Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 06-12-2010, 12:58 AM   #1
Ben Lahnger

When It Comes To Giving Women Orgasms, Size Matters

When It Comes To Giving Women Orgasms, Size Matters

... at least, the size of a man's bank account matters, according to a study mentioned in this 2009 article.

SOURCE

Study: Rich Men Give Women More Orgasms

So maybe gold diggers are looking for a little more than gold?

Times (UK):Scientists have found that the pleasure women get from making love is directly linked to the size of their partner’s bank balance.

...“Women’s orgasm frequency increases with the income of their partner,” said Dr Thomas Pollet, the Newcastle University psychologist behind the research.

He believes the phenomenon is an “evolutionary adaptation” that is hard-wired into women, driving them to select men on the basis of their perceived quality.

...He and Nettle tested that idea using data gathered in one of the world’s biggest lifestyle studies. The Chinese Health and Family Life Survey targeted 5,000 people across China for in-depth interviews about their personal lives, including questions about their sex lives, income and other factors. Among these were 1,534 women with male partners whose data was the basis for the study.

...He said: “Increasing partner income had a highly positive effect on women’s self-reported frequency of orgasm. More desirable mates cause women to experience more orgasms.”

Ben - First, I figured the headline would get Saya's and Solumina's attention.

And second, you have to wonder if how this data was collected impacted the results, and what it really means. For instance, it figures that the higher incomes generally go hand in hand with higher average education levels, so one could think a more educated person might be a more informed lover.

But I thought this would be a fun, quick read, so there you go.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 04:51 AM   #2
Apathy's_Child

If any part of that is true, I'm in fucking trouble.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 07:35 AM   #3
angelfae

I think one reason that this may be true, is that a woman's brain just never shuts up. At night I have trouble going to sleep because I think and worry about things. Bills, work, did I shut the stove off, etc. Same thing during sex. But if there is more money in the bank account, that's one less thing to think about and then I can concentrate and therefore, have more orgasms. Of course, I do wonder how any one can accurately do a study on the issue.
angelfae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:00 AM   #4
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
Ben - First, I figured the headline would get Saya's and Solumina's attention.
Haha, we're getting predictable XD

Quote:
And second, you have to wonder if how this data was collected impacted the results, and what it really means. For instance, it figures that the higher incomes generally go hand in hand with higher average education levels, so one could think a more educated person might be a more informed lover.

But I thought this would be a fun, quick read, so there you go.
The first comment on the page makes a good point, the data is self reported (so fake orgasms count, or can be exaggerated), correlation doesn't not mean causation, and I'm curious about why they picked Chinese couples, and how easily their results reflect on Western countries.

Interesting read, but you gotta take studies with a grain of salt at times, especially when it comes to journalists reporting them trying to get attention. Like recently there was a study that claimed that since women make noise during sex even after they orgasm, they're making noise to manipulate men to their advantage:

http://io9.com/5559447/scientists-tr...ses-during-sex

I guess I'm just going to have to lay still and not make a noise from now on to stop myself from manipulating men. Curse my innate harpy nature!
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:08 AM   #5
triggerhappi26

I really think they should recheck the facts to include kinky couples.

Throw in some silk rope for japanese rope bondage, a flogger, a tray of fruit, and some nice toys then well geez multiple orgasms a bound.
triggerhappi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:08 AM   #6
KissMeDeadly

Welp. Guess I better go buy some lotto tickets.
KissMeDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:23 AM   #7
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
I guess I'm just going to have to lay still and not make a noise from now on to stop myself from manipulating men. Curse my innate harpy nature!
So if I ever again hear a guy say something to the effect, "She's no fun, she just lies there ...", I should tell him to be grateful she's not manipulating him? LMAO!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 02:34 PM   #8
Solumina

Well it makes sense in the fact that woman have a much easier time achieving orgasm when they aren't stressed and financial problems are the leading cause of stress for married couples so while making good money helps being super rich wouldn't really be better than enough to get by comfortably.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote