Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

View Poll Results: Whats your fave type of music?
rock 56 35.22%
punk 24 15.09%
heavy metal 69 43.40%
nu-metal 8 5.03%
pop 2 1.26%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2005, 11:24 PM   #226
devereaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorgirl
The best band to ever exist would have to be a tie for me. I would have to say Glenn Danzig era Misfits or Christian Death.Oh, and Joy Division...so that would make it three.
I'm automatically assuming we're talking 'bout the Rozz era here.
devereaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 11:36 PM   #227
horrorgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by devereaux
I'm automatically assuming we're talking 'bout the Rozz era here.
I actually like Atrocities and Sex And Drugs And Jesus Christ. Those two albums by Valor are actually really good. Bari Bari of Mephisto Walz played on Atrocities so the album sounds really haunting because of his guitar work. People tend to overlook that album in particular. I laso like Rozz so I sit on the fence when people go on and on about hating Valor. I find that most of the people who go all nuts about it were people who didn't even start listening to any music by Rozz until after he died.Also, I think that it is very gothically correct in some quarters to hate Valor just because it's the 'goth' thing to do. I think disliking an artist without even listening to their music is ridiculous. I have seen Valor's Christian Death perform and I saw Rozz perform with Gitane a couple of months before he killed himself. They both put on really good shows.

I'm gothtastically delicious!
horrorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 11:45 PM   #228
devereaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorgirl
I actually like Atrocities and Sex And Drugs And Jesus Christ. Those two albums by Valor are actually really good. Bari Bari of Mephisto Walz played on Atrocities so the album sounds really haunting because of his guitar work. People tend to overlook that album in particular. I laso like Rozz so I sit on the fence when people go on and on about hating Valor. I find that most of the people who go all nuts about it were people who didn't even start listening to any music by Rozz until after he died.Also, I think that it is very gothically correct in some quarters to hate Valor just because it's the 'goth' thing to do. I think disliking an artist without even listening to their music is ridiculous. I have seen Valor's Christian Death perform and I saw Rozz perform with Gitane a couple of months before he killed himself. They both put on really good shows.
Oh, I dont have anything against Valor Kand and his incarnation of Christian Death...I was saying it more because of the historical context in juxtaposing Christian Death with the other groups, and because the Rozz era is a bit different musically from what they are today, and that assumption seemed apt.
devereaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 11:47 PM   #229
horrorgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by devereaux
Oh, I dont have anything against Valor Kand and his incarnation of Christian Death...I was saying it more because of the historical context in juxtaposing Christian Death with the other groups, and because the Rozz era is a bit different musically from what they are today, and that assumption seemed apt.
No offense at all taken. Valor is doing metal now and I like maybe a song here and there but not like his earlier work. I didn't mean to sound defensive or anything. :-)

Old 12-12-2005, 06:33 PM   #230
·Kaôh·

I have to say I like many bands but to name my favourites (for the time being) I would say Diary of Dreams, The 69 Eyes, London After Midnight, Within Temptation, Massive Attack, Black Tape for a Blue Girl and (although it's synthpop) Neuroactive.
·Kaôh· is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 04:58 AM   #231
syn

Bikini Kill are my fav.
syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 10:48 AM   #232
One_With_The_Shadows

Whoa what's with all this Nu-metal stuff? What ever happened to GOTH? *laughs* Ever heard of Bauhaus, they are the best band ever. THey even have a new tour, all the real goths are freaking out about it. I myself can not wait untill they come here to Ontario.

HAIL PETER MURPHY THE KING OF GOFF XD
One_With_The_Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 11:54 AM   #233
horrorgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by One_With_The_Shadows
Whoa what's with all this Nu-metal stuff? What ever happened to GOTH? *laughs* Ever heard of Bauhaus, they are the best band ever. THey even have a new tour, all the real goths are freaking out about it. I myself can not wait untill they come here to Ontario.

HAIL PETER MURPHY THE KING OF GOFF XD
They haven't put out any new material since 1983, so until they do I am not excited about their reunion.They are in it for the money because their solo careers are dead. I have liked them since 1988 and back then Peter Murphy and Love And Rockets used to verbally spar(they hated each other with a passion) all of the time.I understand that you are probably really excited about them because you have just discovered them but people who have been around for a while know the backstory of the band. Don't take offense to what I wrote or anything, I'm just trying to give you some info.

Old 12-13-2005, 05:40 PM   #234
A Stranger

well.. a few would include Tool, A Perfect Circle, NIN, Metallica..
A Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 10:05 AM   #235
~Angel_Of_Darkness~

Hmm, there's too much; I'll just name one:

...MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE... I freaking love them... though I'm sure that's definitely gonna be seen as weird... -*shrugs*ah, who cares?
"And as always, innocent like roller coasters. Fatality is like ghosts in snow and you have no idea what you're up against because I've seen what they look like. Becoming perfect as if they were sterling silver chainsaws going cascading......."
~Angel_Of_Darkness~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 12:28 PM   #236
1TOOMANY

I'm going to have to agree with Vin, Black Sabbath is the best band of all time the only other band that comes close in my eyes is KISS, now those desicions are based on who set the precedents early for heavy music!
Old 12-15-2005, 03:23 PM   #237
rockandrose

I can't narrow down to say that there's one greatest band ever, as I enjoy listening to a countless of bands which all have their own flaws.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:30 PM   #238
rockandrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TOOMANY
I'm going to have to agree with Vin, Black Sabbath is the best band of all time the only other band that comes close in my eyes is KISS, now those desicions are based on who set the precedents early for heavy music!
I love Black Sabbath, as they're a great band and offer killer songs. As for KISS, I think they're way too overrated, and sometimes I feel that their image or costumes outshines their music. Though, I do think "Beth" is a great ballad.

In my opinion, AC/DC has the ability to murder KISS anyday. AC/DC have been playing great relentless music for many years, such as Black in Black, Highway to Hell etc.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:43 PM   #239
1TOOMANY

Pffffhhh, no offense but Kiss was rocking it way before AC/DC was even a thought. Although I do love me some AC/DC, Kiss rocked it way before their time!
Old 12-15-2005, 05:54 PM   #240
rockandrose

Both bands were formed in the same year.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:37 PM   #241
1TOOMANY

Ahh, close but Kiss was formed in 1972 and AC/DC was formed in 1973.
But Kiss was huge all through the 70's in the rock n roll community where Ac/dc didn't get really get big til the early 80's.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:44 PM   #242
Nuclear Winter

Captain Geesh and the Shrimp Shack Shooters. No contest.
Nuclear Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 06:52 PM   #243
rockandrose

It's not important, which band sold more albums or whatever. I still prefer AC/DC over KISS anyday.

Actually, a few months ago, my friend tried to convince me to attend a KISS tribute band at some local club. I thought that was an amusing idea, as I'm not a fan of tribute bands. They're too poseur like.

A few other bands and singers that I think are great include Led Zeppelin, Guns N' Roses, The Rolling Stones, The Ramones, Dream Theatre, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Marley and Skid Row.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:06 PM   #244
1TOOMANY

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockandrose
It's not important, which band sold more albums or whatever. I still prefer AC/DC over KISS anyday.

Actually, a few months ago, my friend tried to convince me to attend a KISS tribute band at some local club. I thought that was an amusing idea, as I'm not a fan of tribute bands. They're too poseur like.

A few other bands and singers that I think are great include Led Zeppelin, Guns N' Roses, The Rolling Stones, The Ramones, Dream Theatre, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Marley and Skid Row.
Jeez don't get so offensive, AC/DC rocks this is true....
But KISS rocked them senseless! HahaHaHaHa.
Of course you like ACDC better your an Aussie!
Just Playin!
Old 12-15-2005, 07:11 PM   #245
rockandrose

You're cute. I'm hardly getting offensive. I'm simply stating that AC/DC are a better Rock N' Roll band, in my opinion.

Old 12-15-2005, 07:23 PM   #246
1TOOMANY

Hey where in oz are you from i was there last year.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:26 PM   #247
rockandrose

Melbourne, Victoria.

Which city, state, did you stayed at?
Old 12-15-2005, 07:29 PM   #248
1TOOMANY

I stayed on the mournington peninsula, near Rosebud. HaHaHaHa But hung in Melbourne for a while on my way to Bells and Torquay.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:34 PM   #249
rockandrose

Ahhh, the mourning peninsula is somewhere in the countryland, in the eastern suburbs, I'm from the western surburbs.

Melbourne has a lot of hidden hot spots, like independent underground shops etc.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:42 PM   #250
1TOOMANY

Yeah i loved melbourne, ate some killer chinese in chinatown, hungout atsome cool clubs and afew pubs. But i wasn't there long i was in Vic to surf so it was off to Bells beach, Torquay, Lorn point, Apollo bay, among other spots, Gunnamatta, Rye, etc..