Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 06-24-2007, 11:02 AM   #26
DeathChii

Yeah, worst case scenario dreams... I think it's my brain trying to deal with anxiety, cause lately I've been getting better, and not assuming the worst in real life... so now all of a sudden I am dreaming about it... I guess it is one or the other =S
From trashing this way and that
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
I offer this suffering of my father
"The Offering" - Stan Rice
DeathChii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 11:04 AM   #27
Aaroneet

Try to find a way to alleviate the anxiety. Repressing it is what leads to those dreams.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:08 AM   #28
DeathChii

Haha! I just had "666" number of posts XD
anyway... Yeah... Repressing it is the only way I know how to deal with it O_o unfortunatley
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
Old 06-24-2007, 12:05 PM   #29
Aaroneet

Find a way to let it out.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:34 PM   #30
Don't Look Behind You

Location: a russian, vienna-educated, living in the Netherlands. beat that.
yes, the best way to cope with such dreams is comming to terms with your anxiety. Good Luck.

I personaly have a dream-problem that I have given up in solving. I have had nasty surrealistic nightmares for over 3 years. They make NO SENSE. really. And on top of that they influence my sleeping habbits. Either I hardly get out of bed or I cannot sleep at all and toss and turn all night long.
The only solution I have found is depriving myself of sleep for three nights in a row. Doing this makes me happier and gives me more time to finish my drawings or stories. On the other hand I am utterly useless having not slept for three nights. I even get hallucinations...:P
It would be nice to know why I have these stupid nightmares. They are terrifying. Sometimes I am even afraid of going to sleep.
Does anyone know what this is?
--If you want to love me you'll have to love my shadow. This black creature that is stuck to my feet and that hates the light whithout which it wouldn't exist. Sometimes, I think it is more me than I am. Please be gentle as you make my shadow white.

-- On soft pillows you won't ride into eternity and spilling your blood you won't get out of eternity again.
Don't Look Behind You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 12:38 PM   #31
Aaroneet

I would have to know what the dream is about.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:41 PM   #32
Don't Look Behind You

they are all different. one theme that repeats is a huge crack in the ground that everyone can jump over except for me. I panic and then I try jumping over it eventualy. The result is obvious: I fall in. Inside there are either gory body parts, or i end up in some middle ages torture chamber or there are crocodiles or whatnot. It's all just a mess.
--If you want to love me you'll have to love my shadow. This black creature that is stuck to my feet and that hates the light whithout which it wouldn't exist. Sometimes, I think it is more me than I am. Please be gentle as you make my shadow white.

-- On soft pillows you won't ride into eternity and spilling your blood you won't get out of eternity again.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:51 PM   #33
Aaroneet

Maybe the "crack" is symbolic of fallacy or a lacking that you think exists within yourself. The "panic" represents a simple hesitance in confrontation; it is fear as the general human trait. It can also be considered an impulse that is emblematic of the said "human flaw". The gory body parts are each representative of a different human insight or trait; the fact that they are "gory" is representative of how you feel the flaw "taints" you, or ruins your life, for lack of a better word. The "crocodiles" are expressive of how you feel that you are being "eaten alive", either by what is troubling you, or within yourself. The "middle ages" express what is dark, romantic, and otherwise simplistic. It is a focus on emotion, and what is associated, in your mind, with direct contact with the subconscious. It also represents fear and seclusion in its purest forms.

You are bothered by insecurity. Make peace with yourself.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:03 PM   #34
DeathChii

I hate it... when I have dreams that I am fighting with someone, but for some reason, I can't hurt them. Like I punch them, but for some reason it lacks force and speed, and just moves in slow motion. Or like I try to kick someone, but my leg just won't kick, or I run from somone, and I just can't run faster than a snail!! What the hell is up with that!! >_<
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
Old 06-24-2007, 01:05 PM   #35
Aaroneet

It's more "insecurity dreams" that express fallibility compared to someone else. It can also be nerves that result from a conflict with said person, which, again, express doubt.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:05 PM   #36
Don't Look Behind You

well, true...insecurity, fear....i've heard it all before and I know my weaknesses. But THREE years. Can insecurity really cause me to be terrorized in my sleep for three years?

Here is another theme (as I said there are many)... A house built of severed heads. Apart from the heads there is nothing obviously scary. The only problem is I seem to be full of the people these heads belong to. I think their thoughts, I have their memories. I feel their emotions. I consists of them. There is no me. I don't even mediate between "them".
I wake up with an impression of great physical pain.

and there are many more. dreams where I am being eaten, r*ped (why does gnet censor this word, by the way?) by ex-boyfrieds, where I fall, where i am terrified of coming late, where I am at the mercy of obviously insane people.....every night something of this sort.

Old 06-24-2007, 01:06 PM   #37
Methadrine

Yeah, I hate those moments where you can't run. :/ ..and it usually means that I wake up since I remember (in the dream!) that I can't run fast in the dreamlands and that triggers the wake up call.

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 01:09 PM   #38
DeathChii

How do you know all this?? O_O
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
Old 06-24-2007, 01:18 PM   #39
Aaroneet

Who are you referring to?
Old 06-24-2007, 01:34 PM   #40
Cyntrox

A friend wanted to have his dream interpreted, so here goes:

"I am going in a group of people in a forest. Suddenly a bunch of bandits appear and start shooting all over. I am in some kind of a hut, one of the armed people approaches me and points his gun towards my head.He pushes the trigger and it shoots to my head, I feel i am dying. I am falling somewhere and that is when the first dream ends.

Few minutes later another dream: Another village, again many armed people appear and shoot everyone from gun machines. One of the bullets hits me, and i die again.
In both of the dreams the feeling of death was very realistic. I wasn't afraid of dying, just felt pity."
Old 06-24-2007, 01:37 PM   #41
Aaroneet

Don't Look Behind You: Any "ex-boyfriend dream" is a sign of unresolved conflict within the relationship. The "r*pe" part is a symbol of your unwanted exposure of yourself to him, in a literal and metaphorical sense, as well as a self-admittance to his superseding you. The "severed heads" dream is a sign that there is a "give-and-take" policy in your social interactions that you have breached. The "insane people" dream is yet another sign of vulnerability. Your subconscious is picking itself apart, possibly looking for that wrong thing you did. This could all just be paranoia and guilt stemming from a certain action that you deeply felt was "wrong". Many fictional characters, such as Macbeth, suffered from this, and, as they say, "Art imitates life." The noted violence in your dreams may be further evidence that it is resulting from guilt.

There is something that might be causing you guilt in your past. Try to find out what it is, and further try to make peace with it.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:44 PM   #42
Aaroneet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyntrox
A friend wanted to have his dream interpreted, so here goes:

"I am going in a group of people in a forest. Suddenly a bunch of bandits appear and start shooting all over. I am in some kind of a hut, one of the armed people approaches me and points his gun towards my head.He pushes the trigger and it shoots to my head, I feel i am dying. I am falling somewhere and that is when the first dream ends.

This is possibly symbolic of an internalized sense of death because of something new and unknown appearing in your friend's life that is causing him unrest. The "falling" is expressing a "downward spiral" that is resulting.

Few minutes later another dream: Another village, again many armed people appear and shoot everyone from gun machines. One of the bullets hits me, and i die again.
In both of the dreams the feeling of death was very realistic. I wasn't afraid of dying, just felt pity."
Once again, this is an expression of something new and foreign that is giving your friend fear, and hence a death of self. The ironic part here is that there is no fear of death. The "pity" can be an attempt to identify whatever is "foreign" in your friend's life, and a hope to understand the change that is occurring. It could also be an expression of regret, that there is something unresolved and sudden about the change. When a chapter of our lives is finished and there is no "goodbye", or conclusion, so to speak, it makes us uneasy, and looking for a conclusion. It is the human condition to fear what is open, for it is unknown. That open-endedness to circumstance may be what's causing these dreams.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:46 PM   #43
Aaroneet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChii
How do you know all this?? O_O

If you do indeed mean me, it's from literary analysis. When someone or something fascinates me, I try to find out all I can about them. Dreams are a way for me to do that.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:51 PM   #44
DeathChii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaroneet
If you do indeed mean me, it's from literary analysis. When someone or something fascinates me, I try to find out all I can about them. Dreams are a way for me to do that.
Yes, I'm very interested in dreams and what they mean. I really want to learn about it... I was just wondering if you know anywhere I can get information...?
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
Old 06-24-2007, 01:54 PM   #45
Aaroneet

Try researching Dream Interpretation online. And, as I've said before, take novels, and analyze as much as you can.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:56 PM   #46
Methadrine

a bit offtopic but when locating resources on any given subject, try wikipedia. At the bottom of the page of the subject they usually list a couple of external sites where you can get even more info etc.

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 02:00 PM   #47
DeathChii

Thanks! I'll get to that as soon as I am done studying for science! T__T
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
Old 06-24-2007, 02:39 PM   #48
Aaroneet

Good luck with that, by the way.
Old 06-24-2007, 02:47 PM   #49
DeathChii

Thank you =D
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
Old 06-25-2007, 10:44 AM   #50
Don't Look Behind You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaroneet
Your analysis skills are truely worth of admiration. I also try anaylsing people and novels, but I do not believe that dreams say all that much about people. Dreams are just bits and pieces of unprocessed information gathered during the day. I think for the most part they are nonsense.