Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:11 AM   #1
morganhawke

Long time, no see!

I can't believe how long it's been since I visited this place. I should be ashamed of myself, but sadly shame is not one of those emotions I feel. So, since it's been ... a really long time, I should probably reintroduce myself.

Hi, my name is Morgan.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
-- I'm an author. Seriously, I write books for a living. I do photo-manipulation and make visual novels for hobbies.

[i]2. Where are you from?
-- I'm from Connecticut (New England, USA,) but I currently live in North Carolina.

3. Who is your favorite author?
-- CJ Cherryh. She writes brilliant sci-fi. She writes high fantasy too, but I prefer her sci-fi. The research she puts into her world-building is mind-blowing.

4. What are your favorite films?
-- 'From Hell', 'Matrix', 'Ravenous', 'Sweeny Todd', 'Nightmare Before Christmas', 'Pitch Black', 'Serenity', 'Serpent & the Rainbow', 'Angel Heart'.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
-- Been there. Done that. Not going there again. I prefer to live in sin, thank you very much.

6. At your funeral?
-- Wumpscut's 'Wreath of Barbs'

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
-- Deep in the woods during a snowstorm.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
-- Plain pine. Something that burns easily.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
-- I have a very full-skirted, floor-length, beaded gown in pitch black with pearl buttons from throat to hem.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
-- Not having to pay bills. That's the ONLY thing I miss about my childhood. Everything else sucked. Seriously.

11. Your favorite bands?
-- Wumpscut, Disturbed, Linkin Park, Poe

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
-- I graduated high school. (Never going to college didn't stop me from becoming an author. In fact, I think it Helped.)

13. Why did you join?
-- Because I'm Goth.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
-- Female.
morganhawke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:00 PM   #2
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
My my you certainly are one of our older members, while unfortunately little remains of our older population(we still have Capt Sterrn for example) we have had countless people come and go over the years since your last post. I hope you find some other recognizable names as well (its never fun to return someplace merely to find you dont recognize anyone). Obviously I wasnt around back in 2006 but I shall welcome you all the same... welcome.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:02 PM   #3
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Welcome home, honored Elder Goth! It looks like your last post prior to coming back was four months before I joined in August of 2006, so you must have left during The Exodus of The Great Banning. You must share history with our mindshare oh revered one! What stories you must be able to tell!

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:13 PM   #4
morganhawke

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain View Post
Welcome home, honored Elder Goth! It looks like your last post prior to coming back was four months before I joined in August of 2006, so you must have left during The Exodus of The Great Banning. You must share history with our mindshare oh revered one! What stories you must be able to tell!
Thank you so much!
-- Actually, I missed The Exodus of The Great Banning. There was a seriously ugly flame war going on that spanned almost the entire board. From what I understand, The Great Banning was the a purge to get rid of the main trouble makers who were using multiple identities. It didn't help that some of the upper Admins were involved. In fact, the site went through a...change in ownership during that period.

Shortly after I ducked out to avoid the gunfire splatter from the witch-hunt, my writing career took off like a body doused in gasoline. I didn't have much time to spare to come back here.

Anyway, I'm back and happy to offer writing advice if anybody wants it.

(BTW, how the heck do I set my signature? The FAQ says it's on the Edit Profile, but I just don't see it. Do I need new glasses, again?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
My my you certainly are one of our older members, while unfortunately little remains of our older population(we still have Capt Sterrn for example) we have had countless people come and go over the years since your last post. I hope you find some other recognizable names as well (its never fun to return someplace merely to find you dont recognize anyone). Obviously I wasnt around back in 2006 but I shall welcome you all the same... welcome.
Thank you so much!
-- Even if I don't find old friends, I'm sure I'll make new ones.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:11 AM   #5
Jaye Jang

Welcome back.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:51 AM   #6
morganhawke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaye Jang View Post
Welcome back.
Thank you! I'm having a blast looking through all the conversations.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:10 AM   #7
in.the.moon

Welcome. Why was the umh, 'exodus of the great banning' a big deal? I've never heard of this
in.the.moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 07:20 AM   #8
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by in.the.moon View Post
Welcome. Why was the umh, 'exodus of the great banning' a big deal? I've never heard of this
Here it is, read the first post:

https://www.gothic.net/boards/showth...?t=6670&page=4

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:18 PM   #9
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by morganhawke View Post
11. Your favorite bands?
-- Wumpscut, Disturbed, Linkin Park, Poe
Terrible. Except Wumpscut. They're merely ok.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:29 PM   #10
PortraitOfSanity

Also, you write "Dark Erotica". So what, you read through Twilight, said "hey, I have a grain of rice worth of talent, so if I put more sex in this, people will buy this shit!" I mean, that's like.... I dunno, Mel Gibson calling himself a cinematographer...

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:32 PM   #11
Underwater Ophelia

Let's see what you've written before you'll offer "writing advice," eh?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:19 PM   #12
KontanKarite

...I'm just gonna have to make fun of you, aren't I. :-/

Damn shame... damn shame indeed.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:53 PM   #13
morganhawke

Quote:
Originally Posted by in.the.moon View Post
It was considered a big deal because a very large number of members were banned all at once, including some of the admins.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:08 PM   #14
morganhawke

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity View Post
Terrible. Except Wumpscut. They're merely ok.
LOL! I can't help what I like.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:17 PM   #15
morganhawke

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity View Post
Also, you write "Dark Erotica". So what, you read through Twilight, said "hey, I have a grain of rice worth of talent, so if I put more sex in this, people will buy this shit!" I mean, that's like.... I dunno, Mel Gibson calling himself a cinematographer...
LOL! I DISPISE Twilight. Sparkly vampires? Gimme a fucking break! That's not a Vampire, that's a Fairy. Not only that but she Stole that idea from "The Silver Kiss", a far better vampire novel, and stole her plot practically whole from "The Vampire Diaries." By the way, both of those are also Young Adult novels.

I published my first novel in 2002, years before Twilight came out. I have quite a few novels out these days. I'll never be rich, but it does pay the rent.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:18 PM   #16
morganhawke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
Let's see what you've written before you'll offer "writing advice," eh?
You can check out my excerpts on my website, or I could post a story here? Mine are kind of long though.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:18 PM   #17
morganhawke

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite View Post
...I'm just gonna have to make fun of you, aren't I. :-/
Damn shame... damn shame indeed.
Make fun of me?
-- Do I get to reply in kind?
Old 01-15-2011, 12:54 PM   #18
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
LOL! I DISPISE Twilight.
I'm sorry, you're a writer who can't spell "despise?"

There's a serious disconnect here.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:39 PM   #19
KontanKarite

You can have this one, Ophie.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:08 PM   #20
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite View Post
You can have this one, Ophie.
"And you can have this one," she slurred, pointing to her own known-to-be-stuffed mens' briefs.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:36 PM   #21
morganhawke

Quote:
I'm sorry, you're a writer who can't spell "despise?" There's a serious disconnect here.
Typo, obviously.
-- Darlin', perfect spelling and grammar doesn't mean you can write a story. Just as lousy spelling doesn't mean you can't. It just means your editor has to do a bit of overtime.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:35 AM   #22
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Typo, obviously.
Right, because those keys are so close together, and not because that's a common mistake people with no command of the language make.
Quote:
-- Darlin', perfect spelling and grammar doesn't mean you can write a story. Just as lousy spelling doesn't mean you can't. It just means your editor has to do a bit of overtime.
Yeah, this is evidenced by illiterate cowboys who told great tall tales that have withstood the test of time.

What about your stories?
Before you say things like, "yah, I actually write books for a living" and offer writing advice, let's see your stories.

Stories or GTFO.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:23 AM   #23
morganhawke

Quote:
Right, because those keys are so close together, and not because that's a common mistake people with no command of the language make.
Wow, aren't you a bitch? Oh wait, the term is TROLL. I'm absolutely sure that you have never made a spelling mistake on any of your posts, which is why you have the right to point out mine. Shall I go through all your old posts and count them? I can you know. GNet doesn't erase posts. Ever. I might even enjoy it. You not being an author is no excuse. If you're going to correct me, you'd better damned well have proof that you're better than I am first.

(Tick-tock, tick-tock...) Oops... Just as a warning; you're Not better than I am, by a long-shot. Your own posts are proof of that. Shall I post a few of the juicer examples?

Quote:
Yeah, this is evidenced by illiterate cowboys who told great tall tales that have withstood the test of time.
And the fact that back then publishing houses published whatever they could find because only one out of fifteen people could write their own names has to do with the ability to write a story...in what way? By the way, Samuel Clemens, Mark Twain -- who damned well could tell a story -- didn't even bother with punctuation. His editor did all of it.

Quote:
What about your stories?
What about them? Why should I do a damned thing for a troll that decided to slam me for no apparent reason what so ever? Are you even Old Enough to read my stuff? You have to be at least 18 to read adult material, you know, and from what you've been spewing onto my post, I really don't think you are. The last time I saw crap like this, it was from a 16 year old that had a steel wedge up her panties for anyone that could do something she couldn't.

What about your stories? Oh wait, you don't have any stories posted. The only thing you know how to write are insults, and you're not even particularly good at that. I bet you have a great deal of trouble keeping friends -- and jobs.

Quote:
Before you say things like, "yah, I actually write books for a living" and offer writing advice, let's see your stories.
I told you where to find them. What's the matter? Can't visit my site because you're not 18 yet? Oh, I feel so bad for you.

Quote:
Stories or GTFO.
Make Me.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:40 AM   #24
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Wow, aren't you a bitch? Oh wait, the term is TROLL. I'm absolutely sure that you have never made a spelling mistake on any of your posts, which is why you have the right to point out mine. Shall I go through all your old posts and count them? I can you know. GNet doesn't erase posts. Ever. I might even enjoy it. You not being an author is no excuse. If you're going to correct me, you'd better damned well have proof that you're better than I am first.

(Tick-tock, tick-tock...) Oops... Just as a warning; you're Not better than I am, by a long-shot. Your own posts are proof of that. Shall I post a few of the juicer examples?

And the fact that back then publishing houses published whatever they could find because only one out of fifteen people could write their own names has to do with the ability to write a story...in what way? By the way, Samuel Clemens, Mark Twain -- who damned well could tell a story -- didn't even bother with punctuation. His editor did all of it.

What about them? Why should I do a damned thing for a troll that decided to slam me for no apparent reason what so ever? Are you even Old Enough to read my stuff? You have to be at least 18 to read adult material, you know, and from what you've been spewing onto my post, I really don't think you are. The last time I saw crap like this, it was from a 16 year old that had a steel wedge up her panties for anyone that could do something she couldn't.

What about your stories? Oh wait, you don't have any stories posted. The only thing you know how to write are insults, and you're not even particularly good at that. I bet you have a great deal of trouble keeping friends -- and jobs.

I told you where to find them. What's the matter? Can't visit my site because you're not 18 yet? Oh, I feel so bad for you.

Make Me.
Oh, I guess that's why I never read your books.
I'm only 15, lol.

My badsies!

I think I was only jealous because I really want to write dark erotica, but it never turns out any good at all.

Humph!
Old 01-17-2011, 11:10 AM   #25
Solumina

Well that went down hill rather quickly
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote