Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 06-15-2009, 10:19 AM   #26
Solumina

What ban on flavored cigs? I haven't heard anything about one, is it federal or a state ban?
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:42 AM   #27
Slap Your Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
On of the reasons why e-cigs are so popular is because you can get them without any nicotine, they have no associated health problems and they do taste rather delightful.
That's why I bought one. I got the healthy ones that have vitamin A, B, C and E in them and 0 nicotine, tobacco, carcinogens, tar, ect, ect. And there's all
kindsa awesome flavors. :]
Old 06-15-2009, 11:59 AM   #28
gothicusmaximus

Fuck, the contemporary west really is transforming into some kind of Blade Runner-esque Sci-Fi setting in which we walk around talking to invisible people, reading virtual books, writing with mechanical pencils and smoking robo-cigarettes.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:34 PM   #29
emeraldlonewoulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
What ban on flavored cigs? I haven't heard anything about one, is it federal or a state ban?
Federal. It is part of an "anti-smoking for the youth" thing, they call it banning "candy flavored" cigarettes, i.e. cherry, vanilla, etc. apparently somebody out there came across clove flavored candy, heh, because that is in there too. they have things against different types of tobacco advertising and a few other things, like warning signs covering half of the packages, and no light or mild designations

AP link

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:52 AM   #30
Onyx

ack

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldlonewoulf View Post
Federal. It is part of an "anti-smoking for the youth" thing, they call it banning "candy flavored" cigarettes, i.e. cherry, vanilla, etc. apparently somebody out there came across clove flavored candy, heh, because that is in there too. they have things against different types of tobacco advertising and a few other things, like warning signs covering half of the packages, and no light or mild designations

AP link
Yet menthol doesn't make the list. How many kids have even heard of, let alone would be into, cloves vs methol smokes. To bad it takes money, rather than brains, to get into politics.
Onyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:23 PM   #31
Solumina

damn that looks pretty open ended, it looks like the legislation will allow lawmakers to regulate flavorings but the legislation is not not out and out ban on them, I wonder if they will try and apply this to other tobacco products or if it is just specific to cigarettes.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 06-17-2009, 10:27 PM   #32
josphill99

I have actually found success with E-Cigarettes

Yeah I was a bit skeptical at first, but i decided to give E-Cigarettes a try. After about two days I realized that I was actually not wanting a real cigarette! Plus what was really cool was that when I when out to the bar, people were coming up to me and I was a public spectacle! So for once I got some attention for not just being the drunkest idiot at the bar. I looked around the internet, and there are a lot of places to buy them. I found one site that had really good prices, and I got the most E-Cigarette for the buck

Place where I got my E-Cigarette Starter Kit
http://www.ecigarettes4less.com
josphill99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 07:23 PM   #33
KuroOokami

I'm really confused. So instead of real cigarettes, people buy, for various reasons, little metal tubes with flavored cartridges and batteries etc that simulate actual smoking? Cool? Can they come completely nicotine and tobacco-free?
[Edit] Sorry, just saw Slap Your Love's post. Awesome.
KuroOokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 03:05 PM   #34
CountVonCount

Smile

I was against them as the only reason I started smoking 2 years ago was the look. NOT to be seen as popular but because it's so glamorous, taking a drag and dropping your eyelids while all your frustrations and devotions flood the world around you in a beautiful twisting silver cloud. And, as mentioned, the actual habit formed of doing something with my hands and/or something to do when stressed/relaxed/in need of a moment's change...

I quit cold turnkey about 3 months and still have cravings (it's the adrenaline the nicotine makes your brain release that you crave) but I can't stand the thought of all the chemicals and risk of cancers. Thanks to this thread though I might just look into these nicotine free, flavored e-cigarettes. At the same time what's the point if there's no smoke all the fun and fabulocity is gone. Give me a flavored smoke that's no detriment to my health and then we'll talk.

isobel black, vaporizing your weed is the safest way for consumption! Joints and pieces are the worst, bongs are much better, but baked goods and vaporizers are the best. I myself quit the same time I quit cigs but I remember the few times I used a vaporizer I got fuucked up fast and fun. I've heard the best vaporizers are from Volcano but they're around $500 a piece...no stank you.
CountVonCount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 11:53 AM   #35
Wyntre Amaranth

Arrow

I do beleive however... (if it it is still around...) That there is a petition against the banning... If it is still around, people should find and sign it, 'cuz I needs my cloves, damnit! Heheh... I am sure many of you would agree.
Wyntre Amaranth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:28 PM   #36
Opteron_Man

looks interesting, fixes the problem of tar and all kinds of buildup in the lungs.
What's the point of "smoking" the non nicotine ones? I don't know.
Lol, yet another thing wirh a blue led, where will it end?
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:35 AM   #37
Onyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron_Man View Post
looks interesting, fixes the problem of tar and all kinds of buildup in the lungs.
What's the point of "smoking" the non nicotine ones? I don't know.
Lol, yet another thing wirh a blue led, where will it end?
You just don't understand. It isn't the blue LED. It's the combined effect of being black AND the blue LED. The blue LED is pointless otherwise. Though, with a little keif and know how I could see another point behind the no nicotine ones.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:53 AM   #38
Solumina

Some of them have red lights, I guess to look more realistic, so if you don't like blue then get a red one.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 06-24-2009, 05:01 PM   #39
KontanKarite

They're wanting to ban flavored cigs? Does this include flavored tobacco and cloves in general or just the cigs?

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:27 AM   #40
Onyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite View Post
They're wanting to ban flavored cigs? Does this include flavored tobacco and cloves in general or just the cigs?
The law is very open ended. However, they do call joints marijuana "cigarettes" in the DEA, ONDCP, FDA (FDA would be overseeing this), so I think anything round and lit to be smoked would be included. Thus, a clove, even if no actual tobacco were involved, would probably make the ban.