Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 03-23-2008, 07:35 PM   #276
Catch

Poltergiest was the worst. I don't even know why my parents thought it was okay for an eight year old to watch it.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:16 AM   #277
blackwater1110

Arachnaphobia. I was pretty young, the lights were off in the room except for the TV, and the shadows made it look like the walls were crawling with spiders. I have since seen it again and it just makes me laugh.

I'll second the Ring, but only the first time you watch it. After that it's really not scary anymore; like most scary movies, once you know what's going to happpen, it's kind of pointless.
blackwater1110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:37 AM   #278
Tea and Cake or Death

Gremlins. Seriously! I was, like, six. Freaked me out for ages.
Tea and Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:19 PM   #279
Maldarion_Haliax

I've never really been scarred of movies but I watched Pet Cemetary when i was 6 and that scarred me...I checked under my bed for a kid with a scalpel literally for years.I still get chills.
Maldarion_Haliax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 08:18 AM   #280
Murasaki eyeliner

yeah the infamous pet cemetery(actualy i found the kid with the scalpal bit quite funny)

children of the corn freaked me out when i watched it (in my defence i was 5 at the time )

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before."
-Mae West
Murasaki eyeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:04 PM   #281
DarkenedReveries

Who Framed Roger Rabbit was intensely scary to me, when at the end the villain who was killing all the toons turns into a toon himself. I couldn't watch that film for years, the image just creeped me out.

I also must've seen some commercials for a Chucky movie, as I have always been afraid of little red haired dolls (or any dolls for that matter). I recall having the same nightmare every night of my childhood, of a little crimson-haired doll with a demented face climbing up to my window and stealing me from my room. I even tried to watch the Goosebumps film, Night of the Living Dummy, I believe it's called. I remember turning it on, and the screen was black, but a loud dummy-like cackling came from my television. I turned it off and never went near it again. I'm not sure I could handle such a thing even now, but I did end up watching the Chucky films years later and found them quite laughable for the most part. Though it will not convince me to have a doll of any sort sharing a room with me. *shudder*

Also, does anyone remember a show on Nickelodeon I believe, called Ghost Writer, or Ghost Typer, or something similar? I believe it had this really disturbing small purple monster in it that used to be on the show every now and then. What a creepy show.
DarkenedReveries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:08 AM   #282
Taker Of Souls

only one : night of the living death
Taker Of Souls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 06:42 PM   #283
ZombieG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkenedReveries
Who Framed Roger Rabbit was intensely scary to me, when at the end the villain who was killing all the toons turns into a toon himself. I couldn't watch that film for years, the image just creeped me out.
Judge Doom for me is the archetype of assholes. Who would kill an innocent squeaky shoe?

I had a mother who was involved in the medical field, so a lot of movies that weren't all that scary suddenly became horrifying whenever after an alien bursts through a chest, and I was told the exact physics involved in such a maneuver.

Anyway...

1. Child's Play. I'm still terrified of embolisms because of the teacher getting stabbed with the basketball pump needle.
2. Event Horizon. Anything involving mutilation of the eyeballs mortifies me.
3. Alien. I grew up watching "Sightings" on SciFi. The last thing I wanted to think was that the very creatures I was intrigued with wanted to impregnate me with something that salivated acid.
4. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. I jumped behind my couch every time that Nazi drank from the wrong grail. He chose poorly.
ZombieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 08:49 PM   #284
bloodyrose86

Leprechaun: I was only 8 when it came out but the previews would scare me.

SCREAM: I was 10, & for 8 years I suffered with hallucinations from that damn movie!
bloodyrose86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 02:17 AM   #285
Kristin

When I was a kid: some really cheesy low-budget crap from the early 80's called The Children was the first scary movie I ever saw, and gave me nightmares for years. Hmm, what else? I don't watch very many. Amityville Horror and the end of Cujo (I never saw the beginning).

Another movie that scared the crap out of me when I was 17, The Prophecy. When I was 18, Pumpkinhead.

The scariest ones I've seen as an adult: It, Scream, The Ring, The Grudge. Umm. I know that can't be all. The Chupacabra episode of the X-Files. The original Psycho, but only because my husband sneaked up behind me (outside, as I sat on the couch in front of the living room window) and banged on the glass just at the part where the "mother" darts into the hall to stab the P.I. - otherwise that one didn't scare me.

I need to watch more scary movies. LOL
Kristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:10 PM   #286
Despanan

I was never afraid of the Dark until I saw the ONE scary scene in Ghostbusters (the one with the ghost in the library). That fucking traumatized five-year-old me.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:45 PM   #287
YuriBR

Evil Dead was a movie that scared the sh*t out of me. I kept looking at the timer at the old VHS and calculated for how long I would have to live with that fear until everything would be over. It was the movie that made me want to make movies myself.
I wasn't too scared of The Exorcist, though I remember watching it on Christmas with the lights on. Stephen King's It was also quite scary for me... Oh well, I've been a horro fan, like, FOREVER.
YuriBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 02:16 AM   #288
DeathToLems

Candy man.....
DeathToLems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 04:47 AM   #289
KontanKarite

The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Leatherface is the icon of my nightmares. Though these days, I've gotten used to him in my dreams.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote