Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 10-17-2008, 02:12 PM   #1
Cen0bite

Hershey's Chocolate

What a load of shit!
It's no longer "milk chocolate".
They changed the reese's nutrageous bar to "chocolate candy"
It doesn't even fucking taste like chocolate.

Pinhead: What you think of as pain is a shadow. Pain has a face. Allow me to show it to you. Gentlemen, I... Am... Pain
-Hellraiser:Bloodline
Cen0bite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 02:24 PM   #2
Saya

They switched from cocoa butter to vegetable oil in some of their candy, so they can't say its milk chocolate coated anymore. Their chocolate bars remain milk chocolate, however.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 02:26 PM   #3
jack_the_knife

We don't even get Hershey's here, Cote D'or , Leonidas and Guilian Chocolates are the norm.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 02:27 PM   #4
Cen0bite

yeah. i just read a few articles on it. Ugh.
Nutrageous used to be one of my favorite candy bars.
Not anymore.

Pinhead: What you think of as pain is a shadow. Pain has a face. Allow me to show it to you. Gentlemen, I... Am... Pain
-Hellraiser:Bloodline
Cen0bite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 02:31 PM   #5
Jaye Jang

Now I'm bummed. I used to love Hershey's chocolates. Guess I'll just have to stick with Dove bars and York mints. (Hope they don't change the Hershey's kisses).
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 02:33 PM   #6
Saya

Kisses are changed, Jaye. far as I can tell its only the chocolate bars that were untouched

EDIT: Sorry, my bad. Kisses are fine, Kissables are changed.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 02:59 PM   #7
Jaye Jang

Oh, now I'm totally bummed. But, since I live in Idaho, hmmmm. I guess this just means I have to break loose and go down to the Idaho Candy Factory and get spud bites and........spud bars, and Owyhee Butter Toffee, and then there are those yummy Huckleberry drops. Okay. I'm good. I think I'll live.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:36 PM   #8
noveleigh

That's really depressing. I haven't had a nutrageous bar in a while, so I suppose I wont eat them anymore at all now. I hate it when places change their recipes that were perfectly fine to begin with. Are they doing it for health concerns or to make the production of the candies cheaper?
noveleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:38 PM   #9
xParadigmx

has anyone tried this chocolate (i forgot the name), its an organic chocolate with lavender and blueberries? i ate the WHOLE bar on the ride from the store to my side of town. i Never do that.
xParadigmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:48 PM   #10
honeythorn

I tried some Hershey's once . It was fucking HORRID. Like that cheap nasty christamas chocolate you get in little bags to decorate the tree with *GAG*
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:22 PM   #11
Mezon

I like Ferero Rocher chocolates. Everyonce in a while I eat a hersheys bar for the sole reason that it's a whole bar(rather than bite size).
Mezon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:37 PM   #12
noveleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by xParadigmx
has anyone tried this chocolate (i forgot the name), its an organic chocolate with lavender and blueberries? i ate the WHOLE bar on the ride from the store to my side of town. i Never do that.
Nope, but choclate and blueberries sounds like pure heaven! I once found a bag of chocolate covered cranberries. I absolutely LOVE cranberries, so that mixture was absolutely delicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezon
I like Ferero Rocher chocolates. Everyonce in a while I eat a hersheys bar for the sole reason that it's a whole bar(rather than bite size).
Ferero Rocher is really good. It's just so expensive. I really like Toblerone's as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn
I tried some Hershey's once . It was fucking HORRID. Like that cheap nasty christamas chocolate you get in little bags to decorate the tree with *GAG*
I know other people that try Hershey's for the first time and they didn't like it either. I'm thinking it's probably something you have to grow up eating to enjoy it. Kind of like Krystal Burgers.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:27 PM   #13
Jaye Jang

[quote=noveleigh]Nope, but choclate and blueberries sounds like pure heaven! I once found a bag of chocolate covered cranberries. I absolutely LOVE cranberries, so that mixture was absolutely delicious.

You'd love the chocolate covered huckleberries they have here, then. (Huckleberries are kind of a blueberry/blackberry combo).
Old 10-17-2008, 06:35 PM   #14
Cicero

Quote:
Same here, and it was after all my American friends had assured me it was awesome. Highly disappointing.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:38 PM   #15
TheBloodEternity

Quote:
I tried some Hershey's once . It was fucking HORRID. Like that cheap nasty Christmas chocolate you get in little bags to decorate the tree with *GAG*
Seconded.tenfuckingletters

"Lucifer was an idiot, it wound up lord and master of nothing at all."
TheBloodEternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:54 PM   #16
Nexus-6

Hershey's does nothing for me. I prefer Cadbury & Lindt chocolate.
Nexus-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:04 PM   #17
paperplague

Does Hershey's have nuts in it?

When I was in the US it seemed every chocolate bar had nuts in it.
paperplague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:17 PM   #18
noveleigh

I never really thought about that before, heh. It depends on the Hershey brand you get. You can get the bars and the little kisses with or without nuts.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:02 PM   #19
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
The idiots, who the heck buys Hershey bars for the nutritional value? It was fine as it was.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 11:47 PM   #20
Beneath the Shadows

I don't even remember the last time I ate American chocolate. We get all our chocolate from Germany.

Oh, wait, never mind, I bought a caramel Twix about a week ago.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 02:43 AM   #21
StrangeLove

Not a fan of Hershey's candies. For me, it's dark chocolate or nothing.

Junior Mints are tasty.
StrangeLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:45 AM   #22
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_the_knife
We don't even get Hershey's here, Cote D'or , Leonidas and Guilian Chocolates are the norm.
Cote D'or mmmm. I can't say I've been to Luxembourg, but I brought back so much chocolate from Belgium. You can get some stuff here, but it costs a lot.

The chocolate in America generally sucks, and so do most of the biscuits. Hershey's always gave me a nasty aftertaste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperplague
Does Hershey's have nuts in it?
When I was in the US it seemed every chocolate bar had nuts in it.
Nah. They might do a version of with nuts in, but I know I've had Hershey's without.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 02:47 AM   #23
jack_the_knife

Quote:
Well you get Cadbury's, lucky person

The only Hershey's I enjoyed were those ones with the peanut butter in them...
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 02:54 AM   #24
DementiaNocturne

Not that it's particularly on topic, but I despise any combination of chocolate and cherries. @~@

And I will eat either alone, but the combined taste is nearly enough to make me shudder...

"Mmm-hmm. Hm. Yeah? Mm-hmm. WELL FUCK YOU, MR BEAR!!! YOU SPEAK LIES!!! LIIIIES!!! Stuffed with pure venom, you vile, lint-infested bastard!! How many more, like you, are there!! How many more?!!! You can't even imagine the things I've endured!! And always at the hands of shit like you!!! YOU DON'T KNOW THE TRUTH!!! *stabs Shmee repeatedly*" ~ Kudos to whoever knows. :3
DementiaNocturne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 07:08 AM   #25
paperplague

I never ate a Hershey's bar but when I was in America I noticed they were absolutely everywhere, even in pretty secluded areas. Is it, like, the candy of choice or something?
paperplague is offline   Reply With Quote