Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 04-24-2009, 06:15 PM   #351
the-nihilist

Riding a bike is actually better for you than jogging; however you have to do it for a longer period of time. Running shoes can get expensive. There's a website that lets you plan a jogging route using google maps, it measures the distance for you.

http://www.runningahead.com/
the-nihilist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:53 PM   #352
Pineapple_Juice

To Ophelia, Rozz, and Honeythorn:
I am not joking. I'm a fatty and I eat when I'm excited-even about losing weight.
I'm nowhere near underweight. At 5"11 and 139 pounds, I'm in the healthy weight range.
I never said I was fat or overweight. I would just like to be thinner-maybe 125 at the very thinnest. I do not have an eating disorder. I know, cuz I've been there before.
I have chunky thighs and I'd like slimmer arms. Hence the cardio.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:03 PM   #353
RozzVanian

Well power to you, Pineapple. Go for it, whatever makes you happy.
I hope you don't think I was implying you had an eating disorder...I wasn't.
Who's that walking in the streets?
-Christian Death
RozzVanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 01:29 AM   #354
Pineapple_Juice

No, Ophelia said either I had my measurements wrong or I had an eating disorder. I have neither.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:30 AM   #355
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
No, Ophelia said either I had my measurements wrong or I had an eating disorder. I have neither.
At your height and weight your BMI is 19.4, which is the very slimmer side of normal.

If you were to weigh 125, you'd easily be 17.5, which is underweight and unhealthy.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:50 AM   #356
Saya

While BMI isn't the greatest tool to judge if you're overweight or underweight, at the very most you're only an inch taller than me (I'm not sure exactly what my height is, either 5"11 or 5"10) Pineapple, and 125 would be underweight. If you have flab, you know what? I do too. In proportion to the rest of me I got a potbelly going on and my thighs are meaty, but I don't excercise. If I did ab work outs if anything I'd gain weight as muscle weighs more than fat and I'd get a flat stomach, my being underweight doesn't have much to do with the shape of my body. What I would do if you are that self conscious about it is go to a gym and talk to a trainer, they'll run a few tests to see what your ideal weight would be and give you advice as to how to tone what you have.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:32 AM   #357
Serren

Unfortunately we all tend to carry any body fat (some of which is essential to being healthy) on different parts of our body. Sometimes its your tummy, breasts, bum, or indeed your thighs, it will always be the first place you put it on and the last place you loose it. Its not always possible to loose it off those areas whilst maintaining a healthy weight. Particularly for woman who have had kids.

Personally I carry it on my breasts which is as good a place as any :-)

Liposuction is fairly popular for that reason. Not that I would suggest that.

I personally think most woman tend to look better if they are not a size zero. Some woman are built like that and look great, but for most of us it will just leave you looking quite horrible, and very unfeminine. Some curves I think can be very sexy.
Serren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:36 AM   #358
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
At your height and weight your BMI is 19.4, which is the very slimmer side of normal.

If you were to weigh 125, you'd easily be 17.5, which is underweight and unhealthy.
BMI is a great tool for people who have no clue what is and isn't good for their body but different bone structure and body type make it a far from perfect measurement. From what pineapple described she seems like she could be quite healthy at 130.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 04:36 PM   #359
MollyMac

And chicks like me can throw BMI and scales out the window. Been lifting, kick/boxing and dancing so long that most of my weight is muscle and not fat. Also, my bones are more dense and slightly thicker than average from jumping and impact sports. At 5'7" and 165, I would typically be obese- a US 14/16, but I am a US 10 generally and an 8 when I compete.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:58 PM   #360
Pineapple_Juice

Obese? Isn't obese like 20% heavier than your ideal weight or something? I don't think you'd be obese if it was all fat.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:16 PM   #361
Underwater Ophelia

I started a weight loss competition at work today.
I am going to win.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 03:21 PM   #362
Duane

I think I hit a plateau, so I'm upping the weight I curl and press, maybe hold onto a 10 pounder when doing sit-ups. I've been doing some calculations, and I believe it will take a year and a half to develope the body I want, 2 years at the most.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 03:22 PM   #363
MollyMac

Heh- my competition season is starting up- clean eats and 25% more HIIT!!!! Whee!
Old 05-01-2009, 11:00 AM   #364
Duane

I was looking for some weights and found those Bowflex dumbbells, the adjustable type, and they are so awesome, think I might get some later on.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:07 PM   #365
honeythorn

Duane, I hope you realise that sitting there doing weights is not going to make you lose weight? If anything you'll end up looking bigger and weigh more due to the muscle weighing heavier than fat. And if you aren't burning off the fat sitting on top of the muscle, you're just going to look even more huge.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:40 PM   #366
Duane

I'm not just lifting weights, I'm also doing cardiovascular, if that's not enough... there's always something else I could do.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:48 PM   #367
Pineapple_Juice

So second running experience was much better, but I've been scarfing like crazy lately so I gained a few pounds. I'm gonna go every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday for about half an hour until I build up. I'm doing this Couch to 5k plan thing someone recommended. Proper running shoes does indeed make quite the difference, even if they're ugly.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:28 PM   #368
honeythorn

Running gear is not the most attractive stuff it has to be said. I look a right old state in my dark grey skintight running trousers ( with breathe-able bits behind the knees and everything! ) trainers, black legwarmers and an old hoodie. I look like an 80's aerobics nightmare gone wrong when I've crimped my hair the day before and it's going in all directions !!
Old 05-01-2009, 05:39 PM   #369
ZyklonB

Ok all this whining about fat but, where's the whining about being skinny?

I shall start! No matter what I do I can never gain weight =/ Even when I used to work out, the most I ever got to was around 107lbs. Right now I'm at around 105 or so if I remember correctly. I eat lots, I mean LOTS. 16 oz steak, baked potato and whatever else is around+ the drink? Yeeep.

It's my stupid metabolism or something. I'm only like.. 7-10% fat, around there.I'm going to start working out again. Hoping to see if I can bulk up a bit I guess. I doubt I'll go past 110 though. I hate this D:<
I'd just like a little bit of meat on me, but it just doesn't show much even when I get it. BLAAHHH.

5 feet 7 and 105 lbse. Boo. Been at this damn weight range since middle school and I'm about to go to college in the fall.
ZyklonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:40 PM   #370
Duane

Make a thread for that, dude.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:13 PM   #371
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZyklonB View Post
5 feet 7 and 105 lbse. Boo. Been at this damn weight range since middle school and I'm about to go to college in the fall.
You'll bulk up a bit when you get there, the freshmen fifteen really isn't a myth, though it seems to end up being more like a freshmen five and a sophomore ten. Part of it is the available food, part of it is drinking (alcoholic beverages are seriously high in calories), part of it is all of the time spent snacking while you work on papers, read, and study, but the biggest part of it is that it is also about the same time that people's metabolism slows down.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:41 PM   #372
Pineapple_Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
Running gear is not the most attractive stuff it has to be said. I look a right old state in my dark grey skintight running trousers ( with breathe-able bits behind the knees and everything! ) trainers, black legwarmers and an old hoodie. I look like an 80's aerobics nightmare gone wrong when I've crimped my hair the day before and it's going in all directions !!
Pssht, bah. Leg warmers are cute! I want some, except my shoes are majorly white with orange and black. HIDEOUS.

http://www.joesnewbalanceoutlet.com/...WR414WG_lg.jpg

I have those except where the green is mine are orange. I bought some cheap running pants but they're quarter leg or whatever they are (capris?) and they only look alright if I roll the waistband up. Problem is when I do that I get dangerously close to moose-knuckle territory, plus I keep worrying about the jiggle factor of my butt. You're on the straight and narrow-I need running fashion advice!
Old 05-02-2009, 05:27 AM   #373
honeythorn

Haha! Those aren't too different to my trainers actually. I just have these cheap knitted black legwarmers. I bought them on a whim really. At least I won't get cold ankles anyway. I have the long running trousers. Like bloody longjohns/leggings ( but far more attractive obviously ). No they don't look exactly alluring but they do the job. Don't hoik yours up to the fanny though! No one needs to see a camel toe. That's just nasty >.<

And don't worry, my arse does the charleston of it's own accord when I run, haha! . Everyone's arse jiggles a bit when they run, don't worry about it. If anyone comments just say "at least I'm jogging to do something about it " Which is perfectly true. Mine is definitely a lot firmer than it was after 4 months of jogging.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:30 AM   #374
Duane

I'm going to start jogging June 1st, until then, I'm going to get prepped by... no idea Honeythorn, did you do anything to prepare for the jogging, or did you just start jogging?
Old 05-02-2009, 01:20 PM   #375
the-nihilist

Well, if your location is correct (desert) i don't have to tell you how important drinking water is.
the-nihilist is offline   Reply With Quote