Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 09-25-2006, 05:56 AM   #151
Slap Your Love

o.O I think Manson is horrid personally.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:20 PM   #152
Lurcita

i like marilyn manson too i know he isn't really goth but i mean i love mechanical animals good glam rock cd and it was inspired by david bowie!
Lurcita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 06:24 PM   #153
Tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decay|Of|Belief
My two cents: I like Manson *Shrugs;* maybe not how I used to..? Which was when I was at the unhealthy.. "I'm so in love with him! Wait, what, you're not?! GO SHOOT YOURSELF AND DIE, GO DIE NOW, HE IS GODDD!" ..obsession stage, but yeah. His music's pretty alright for something to sing along to on the car ride home, I guess, but I wouldn't classify it as highly as I would have, say, two years ago.. Just because I've broadened my horizon, you know?
Well, someone already said it, so I don't have to. So I'll just leave it at "ditto."
Tumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 07:48 AM   #154
Mephistophelian

Marilyn Manson is smarter than you.
His music is nothing special.
But I have met him once before.
He is actually a pretty decent person.
Mephistophelian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 08:21 AM   #155
DarkHeartedDemoness

I met him, too. I found him to be overly pretentious, and I believe he poses behind viewpoints for dramatic effect rather than because he actually believes in them.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:56 AM   #156
She_Is_My_Sin

My sister met him when he was in my town for the music festival. She didn't get a good impression from him. Meh...
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 12:16 PM   #157
Mephistophelian

Haha.
Yeah but I am always trying to see the good in everybody.
So when I met him he wasn't half as bad as I expected.
Mephistophelian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 03:41 PM   #158
Puppet Master

I enjoy his music, though I dont listen to it much anymore. I still enjoy a manson song or two. His shock rock style, and his videos interest me as a wannabe director. As I one day hope to go into movies, and looking at his videos, there is a whole load of interesting uses of imagery and symbolism. Especially the nobodies video, which I found very interesting and imaginative.

So his lyrics are not the most intellegent thing in the world, but as an artist I still have a lot of respect for him.
Puppet Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 06:58 PM   #159
Draconysius

I don't enjoy most of his music, but I have the same interest in him people got from Alice Cooper or G.G. Allin. He's a freakin' weirdo, but then again, it's good to be one.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 07:21 PM   #160
BlackButterfly

Marilyn Manson...

...hmmm... I guess I don't pay attention to him much at all lately. Originally, I thought he was a really weird-looking (although still somehow pretty) girl... then I found out he was a man, although that kind of threw me off a little because the immediate next time I saw one of his actual music videos he had boobs...

I think his attempt to shock and disgust people is funny, and that he speaks intelligently (the few times I've heard him speak), but I can't say I really care for his music. I think there may be one song I liked in the past, but I never knew the name of it, and I haven't heard it since...
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
BlackButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 08:48 PM   #161
insertwittyname

Um. The only song I like that he also remade was Personal Jesus. But he makes the song a doze. I can fall asleep to it in seconds.
Old 11-18-2006, 08:51 PM   #162
Tumor

"Down in the Park" was pretty good, methinks.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:03 PM   #163
Draconysius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumor
"Down in the Park" was pretty good, methinks.
Is it me, or is that a cover of a Rozz Williams song? Hmm...
If so, I'm at least glad he's remembered.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 09:04 PM   #164
käthryn

His version of Tainted Love merits some love from me.

I read his autobiography which follows his story through about 1999. The guy has seriously cut his body up, so no matter how good his face may look, underneath the clothes isn't pretty. I'd pass personally.

In the years since Columbine, his image was propelled by the media as the evil example that all kids in black trenchcoats strived to emulate. Kill, kill, kill. Interestingly, this cultural blaming attention did wonders to promote him into more mainstream America. In the ensuing interviews that the media did with him hoping to provide the American scapegoat, he spoke very eloquently, very lucidly, and very rationally with much maturity and without any of the f-you attitude the media had tried to pin him with.

So now it is the video game's fault the kids shot up the school. Whatever.

But I digress... I think I would be easily engaged in conversation with the guy, and his music is hit-and-miss for me because I don't care for yelling and screaming in everyday music selections.
käthryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 09:12 PM   #165
Tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconysius
Is it me, or is that a cover of a Rozz Williams song? Hmm...
If so, I'm at least glad he's remembered.
Gary Numan, actually.