Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 01-29-2008, 05:50 PM   #26
dark_dragon_of_ice

I get really sick If I don't eat or drink for 24 hours.
A human can survive a maximum of three days without the intake of water so you will be pushing it.
dark_dragon_of_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:50 PM   #27
Mir

48 hours would probably put anyone's sanity to the test. You can always bail if it starts turning nasty. You should have someone monitoring your breathing, anxiety/panic levels on the outside.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:53 PM   #28
Breathless Horror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir
48 hours would probably put anyone's sanity to the test. You can always bail if it starts turning nasty. You should have someone monitoring your breathing, anxiety/panic levels on the outside.
Yeah, to do it solo would probably be a really bad idea. I'm pretty sure I have at least three friends who would actually be willing to sit me through it. I could probably convince them to take shifts if I payed for food and some movie/video game rentals.

Would it be better to have the lid nailed shut, or use some other method to secure it? I'm wondering if there really IS another method to secure it without making it really complicated.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:55 PM   #29
dark_dragon_of_ice

I would recommend to have water with you.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:55 PM   #30
Breathless Horror

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_dragon_of_ice
I get really sick If I don't eat or drink for 24 hours.
I've gone for 5 days without food before, though I had water.
Quote:
A human can survive a maximum of three days without the intake of water so you will be pushing it.
Thats what makes it interesting.

Old 01-29-2008, 05:56 PM   #31
dark_dragon_of_ice

Look I can understand getting over a fear but this is simply self torture why does it have to be 2 days?
Old 01-29-2008, 06:01 PM   #32
Breathless Horror

I don't really have any particular fear I'm trying to rid myself of, other than VERY mild claustrophobia. I don't even know why I want to do it. I just do, and I think it would be an interesting experiance. As for the length, I think I want to start thinking that I'll never get out. I want to feel what it's like to be trapped. If it's only one day I can tell myself "it's only a day, whats to worry?". Two days is the longest I can go without the risk of death.

But basically this is all just attempted rationalization of an irrational urge.

Old 01-29-2008, 06:05 PM   #33
Mir

You don't have to seal it shut. As long as the lid stays closed for the duration of your 'stay', I don't see why you should. Also, in case something goes wrong, you can get out immediately. Be safe.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:05 PM   #34
Nevan

I find the idea very intriguing. It has crossed my mind as well, a while back, but I don't really have the nerve to go through with something like that. I also get this strange urge to jump off from high places - when I stand really close to the edge and look down. Weird.

Please do share your experience when once you've done it

Alas! Must it ever be so?
Do we stand in our own light, wherever we go,
And fight our own shadows forever?
- Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Nevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:02 AM   #35
JCC

Meh, sounds pretty dumb to me.

I've had an urge to drink blood before. Not in a crazy vampire way, just seems interesting. Essence of life, being consumed. Never gone through with it though, for a start it's meant to taste nasty, also, I can hardly go up to my mother and be like "Oh, mum, fetch me some pig plasma from the butchers?"
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:16 AM   #36
dark_dragon_of_ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Meh, sounds pretty dumb to me.

I've had an urge to drink blood before. Not in a crazy vampire way, just seems interesting. Essence of life, being consumed. Never gone through with it though, for a start it's meant to taste nasty, also, I can hardly go up to my mother and be like "Oh, mum, fetch me some pig plasma from the butchers?"
You have never tasted your own blood?
Old 01-30-2008, 02:15 AM   #37
JCC

Quote:
You have never tasted your own blood?
Not the same. A couple of droplets doesn't really tell you much, plus my own blood doesn't hold that novelty. It's about consuming other life rather than your own. To taste my own would be to demean the stimulus of the entire process.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:50 AM   #38
Valerius

If you do decide to seal yourself in a coffin make sure to give me a call. I'd like to hammer those nails myself. Hahaha!!!

-Oscar Van den Boogaard, Dutch pacifist
Valerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 02:54 AM   #39
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Not the same. A couple of droplets doesn't really tell you much, plus my own blood doesn't hold that novelty. It's about consuming other life rather than your own. To taste my own would be to demean the stimulus of the entire process.
I've spent a portion of a night with a friend slurping cow's blood from butcher trays, it actually tasted kind of nice, course we called it beef juice, so it seemed more fun.

You could always try for the novelty; pig blood candy.
Sir Canvas Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 03:02 AM   #40
dark_dragon_of_ice

I cover my chips in the blood that comes out of my cooked steak.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:23 AM   #41
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Cow's blood at least is extremely tasty and I would frequently consume it from the steak package if only mother would allow it, apparently she thinks it's slightly disgusting.
Sir Canvas Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:02 AM   #42
TopHaggardDoll

If you're gunna do the blood thing (with people), you have to do it with a trusted partner and both get tested for STDs first. Buy disposable scalpels and don't use them more than once, get some wound cleaning whatever.

I'm extremely anal about it...better to be safe though...you get me?
Old 01-30-2008, 04:11 AM   #43
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopHaggardDoll
If you're gunna do the blood thing (with people), you have to do it with a trusted partner and both get tested for STDs first. Buy disposable scalpels and don't use them more than once, get some wound cleaning whatever.

I'm extremely anal about it...better to be safe though...you get me?
Pft, the human bloodsucking thing is ridiculous. It's mainly for people who like Anne Rice a little too much.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:28 AM   #44
KontanKarite

...This is hot.

Do it.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:45 AM   #45
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Go in a coffin sure I like small dark places it's just compy and reminds me of when in kindergarten the teacher had this one huge block of cabinets and shelves against one wall and there was one cabinet in partciular that kids could go and hang out in with a pillow and flashlight if needed. But as for sealing the coffin I would pass on that. As for the problems caused by digestion there is one man who designed a coffin designed so that you can survive for several days if you are accidentaly burried alive. Now sensory depervation is somthing that I really should try out, my doctors (different types of doctors) have recommended it especialy for me since my senses are a bit more sensitive than most people's and I'm usualy on edge because of it.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:06 AM   #46
TopHaggardDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Pft, the human bloodsucking thing is ridiculous. It's mainly for people who like Anne Rice a little too much.
I must have broken the mould then, I bloody hate Anne Rice.

I read a few of her books and when you read them you don't know wether you are reading a story about vampires, a vulgar textbook on human anatomy or an extremely bad erotic novel.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:41 AM   #47
dickpickle

Dude! Now it's turning into the sleeping chamber I have always wanted. Be careful and have fun. You don't really need to be sealed in or to do it for 2 days you know.

So do you have access to a coffin?

Your friend with the centipedes. Ew! Sounds like he saw The Mummy too many times, with those horrible scarab beetles. Computer generated. They're the worst kind!

Hopefully we'll be hearing from you.
dickpickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 06:32 AM   #48
Delkaetre

I find this coffin idea intriguing. I wish to see how the whole thing goes and read a full report on preparation, the experience itself, and thoughts afterwards. As long as you do follow the basic safety protocol that everyone has suggested (someone watching outside, easily opened lid, etc) then you should be in no real danger other than the possibility of fainting from heat or dehydration. I'd suggest having friends make some kind of hourly checkup, such as knocking on the lid, to check that you haven't passed out. Because passing out in a coffin would be bad.
Do let us know how it goes, what the effect of being sealed in a burial device for forty eight hours is for your mind and body, etc.
I am completely fascinated by this.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 07:34 AM   #49
Apathy's_Child

Since there are health risks, and practical concerns like taking a dump, maybe a day would be long enough - like you go in in the morning and come out at bedtime? I wouldn't sleep in it if I were you, if you have a nightmare or something and wake up you could freak out before you remember where you are, and bang your head or something.

Is this a sex thing, can I ask, or just general curiosity?

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:32 AM   #50
Breathless Horror

Dickpickle: I don't have access to a true coffin, but I could very easily procure a crate of the same dimensions.

Delkaetre: I'd be happy to write up a report detailing the whole experiance! If I can manage to get a hold of a camera, I want photo evidence as well.

Apathy: I want to be in for at least a full 24 hours, unless of course I freak out. With regards to it being a sex thing or not, I couldn't really tell you. Right now I'm leaning towards morbid curiosity, but you never know.

I'm thinking of doing this during the march break, as thats the only time where my parents won't really mind if I disapear for two days...