Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 07-01-2008, 02:32 PM   #1
Clockwork

GNET: A Forum RPG from Beyond the Grave

C'mon guys, roleplay with me.
Short or long posts, but avoid one-liners. No real plot needed, or even amazing writing skills, just try keep and keep this alive and interesting.

The only real rule is you can't control anyone else's character, only yourself and ones you make up.

Go!

---------

The day had been long and dreary. The sun fell beneath the horizon, and the Gnet building, tall and comprised of old stone, was swathed in darkness.

It was then that Clockwork peered out of the second story window, and, frozen by the horror of what he saw, dropped his hot cup of tea and sat up from the lounge chair. He was aghast.

"Trolls," he said in digust. Hundreds of them, approaching and surrounding the building, trying to gain entry and flood Gnet. Swiftly, he procured his crossbow and fled to the balcony.

But he'd need help to kill them all...
Old 07-01-2008, 02:38 PM   #2
LetheanBlacklight

Up came Lethean to assist with Sword and Bottle of Vodka. 2 heroes among the sea of trolls... What is to become of them? Was there no hope among all fate!?
LetheanBlacklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 02:47 PM   #3
honeythorn

High upon the peaked roofs of the building in one of the four cupolas sat Honeythorn, contemplating the dying sun and enjoying the blanket of night that crept over the land. *flicker* a movement below caught her attention and she climbed out to the rooftop to peer over the worked stones...there - movement in the darkness, out of the shadows of trees they came in their hundreds. Trolls. She slipped back over the edge and ran to her resting place to retrieve the shoulder cannon and her sword belt..
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:27 PM   #4
LetheanBlacklight

The battle soon emerged as the trolls force to gain entry to the gnet building. Lethean takes one swing with sword, then swig from vodka. But not even the lone three could withstand much longer of the troll onslaught!
Old 07-01-2008, 04:34 PM   #5
Barfing_Rat

As soon as the battle began, Barfing_Rat, a dirty brown rat sense danger. He immediately scurry out of his dumpy hiding spot for one of the heroes brave enough to stand against hordes of troll. He wasted no time to climb up inside of Lethean's pants leg.
Barfing_Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 05:25 PM   #6
LetheanBlacklight

Lethean, too drunk to notice, continues battling until he notices Barfing_Rat attempting to steal said alcohol. Being the pirate/goth *lol* he is, let a cry out "Argh!!! What be yer death wish, rat? Ye have alott'a guts ta be swiping from th'likes of me!" *puns intended* But amidst all the ranting (Lethean continues monologue-ing in a drunk fashion), Barfing_Rat succesfully swipes the alcohol!
Old 07-01-2008, 05:34 PM   #7
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
One trollish troop had hiked around the Gnet castle at night to search for weaknesses in the defense.

Hearing the snapping of twigs and heavy breathing, the hook nosed leader whipped his misshapen head around with a scowl, long frayed hair twisting about:

"Quit yer bloody racket, you'll wake the dead!"

"Blimey, you're leading us through the thicket, choose a better hike or the dead can blame ye in hell!"

The leader backhanded the insubordinate troll, who now looked back at the leader with squinted eyes and a fanged grimace, and growling, slowly reached for his dagger. The leader withdrew his sword and raised it, when a troll from the rear of the troop hissed:

"Look ye fools! Look!"

He was pointing beyond the leader, who slowly turned around and gaped: a glowing green mist was descending from the black tree tops, oozing around the trunks and crawling on the damp forest floor towards their feet.

"Aye, what's this? Ah! AH!" The leader was hopping and dancing to avoid the mist.
"It's like quicksand it is!"

Soon the whole troop was trying to retreat but stuck, mired in a thickening green mist, dropping their weapons and pulling at their ankles. The mist now began to rise, above their waists and now their necks, and as the first screams began to wail, they were as suddenly choked off, the trolls only wiggling and squirming now, and then...they were stilled.

Their bodies began glowing bright green, and then the glowing haze merged and dimmed, leaving only swords and scabbards on the leaves.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 05:51 PM   #8
LetheanBlacklight

After the green mist vanished, silence overcame the land, all heroes were frozen still in disbelief, and horror, except drunk Lethean, staggering about, and saying "........... Ay,.. I gott'a quit drinkin this stuff! o_0"
Old 07-01-2008, 07:11 PM   #9
Godslayer Jillian

I'm sorry for interrupting your game, guys, but I have to say this.
I find this actually weird.
Just about a week ago I remembered that the old old Gnetters always talked about a roleplaying thread.
I never saw the point. And I wanted to open this week a thread asking specifically that: what the fuck is the point of role playing?
Now this thread is made.
Anyway, it's just an interesting coincidence; I'm out.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:22 PM   #10
LetheanBlacklight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Just about a week ago I remembered that the old old Gnetters always talked about a roleplaying thread.
I never saw the point. And I wanted to open this week a thread asking specifically that: what the fuck is the point of role playing?
Now this thread is made.
It's because I'm bored and this can be fun if you have enough people contributing. It's developing stories and reacting to what the one before you stated. Reacting and adding to the story I must say
Old 07-01-2008, 07:42 PM   #11
HumanePain

Quote:
Now this thread is made.
It isn't really an RPG in the true game sense, it is a community story. As to the point of it, it is purely for entertainment purposes. One of the funniest quotes I have read about community stories is this one:

"Last year Penguin Books posed the question “Can a community write a novel?” What the publishing house proved was that an infinite number of monkeys may be able to bang out a workable rendition of Hamlet, but 1500 internet users don’t even come close."

http://www.abebooks.com/blog/index.p...iting-project/

Old 07-01-2008, 08:12 PM   #12
Clockwork

Quote:
what the fuck is the point of role playing?
It's fun if you like writing or possibly gaming.
----

As Lethean and Barfing_Rat were in the midst of the fray below, and the mysterous green gas took its toll on the trolls behind the castle, Clockwork, on his balcony, thought he saw someone move on the rooftop above him. "The odds are shifting in our favor," he said with a grin as he deftly placed an arrow between a troll's eyes.

A dozen more had fallen to his swift wrath when the castle suddenly trembled, and, losing his footing, Clockwork wheeled his arms frantically and tumbled over the edge. "Bugger," he growled before hitting the ground on his back with a resounding thud. The pain was somewhat unbearable.

Trolls surrounded him, all tending to an enormous battering ram that banged repeatedly at the entry doors and threatened to bust them to splinters. Standing up painfully, he saw that Lethean and Barfing_Rat were a few yards and several trolls away. "We're doomed if the trolls break entry," he explained. "Hold them off, while I sabotage this ram."

He then stuck a crooked knife into the chest of one of the nearby trolls before being tackled by the rest of them.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:14 PM   #13
Duane

Duane sat on his tree stump while playing guitar. Anyone who knows him would say that they've never really seen this man doing anything else, with the exception of certain things most people would never believe he'd do. The young musician looked up at they sky.

"Seems like a nice day, would be very bad if my friends showed up to negotiate mine returning to their little holes."
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:35 PM   #14
LetheanBlacklight

Lethean, temporarily forgetting his situation, stumbles over to Duane. "Canna' not see what be happenin' over thar near Gnet laddie?" he says, while stumbling over himself in the process... remembering his forgotten situation, he looks over at Clockwork. "Erm,... Ay mate, be ye okay?", obliviously talking to the mangled mass on the ground
Old 07-01-2008, 08:58 PM   #15
HumanePain

Gazing out the fourth story castle turret, Humane von Paine surveyed the victory at the castle rear. Returning to the crystal ball atop its brass three-headed dragon mount, he hovered his right hand over the sphere, and lifting his left hand to the sky, he summoned the vision of the forward battle.

He frowned. He could not direct the deadly mist towards the forward attackers, Clockwork, Lethean and Rat were in the midst of them, they would die too.

This delicate circumstance would take precision magic. He walked out of the turret room and begun hurriedly stepping down the stone staircase, blue robe sparkling with purple stars with gold embroidery billowing as he descended.

Reaching the main floor of the castle, he went cautiously outside to rear porch, and saw the raven's cages were untouched. He opened them and began to speak in ancient tongue. The ravens hopped to the cage doors.

"CAW CAW!" The large black birds flapped out and up into the air, and spiraled up into the damp night air.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:09 PM   #16
LetheanBlacklight

amongst all the fighting: Leathean, Clockwork, and Rat look up to see the ravens Humane von Paine has sent... " Ay those birds be the biggest wenches I've seen tis yet!", the other two look at Lethean, faces of puzzlement as what he said made little sense
Old 07-01-2008, 09:19 PM   #17
Scotty_Sunday

Sunday, oblivious to all the action going on around him, wanders towards the Gnet castle. An arrow from Clockwork shoots through his deathhawk, leaving a hole through the centre. Foggily walking over the bodies of various trolls, and the shrapnel of a guitar, he holds up a kettle and asks:
"Would anyone else like some green tea?"
Scotty_Sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:21 PM   #18
LetheanBlacklight

"Aye laddie" *My fav part thus far* "Me vodka's run out, thanks be to a certain rat! But do ye happen of any grog on ya?"
Old 07-01-2008, 09:25 PM   #19
Barfing_Rat

Barfing Rat was shocked when he heard Lethan complaining about him trying to steal alcohol. He just wanted to hitch a ride and get carried out of the battle to avoid being turned into rat kabob for the troll's dinner. He yelp as he heard Lethan, he was thinking about leaping off and try to find someone else to hitch a ride on. As he spot the deadly green mist, he whimpers and dive head first into Lethan's pants, his legs kicking frantically as he try to squirm down into Lethan's pants.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:31 PM   #20
LetheanBlacklight

After noticing what he thought was Barfing Rat, was actually a split tree limb holding the bottle of vodka, "Ahh.. But do ya still happen of any grog on ya?"
Old 07-01-2008, 09:32 PM   #21
Scotty_Sunday

*searches* "Nope, not right on my person!" Sunday absent-mindedly searches through the troll he appears to be standing in. He holds up a trolls bladder to lethean, unaware of it's true nature, and asks "Is the liquor in this wine-bag strong enough for ye?"
Scotty_Sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:39 PM   #22
Barfing_Rat

Barfing Rat finally squirm his way into Lethean's pants, leaving a couple strands of furs and some fleas behind. He held onto inside of Lethean's pants for his dear life, his filthy fur tickle against Lethean's thigh. His sharp yellowish teeth start to chew a hole in pants, hoping to get some ventilation.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:49 PM   #23
Duane

Duane looked up as he heard the giggles of nymphs rise from behind a nearby group of trees. He grinned mischieviously and vanished.

"Hello fare ladies, The name is Duane, killer of trolls, winner of tournaments, and he who sweeps women off their feet.

Instead of the desired effect, the nymphs fleed, disappearing into the trees.

"Damn it..."
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:14 PM   #24
Barfing_Rat

After chewing a hole big enough to climb out, the filthy disease infected rat leap out and stand on his hind feet as he raise his head and glances around, his nose twinkling.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:04 AM   #25
Clockwork

The sickening troll-stench filled Clockwork's nostrils as he struggled against the mob that encapsulated him. Overhead, he heard the cawing of numerous black birds, and felt their shadows sweep over the battlefield. "And so we shall fight under shade of Humane's vast arm," he observed, for he knew the wizard had trained them to do his bidding. He silently applauded the old magician.

It was in the midst of this chaos that he found it necessary to tap into his own dark powers. The trolls beat and clobbered on him, but with a blink of his silver eyes, he'd vanished, and the mob were soon wrestling in vain amongst themselves. Meanwhile, his shadow creeped across the ground, and, stopping by Sunday, rose upward and became the corporeal Clockwork once more.

As he cooly armed his crossbow, he glanced at the supposed wine-bag Sunday held with a profound thirst. "I'll chance some of that, if you please," he said, aiming the bow with one hand and taking a swig with the other. Eyes focused on the battering ram, his vision blurred and he choked in disgust, spraying the foul contents all over Rat as he turned his head to the ground. "Is that European?" he growled at Sunday, as he shot an arrow directly through the support rope of the battering ram, causing it to fall apart.