Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 05-21-2023, 12:25 PM   #1
TaintedAngel

Generation X Baby Bat! 💜🖤 ( is that possible?)

Being a 70s kid you think I'd be a Traditional Goth by now, but I'm a late starter.
I've always been attracted to the darker asthetic, the way the ladies look is amazing, myself I dress more military with buckles and d rings, but it's a new thing I had to accept this side to me which is as hard as being gay.
You try to ignore the feeling but you always get seduced by it.
My music 🎵🎶 tastes are Siouxsie, And Ant, Sisters of Mercy, Rammstein and Darkwave, I also like New Wave, Post punk and New Romantic music.
I think the thing is, is it a midlife crisis or a new path with the bonus of accepting all sides of me?
Anyone else had that?
TaintedAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 11:29 AM   #2
Tamal32

It's completely normal to discover new aspects of your personality and interests at any age, so don't worry about whether it's a midlife crisis or not.

It sounds like you've found a style and music taste that speaks to you, and that's great! The goth aesthetic can be very alluring, and it's understandable why you're drawn to it. It's important to embrace all sides of yourself, even if they don't fit into societal norms or expectations. And who knows, maybe this new path will lead to some exciting trailers or experiences and opportunities. So keep exploring and being true to yourself!
Tamal32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 01:49 PM   #3
TaintedAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamal32 View Post
It's completely normal to discover new aspects of your personality and interests at any age, so don't worry about whether it's a midlife crisis or not.

It sounds like you've found a style and music taste that speaks to you, and that's great! The goth aesthetic can be very alluring, and it's understandable why you're drawn to it. It's important to embrace all sides of yourself, even if they don't fit into societal norms or expectations. And who knows, maybe this new path will lead to some exciting trailers or experiences and opportunities. So keep exploring and being true to yourself!
That's is such an encouraging reply, thanks!
Yes I am very allured by the Goth asthetic too 🙂.
Old 07-21-2023, 07:15 AM   #4
ChrsCole

It's great that you're exploring your interests and finding a way to express yourself. It sounds like you're drawn to the darker aesthetic, and that's perfectly fine. There's nothing wrong with embracing your inner goth, even if you're a late starter.

Barn Wedding Venue Columbus, Ohio
ChrsCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 10:00 AM   #5
TaintedAngel

I was always drawn to the Dark asthetic, even when young but didn't understand why I was drawn to darker attractive idols instead of the usual obvious attractive people that media make us think we have to be like.
I finally last year decided to 'let it in!'
Instead of holding back for the sake of normality.
Thanks for your encouraging words!
Old 07-28-2023, 11:23 AM   #6
ChrsCole

It's never too late to embrace your inner goth! It sounds like you've always been drawn to the darker aesthetic, and now you're finally feeling comfortable enough to express yourself in that way. That's great!

I can understand why you might be wondering if this is a midlife crisis or a new path. It's possible that it's both. Midlife crises are often about re-evaluating your life and making changes to better reflect who you are. In this case, it sounds like you're finally embracing your goth side, which is a big change for you.

Fiberglass grating manufacturers
ChrsCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 05:15 PM   #7
TaintedAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrsCole View Post
It's never too late to embrace your inner goth! It sounds like you've always been drawn to the darker aesthetic, and now you're finally feeling comfortable enough to express yourself in that way. That's great!

I can understand why you might be wondering if this is a midlife crisis or a new path. It's possible that it's both. Midlife crises are often about re-evaluating your life and making changes to better reflect who you are. In this case, it sounds like you're finally embracing your goth side, which is a big change for you.

Fiberglass grating manufacturers
Many thanks for your kind words! 🙂
I need to network more with the Community, as there's very few Goths here I see around.
I do worry I don't look Goth enough, at work we wear uniform, I look pretty normal so even when I know there is a Goth there among us I'm too shy of getting to the point of asking them as I'm wearing uniform I hardly look easy to Gothdar! 😂
Old 09-11-2023, 09:29 AM   #8
edwardterr

Finding a method to express yourself while pursuing your passions is fantastic. professional interior painters near me
edwardterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 02:05 AM   #9
edwardterr

It's not uncommon for people to discover or fully embrace different aspects of their personality and interests as they go through life. What you're experiencing may not necessarily be a midlife crisis, but rather a natural evolution and exploration of your own identity and tastes. drywall installation Bent Tree
edwardterr is offline   Reply With Quote