Rhodes. Shattered glass is particularly entertaing. They're right about the sensitivity to suicide, but if you have a valid question, most people will be willing to answer it and give you advice.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 02:15 PM   #9
DarkHeartedDemoness

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedyanne
They're right about the sensitivity to suicide, but if you have a valid question, most people will be willing to answer it and give you advice.
Absolutely. Like I've said many times before, it hurts like hell, but if you need help I'll talk to you and help you in any way I can.

Cross-stitching is awesome! I'm a bit of a crafts fanatic myself. Have you ever heard of rug-hooking? I'm just starting to learn that.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
Old 04-01-2007, 02:17 PM   #10
Disturbed_Angel28

yeah I have...used to do that too, but arund here the kits are so expensive.

I'm over the whole suicide thing now...happened a long time ago, and it's in the past.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:18 PM   #11
raggedyanne

ooh, I love rug-hooking! I did this one of a skull for my friend when he went off to collage!
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 02:24 PM   #12
DarkHeartedDemoness

You mean college.

Yeah, it's really expensive, but my mom loves it and I can steal her supplies. What have you cross-stitched recently, DA?
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
Old 04-01-2007, 02:25 PM   #13
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedyanne
(sorry jillian)
None taken, but I will still have issues with this one for quite a while. The author and movie are too much of a cliché to be real with so many better authors and movies. Only reason I could forgive this is if someone has only read and seen these two.
And as for the suicide, why mention something that happened 18 years ago? There was no necessity in mentioning it if it had happened last week, so why mention it when it was before I was even born?
And MCR... well, they're just awful.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 04-01-2007, 02:26 PM   #14
DarkHeartedDemoness

Ok, now I'm feeling decidedly un-goth. I've never heard My Chemical Romance, nor watched The Crow, so I can't judge them and decide I'm too cool for them.

<3's Jilli
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
Old 04-01-2007, 02:29 PM   #15
Disturbed_Angel28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeartedDemoness
You mean college.

Yeah, it's really expensive, but my mom loves it and I can steal her supplies. What have you cross-stitched recently, DA?
Last thing I crossstitched was a rose for my sister in law.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:29 PM   #16
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeartedDemoness
Ok, now I'm feeling decidedly un-goth. I've never heard My Chemical Romance, nor watched The Crow, so I can't judge them and decide I'm too cool for them.
Au contraire. You're so goth you haven't experienced ungoth things.
Kind of like a kid that is supposed to be the next Dalai Lama.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 04-01-2007, 02:57 PM   #17
angst-zine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Au contraire. You're so goth you haven't experienced ungoth things.
Kind of like a kid that is supposed to be the next Dalai Lama.
LOL Interesting analogy. The next Goth Lama? There's nothing particularly wrong with being part of the goth community and liking/experiencing non-goth things. But at the same time, there's a lot of history to learn to really get into the culture. Anyway, I think that's all the more I really had to say about the culture, so I'll continue to let the conversation swirl on around me. Not meaning to lurk, but just not a lot to say lately...
angst-zine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 03:25 PM   #18
KontanKarite

Mmm....

It'll be alright. I'm not going to trash you on your tastes. They are your tastes and that's that. But I would recommend you heed what people talk about here. This place is crazy informative about very interesting things that you might find to your liking and help you get a broader taste for interesting things.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 03:44 PM   #19
Cyntrox

I don't like you... But I won't trash you just yet. I mean, at least you made an intro without asking and had the questions in here
Old 04-01-2007, 08:44 PM   #20
Encaitare

Cross-stitching rawks. I'm working on one with the sun, moon, and zodiac now. =D
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:43 PM   #21
PersephoneX

Locust...With an interest in needle work. The Chosen nickname was a dead give away.

I say no more.
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote