Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 04-05-2009, 02:48 PM   #51
Mir

Or, maybe, that's just the vibe he got off of you? Or, maybe, you were too chubby for his taste, and he was being an asshole to blow you off. No offense intended.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 02:50 PM   #52
Saya

Or maybe it was a vibe of desperation.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 03:20 PM   #53
Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
Yeah, I only date gothic vegan zen buddhists who are between the ages of 22 and 25, who are at least six feet tall, can cook, love falafel, can quote Monty Python when prompted, and have dreamy blue eyes I can get lost in. Of course if they are allergic to peanuts then it can`t become serious.

Yes that does limit my selection and therefore I havent had sex in a long time, but I see no reason to compromise my standards.
Hahahahaha!

While reading that I realised that if you replace "Vegan" with "Rabbit food fan", Zen Buddhists with "Open-minded religious individual" and "22 and 25" with "21-25" I would fit that entire criteria.

As for dating chicks who just look goth, I'll use this farmer's analogy on fashion.

Quote:
Too much top-dressing on bad soil

Hey, there's this kinda hot chick bearing scars on her arms, a black dress and long black hair along with multiple facial piercings looking at me from about 12 feet away.

Think I should make a move? I'm feeling some "vibes" of desperation.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 03:45 PM   #54
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
Hahahahaha!

While reading that I realised that if you replace "Vegan" with "Rabbit food fan", Zen Buddhists with "Open-minded religious individual" and "22 and 25" with "21-25" I would fit that entire criteria.
If she replaced Zen Buddhist with "Lovely chap" and "22 to 25" with "boy toy", I'd fulfill that entire critera. One less obstruction, I win.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 03:56 PM   #55
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
Hahahahaha!

I have to giggle when someone refers mine or someone else's diet as rabbit food, because I always think "I eat like a rabbit so I can hump like one" XD
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 04:12 PM   #56
Beneath the Shadows

I date whomever I want to. At least, I would if I were not married.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 04:23 PM   #57
Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
I have to giggle when someone refers mine or someone else's diet as rabbit food, because I always think "I eat like a rabbit so I can hump like one" XD
Hahaha, I've never really thought of it like that but vegetation does give you a bit more vim and vigor. =]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
If she replaced Zen Buddhist with "Lovely chap" and "22 to 25" with "boy toy", I'd fulfill that entire critera. One less obstruction, I win.
Bah, you may have won the battle, but you'll loose the war.

Isn't "Boy Toy" slightly degrading though? I don't see you putting up with that sort of derogatory term for long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Chicken
Buk Buk BUKKA!
WHY THE FUCK IS THERE A COCK IN MY KITCHEN?!?!?

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:27 PM   #58
Pineapple_Juice

I can't help looking at "bukka" without thinking of bukakke/bukkake?
Old 04-05-2009, 04:40 PM   #59
Invisigoth69

Dating a "non" goth.....

Well...... Considering the fact that my 12 year marriage to some Georgia red neck did NOT work out..... I'd say that um... (well, I don't "date" but I'll make my point) choosing a life-mate that cannot relate to the "darker" side of things is just not a good idea. PERIOD.
Invisigoth69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:44 PM   #60
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Or maybe it was a vibe of desperation.
I recently found out that you don't ask people out on Saturday, but I was chatting with someone else for a long time. They convinced me that maybe I should try to get out more often. It was a spur of the momment thing. Previously, I'd been blowing off the guy who was trying to buy me a drink.

Oh well, I'm a bitch.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:17 PM   #61
Mealla

Well, generally one wants to date people with something in common. Too much or too little in common can lead to issues. I've been in a relationship two people who considered themselves goth (one definitely wasn't), and three who haven't. So far, my best relationships have been with the two metal-heads. Meeting and dating someone within a subculture or associated with a hobby you enjoy can help facilitate a relationship since you're more likely to have things in common, but it shouldn't be a prerequisite for dating really. I'm generally more interested in people involved in one of several subcultures I partake of, but I won't rule someone out on the basis of not being involved.

As far as acceptance, I haven't noticed one way or another. I will also second the fact that a large quantity of people associated with any given subculture tend to have some mental issues, some people more than others. Be prepared to deal with it if you date other "freaks."
Mealla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:05 AM   #62
bleedingheart344

You just need to keep yourself open, you never know who you're going to find. Love should be love regardless of what the person is like.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:23 PM   #63
Delkaetre

Since I've broken silence here to post that thread in Spooky News, I may as well return to standard communications.

Things that are useful in a partner- Similar politics (I have an aversion to Neo-Nazis, religious conservatives, nationalist/isolationists, and people who like Jacqui Smith), similar music taste. Preferably no more than ten years older than me and good in bed.
Otherwise? It's all good. My Gentleman is a few years older than me, not a goth (though capable of tolerating goth clubs, and a fan of metal), and a bit more politically conservative than me. My Ladyfriend is a few years older than me, curvaceous, not a goth (but kinky and can tolerate goth clubs, likes Depeche Mode), and an excellent cook. Both are energetic and talented in bed, often at the same time.

The moral of the story- a few points of compatibility are useful, but you don't need to find someone of your subculture to find someone you'll like and enjoy. Goths only would limit you pretty severely, and cuts out all the other parts of your personality and interests- what about the politically active? What about the kinky? What about ravers? Philosophers? Archaeologists? Chefs? There's more to you than your subculture, and limiting your dating to only people who wear black clothing and black eyeliner and listen to the Cure is kind of... dull.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:26 PM   #64
Catch

I'm going to flip sides again and say that when looking for someone who really understands you, it is important to stay close to home. Other people devalue the lifestyle and therefore, you as a person.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:23 PM   #65
badteccy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalcrimson View Post

For example I consider myself to be visceral .
Stop making up words to make yourself feel unique.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 05:22 AM   #66
Underwater Ophelia

Wait, what?
That's a real word...
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 06:52 AM   #67
Ebbhead

I used to date a mall goth. Not fun.
Ebbhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:04 AM   #68
viscus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch View Post
I'm going to flip sides again and say that when looking for someone who really understands you, it is important to stay close to home. Other people devalue the lifestyle and therefore, you as a person.
Would you quit trying to give advice? The only reason why anyone would date you is because they're desperate to fuck anything with a wet spot.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:47 AM   #69
badteccy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
Wait, what?
That's a real word...
It was a joke, the word I mean....not the "trying to make yourself seem unique" part.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:20 PM   #70
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscus View Post
Would you quit trying to give advice? The only reason why anyone would date you is because they're desperate to fuck anything with a wet spot.
What? I am arguing both sides.

Actually, I appear to attract the older slightly over weight crowd and young lesbians. I've just stopped dating.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:26 PM   #71
badteccy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbhead View Post
I used to date yr mom, it was fun.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:43 PM   #72
Denchera

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbhead View Post
At least you have any. Me and my girlfriend are probably the only goths around where I live. It's really annoying too, because anywhere you go is dominated by trendies.
Denchera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:02 PM   #73
viscus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch View Post
What? I am arguing both sides.

Actually, I appear to attract the older slightly over weight crowd and young lesbians. I've just stopped dating.
Arguing? With who? Like usual, you're not making any goddamn sense.

Fucking go away already.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:10 PM   #74
Corpsey

Ugh, who gives a flying fuck if there are any other people who enjoy the same music as you.

If all you can relate to other people with is some antique 80's music then you really must have some qualities which make you intensly socially inept.

It's not that hard to get along with people from a different demographic.

Old 04-11-2009, 08:41 PM   #75
RozzVanian

I suppose if I did have a girlfriend, I would hope she was into a few things I like. I'm the kind of person who needs to have something in common with a person to really get along. I mean, I can't be friends with someone who's completely different.

Maybe that's wrong, but it's just the way I work. I cannot relate to someone who's completely opposite myself.

In short: I'd like to find me a goth chick.
RozzVanian is offline   Reply With Quote