Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 04-27-2005, 05:00 AM   #1
CptSternn

Jurors Convict Muslim Leader in Terrorism Case

Meet the first public casualty in the new police state. An american imprisoned for life for speaking what he believed in. It might have been contreversial, it might have been against the mainstream, but in the end, it was words that they arrested him for, not actions, and imprisoned him for life.

As the attorneys said...

Defense attorneys argued that the case was about freedom of speech and religion. "All this man has done is exercise the rights all American citizens have," MacMahon said in court. "He has uttered words, folks, mere words."

------

A prominent Muslim spiritual leader from Fairfax County was convicted yesterday of inciting his followers to train overseas for violent jihad against the United States.

The jury in U.S. District Court in Alexandria decided that Ali Al-Timimi's words, coming shortly after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, were enough to send him to prison for what prosecutors said will be a mandatory life sentence.

Timimi, 41, who was born and raised in the Washington area and has lectured on Islam around the world, was convicted of inspiring a group of his Northern Virginia followers to attend terrorist training camps abroad and prepare to battle American troops. He was found guilty of all 10 charges against him, including soliciting others to levy war against the United States and contributing services to Afghanistan's former Taliban rulers.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...90.html?sub=AR
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 06:35 AM   #2
MrMaelstrom

Where does freedom of speech end and incitement to crime begin?

Wait a minute, is it incitement?

So, is he a political prisoner?

I thought it was the commies who did that kinda shit, but funny enough, when we had our carnation revolution in '74, the 1st thing we did was to release all political prisoners.

But then, I got weird opinions. I agree with a free Ireland and País Basque, but want to see a more united Europe and am disgusted by both ETA, IRA and the European Community.

The muslim leader was an ignorant prick, but what was done was to make a political/religious "martyr" out of a bigot, the sentence itself is nothing but a bigoted way to pass off a political prisoner as a terrorist. It sucks arse.

I don't agree with attrocities like the Oklahoma City Bombing, but Timmy McVeigh had a couple of good points, as had the Unabomber, had those fucks been able to overcome their communication skill deficiencies.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:45 AM   #3
Binkie

Oh the poor persecuted muslim in America. Constitutional Law outlining treason shouldn't apply to him. HE'S A MINORTY! I love Sternn's logic. This is the exact problem with his country. No one knows how to follow the law there. They just take it into their own hands cause they think they're right and the police are wrong. His judgement here on Gothic.net can easily shed insight into just how effective that is.

But here's what the Constitution, under Article III, Chapter 115, Sec. 2381, outlines about treason:

" Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason."

Whew. At least we have laws for this kind of thing written long ago. Should this have happened in Northern Ireland, good god. Don't expect a fair trial. He would have been hung from a tree by a bunch of bigotted paratrooper wannabes. Man, just you posting on this Sternn makes me glad to be in this country and not your's.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 08:54 AM   #4
Asurai

If he had simply said, "I hate the United States," he would have been fine.

But, no, the fucking moron had to go and try to convince his followers to join the Taliban and actively fight US troops. A freedom of speech case therefore becomes a case of treason.

And since murder is a felony -- and killing American citizens counts as murder ;-- we could easily have also convicted him for conspiracy to commit murder. Again, if he had just talked about it, it would be alright, but no, he actually actually trained his followers for jihad, and four of them left to join the Taliban. (Which means that, by all legal statutes, he's screwed, since some of the people with whom he was conspiring actually DID what they were conspiring about.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom
So, is he a polytical prisoner?
No, he's a traitor, a foreign agent, and a conspirator to commit murder.
Asurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 08:55 AM   #5
Asurai

Binkie, we love you.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:54 AM   #6
WolfMoon

We were born to rub her!

:wink:
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 10:00 AM   #7
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
We were born to rub her!

Mmmmm Yes, I wholeheartedly agree..

You start at her toes and I am going to start at those exquisitely perfect, shoulders of hers..

:twisted:

Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 10:06 AM   #8
WolfMoon

I'll grab the lotion and we'll meet in the middle!

Old 04-27-2005, 10:18 AM   #9
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:

We can definitely meet in the middle, but I'm thinkin she is more of a warm bottle of Jasmine oil kinda girl...

Old 04-27-2005, 10:36 AM   #10
edible_eye

trial's over now. buh-bye.

Old 04-27-2005, 10:44 AM   #11
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
Quote:

We can definitely meet in the middle, but I'm thinkin she is more of a warm bottle of Jasmine oil kinda girl...

What's with you and this jasmine oil?

:P

I'd prefer some of that honey-dust myself.

Old 04-27-2005, 10:59 AM   #12
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
Quote:

What's with you and this jasmine oil?

I'd prefer some of that honey-dust myself.

Mmm I like it because it smells sooooo good, and it gets warm when you rub it in..

But the Honey Dust is nice too cause it's edible..

( I can hear it already )

Ha..

But seriously, such sweet suffering..

*Shiver*

Damn my vivid imagination..

:oops:
Old 04-28-2005, 10:05 AM   #13
CptSternn

Good to see McCarthyism is making a comeback.

Let me be the first to say if the us invades my country, I'll encourage people here and abroad to take up arms.

A simple statement which right now means nothing, that is unless the us invades Ireland, then automatically I'm going to be hunted down and prosecuted for treason.

Slán
Old 04-28-2005, 11:51 AM   #14
Binkie

Aww... don't worry, Sternny. We won't invade your insignificant, tiny little province (we're a little busy countries that actually matter right now). Besides, it turns out your IRA and Sinn Fein buddies are caving into international pressure to cut the shit and work towards the democratic process. Amongst those international voices; George W. Bush.

So it looks like your buds aren't going to be pissing us off anymore cause they know better than to argue or go against the puppet master. Hell, why invade when we can pull your strings from right over here?

:lol:
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Old 04-28-2005, 07:03 PM   #15
Asurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
Good to see McCarthyism is making a comeback.
Do you actually take the time to read what you type?

WHEN does free speech mean that one can advocate murder and conspire to commit treason?

That's right, fucking NEVER.

Quote:
A simple statement which right now means nothing, that is unless the us invades Ireland, then automatically I'm going to be hunted down and prosecuted for treason.
Are you a citizen of the United States? If not, then you cannot be charged with treason. If so, then you would be obligated to renounce your status as a citizen, else you would face treason for supporting the enemies of your country. It's quite black-and-white.

Look, it's simple: the Muslim cleric commited both treason and conspiracy to commit murder, among a full host of more specific charges. For what conceivable reason should we spare him?
Old 04-28-2005, 08:10 PM   #16
Binkie

BA-ZING!!

8)
Old 05-02-2005, 06:35 AM   #17
CptSternn

Binkie - I find it quite humourous myself that a student who has never ventured out past their own state boundaries and lives their life in the their parents basement actually thinks they know 'the world' because they have 'web access'.

Hey, why not try moving out, paying some bills, and when you get old enough we'll let you vote! Then you can make a change rather than spending your days wasting all that great political insite here on gothic.net!
Old 05-02-2005, 04:27 PM   #18
Binkie

Hehehe... that's all you can say in defense of the fact that your political party is a total puppet of the Bush Administration?

Oh man. :lol:

It must pain you to realize that you know so little about me that you can't even orchestrate a personal attack that's effective in any sense of hitting close to home. Then again, even if you did have enough information, which you probably never will cause you can't even get enough information out of a news article written in plain english, you're not exactly in a position to be calling other people losers, Mr. Fortune 500.

Old 05-02-2005, 08:23 PM   #19
MrMaelstrom

Guys, what is it with Maël on your signatures? Is it the new DKNY fashion statement or what? If you're gonna use on your sig, put it as Mr. Maël. Muito obrigado (Pt say much obliged instead of thank you).
Old 05-03-2005, 01:41 PM   #20
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaelstrom
Guys, what is it with Maël on your signatures? Is it the new DKNY fashion statement or what? If you're gonna use on your sig, put it as Mr. Maël. Muito obrigado (Pt say much obliged instead of thank you).
No way, dude!

Old 05-03-2005, 02:11 PM   #21
TeapotScar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaelstrom
Who besides Al quotes you?

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 07:16 AM   #22
CptSternn

You live in your parents basement. Come out and talk to me about politics once you have paid your own electric bill, and joined society. Right now your a dependant, not a contributing member of society. You have as much political power as a convicted felon.

You remind me of me mates kids last weekend. A few of the old boys were in town so they decided we should get a motley crew togther for a game of rugby. I show up at his house and while he's getting kitted, I was in the sitting room with his 2 young lads. They were playing around with the ball, so I say to them, you lads any good at rugby? They respond YES! So I tell em, alright! While your fathers getting kitted lets go play a little rugby! They say to me 'Alright!' and the one kid looks at his brother and says 'Ill go up to our room and get the DISC!'.

Tis the same view I have of anyone who lives vicariously on the web, never actually doing shit other than spending it online in their parents house bitching about things that don't really effect them.

You should try the real world, get out there and you know, do something rather than let us know what you read on the web, which may I point out, you are quite often 100% wrong about.

For more information, see the new election results in the thread you started.

Slán
Old 05-07-2005, 07:35 AM   #23
Binkie

How old am I, Sternn?

What state to I have residency in?

What state am I posting from right now?

What do I do for a living?

What kind of facility do I live in?

Since you think you know so much about me, why don't you give those questions a stab? I wanna see what your creative little mind comes up with, since you obviously have no clue. It's funny to watch you squirm like this. When you know someone's totally slam dunked you on a political thread, you always resort to this. Doesn't look good for your arguement here, Sternn.

Quick piece of advice, bicycle boy; if you're going to attack credibility, it'd be a good idea to actually know something about the person rather than make it all up.

Come back when you want to talk about politics again. :lol:
Old 05-12-2005, 07:34 AM   #24
CptSternn

See, thats the difference between you and most everyone else here. You hide behind monikers, change your name every thread to hide who you are, and never post pictures of yerself here while people like me actually have a life, a rich past, and grand stories to share, so I have my life catalogued on the net, basically cuz I hate answering a million questions when I do an event or book a gig.

It's not up to me to figure out your life for you, thats your own problem. I do know your not one of us though, which perplexes me as to why a person who is anti-goth comes to a goth lifestyle site, the largest on the net, to post rhetoric that is completely off base with what a majority of the community here feels and the beliefs they subscribe to.

Slán
Old 05-12-2005, 08:05 AM   #25
Binkie

Welp, once again you don't know what you're talking about. I've posted pictures several times. The avatar on my old nick used to be a shot of my eye.

Oh, and if it's not your problem to figure out who I am, then stop trying to guess. First of all, you're horrible at it, and secondly, you don't care? Guess it's time to start arguing actual politics again, eh? You think you can manage that without trying to roll up and spit out personal attacks that are both desperate and horribly off base? Lets give it a try, big boy.