Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 06-01-2012, 05:57 PM   #7451
Solumina

If you mock something in an extremely derogatory way then I don't care how accepting you claim to be, it is clear that you are not okay with it.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:38 PM   #7452
Mariner

-_- Trying to figure out how to pay for college next semester...really don't want to take out another loan...meh.
Is the curse in a dead man's eye !
Seven days, seven nights, I saw that curse,
And yet I could not die."

-The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
by Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:48 PM   #7453
ape descendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder.Of.Crows View Post
What's up Ape?
Just been a bit off since my dad passed.

FB - All of those things sound awesome.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:36 AM   #7454
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
I wish I could say it gets easier but it won't for a long time, and even then you will never be the same, but you will get through this
-Carbon Leaf
Old 06-02-2012, 08:50 PM   #7455
Fruitbat

Quote:

FB - All of those things sound awesome.
Oh sweetheart, it's only natural to feel that way after a parent has passed away. And it totally sucks and it's just part of life - unfortunately.

I remember feeling like a safety net against the world had gone - because parents protect children (to some extent) against the bad things in the world.

Maybe write your feelings down, get it all out on paper, then think about why you are feeling that way. For me, I felt sad at the lost opportunities - not being able to call my father and just have a chat, or just ask him his advice on something, with my mother it was always recipe advice.

Sorry for providing my experience. It's not about me, it's about you, but sometimes hearing about another's experience can help - if it doesn't then just think of making jelly with me in your kitchen.

Don't be too hard on yourself honey. It's a hard time and you'll eventually adapt to your new life, just know that there are a lot of people out there who are on your cheer squad.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:29 AM   #7456
ape descendant

This isn't my first experience with a close person dying. I just didn't realize that it would be such a dull just under the surface thing.

Unlike the first time which was a sudden shock, this is has been a long time coming. Watching some one you love die slowly is a surreal experience. It does make it a little easier, not so acute, not such a shock.

This coupled with my good lady-wife coming out and having been seriously ill in the last year its been a little intense. I'm sure it'll let up soon enough and things will settle in to what is the new normal and all will be well with the world.

Be Kind
Old 06-04-2012, 06:59 PM   #7457
Fruitbat

Quote:
This isn't my first experience with a close person dying. I just didn't realize that it would be such a dull just under the surface thing.

Unlike the first time which was a sudden shock, this is has been a long time coming. Watching some one you love die slowly is a surreal experience. It does make it a little easier, not so acute, not such a shock.

This coupled with my good lady-wife coming out and having been seriously ill in the last year its been a little intense. I'm sure it'll let up soon enough and things will settle in to what is the new normal and all will be well with the world.
I hate it when it feels like life is just continually shitting on you. Take care. It will settle down soon, always does, just a matter of hanging on and waiting for better days. Super big hugs to you and your clan.

Old 06-05-2012, 03:24 PM   #7458
ape descendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
I hate it when it feels like life is just continually shitting on you. Take care. It will settle down soon, always does, just a matter of hanging on and waiting for better days. Super big hugs to you and your clan.
Not so much shitting. My wife coming out is a good thing, just a gigantic change. Just a lot of big stuff all at once.

But yeah, *hugs*

Be Kind
Old 06-05-2012, 06:16 PM   #7459
Cannon

Just had my first ever university exam. And I know for a fact, that I did not do well at all.
At least one girl in my class made all the difference.
Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:59 AM   #7460
Fruitbat

Quote:
Not so much shitting. My wife coming out is a good thing, just a gigantic change. Just a lot of big stuff all at once.

But yeah, *hugs*
Yep agree about your wife coming out as being a good thing - didn't mean to infer it wasn't good. Must have been hard for her. Hope she's getting support from her family and friends.

It's not really a rant, but I'm too lazy to go into another thread, and it is sort of a rant in a way...

Had to take cat 1 to the vet sore leg. Put cat in front seat of car in carrying case. Cat pees. I comfort cat. Have to slam on the brakes because of idiot driver in front of me. Cat's carrycase falls forward a littlle, but is braced by the dash - but it falls enough so the pee in the bottom of the cage trickles into my handbag on floor.

Fortunately for the car, the handbag soaks up all the cat pee. Fortunately it misses my purse and mykindle and it all lands on tissues in the bottom of the bag and in the lining of the bag.

Cats fine. I LMAO. Will put the handbag in the sun tomorrow, having scrubbed it. But I so hate the smell of cat pee that if there is a hint, I'll throw the bag out. It's a shame because it was my only going out bag , but it's only a hand bag and I will hunt the op shops for a replacement, when I get some spare cash.

Say to vet, "Do whatever needs to be done." Living off lentils and oatmeal for a few more weeks, sigh.

Old 06-08-2012, 05:05 AM   #7461
KissMeDeadly

Last summer I dropped 60 pounds. Felt great about myself, walked around knowing that I am the pure embodiment of sex itself. Through the winter though, it seems I've gained back about 50 of that. So fuck.

I hate that my weight flip-flops between seasons.
KissMeDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:40 AM   #7462
ape descendant

The cat pee smell can be hard to get out. You might try washing it in vinegar, a lot of times vinegar will get smells out of things. Your bag will smell like vinegar for a little bit but that will go away after a while.

Be Kind
Old 06-08-2012, 07:19 PM   #7463
Haejin

Has anyone ever stopped using normal deodorant and experienced side effects? I pretty much stopped using my typical Dove deodorant and replaced it with a natural one from lush that doesn't have that aluminum bla bla in it. And my pits and boobs have bumps all over them...not like a rash but like painful mosquito looking bumps. Could it be that my pits are like detoxing or something?
Haejin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:06 PM   #7464
Solumina

Unlikely, if you have sensitive skin it could just be irritation. Do you put it on shortly after shaving?
-Carbon Leaf
Old 06-08-2012, 08:27 PM   #7465
Haejin

No, and i don't really shave all that often to begin with. I'm gonna wait it out and see what happens.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:36 PM   #7466
Saya

I didn't, but I also don't shave my pits. It could be my imagination but I gave up on natural deodorant for a while and switched to Mitchum and THAT felt weird on the pits, almost like it stung.

Sometimes switching brands can just fuck you up for a period of time, but it could also be a sensitivity to one of the ingredients, maybe try something different? Kiss My Face has awesome deodorant, its what I'm using now and its the only natural deodorant that for me at least is as good as the regular stuff.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:40 PM   #7467
Haejin

I'll try switching if this keeps up...for a while i was freaking out cuz the breaking out happened at the same time that i ended up with bites all over my legs, so I thought I had bed bugs or something. But I'm pretty sure the pit/boob thing is cuz of the deodorant, so I should probably try different ones out. Has anyone gone a period without using anything? Or is that just positively a no no.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:44 PM   #7468
ape descendant

There's a deodorant crystal you can use that is scentless it lasts about as long as your average deodorant but lacks most of the crap in them. Personally, I use an awesome men's deodorant that lasts longer, but the crystal is pretty awesome I say look it up and see if it helps.

Be Kind
Old 06-08-2012, 08:49 PM   #7469
Saya

I can go a day or two without but more than that is a no go.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:33 PM   #7470
Versus

Hahahaha! I was about to rant but now I'm too amused that I got Saya to say an army term.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:44 AM   #7471
Solumina

I drank way too much last night, I only remember bits and pieces after 11
-Carbon Leaf
Old 06-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #7472
mindless1

My year old kitty, named kitty, is annoying. She's cute, alright...but she pooped next to the litter box last night. NEXT to it. She licks my face all night, demands attention, chases invisible mice, and just annoys me a lot. I'm going to give her away to a friend, I'm not even supposed to have a cat at my apartment. I mean I like the kitty, her new name is Shira. She's one year old, a tortious shell cat, declawed (not my doing) and everything. She's just sooo needy. Other than that, no complaints. I got an Xbox 360 and I'm playing Skyrim on it.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:31 PM   #7473
Solumina

I still feel awful and it has been over 24 hours since my last drink, what the fuck is going on with me?
-Carbon Leaf
Old 06-10-2012, 09:36 PM   #7474
Saturnine Entropic Wyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
I still feel awful and it has been over 24 hours since my last drink, what the fuck is going on with me?
Blacking out from liquor does this, sometimes. Be sure to drink plenty of water and eat green foods. Raw spinach and shit. Get lots of sleep.
Saturnine Entropic Wyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:47 PM   #7475
CIRQUEFREAK91

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindless1 View Post
My year old kitty, named kitty, is annoying. She's cute, alright...but she pooped next to the litter box last night. NEXT to it. She licks my face all night, demands attention, chases invisible mice, and just annoys me a lot. I'm going to give her away to a friend, I'm not even supposed to have a cat at my apartment. I mean I like the kitty, her new name is Shira. She's one year old, a tortious shell cat, declawed (not my doing) and everything. She's just sooo needy. Other than that, no complaints. I got an Xbox 360 and I'm playing Skyrim on it.
Lmao. It's either Skyrim or Shira.
CIRQUEFREAK91 is offline   Reply With Quote