Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: ...
.. 0 0%
... 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 01:47 PM   #2751
Virulent Dryad

Ah I see, well whatever keeps you happy then. Sorry you had a bad day though, those can be a real pain.
"Like that old tale, the girl who wanted to become the best dancer in the world. "Yes," said the sorceress, "but each time you set your foot on earth will be like knives slashing." "If you can stand the pain, you will be granted your desire."
Old 05-01-2006, 07:10 PM   #2752
mutsumiasakura

Location: In the darkest corner of the smallest, most boring town in the universe.
Ah, I found the whining, ranting section. Being a new little gothlet member, I figure I may as well have a nice bitch fit and get it over with so that I can move on with life and resume working on becoming mature. Silly me.

The main issue I wish to rant upon is the general narrow-mindedness of the town I am growing up in. I hope there's a nice, cozy corner of hell waiting. Thank Nuggin for small towns.

I have about three friends because I live in a fundamentalist miniature-town where the majority of the people, teenagers and adults, look down on me because I am not overly religious and I wear a lot of black. It's not a very accepting eviornment. Stereotypes, well, I won't get started about those. I must be some sort of scary gothic person, doing drugs, cutting myself, slaughtering kittens in back alleyways . . .
I am just a "normal" person like everyone else. (BTW, I adore kittens).
A majority of the adults I run across think badly of my parents because they let me "run wild", as if my black clothes and *gasp* dyed hair are a sure sign that they aren't properly disciplining me. God no, my parents don't neglect me. I'm loved, I'm grounded when I don't get good grades, and I am NOT a bad person!
Yet because of the way I dress (which isn't really that bad, I'm too broke to affort anything outrageous) and my uber-unfashionably pale skin, all these unbelievably inconsiderate people hate me. I really don't want to be friends or acquaintances (sp?) with them, but a small spineless part of me wishes that there was less of a social stigma on the lone goth of nowheresville. It would be nice to be able to walk into the grocery store without being watched to see if I'm going to lift something. I don't want to be another of the blonde, tan, clone teenagers around here; I like the way I am. I don't want to change that just because it scares some people.
I suppose I shouldn't let it get to me, but sometimes I really do feel a bit alone.
I hate whining, but that's over now. *grimace*
Now I can get back to trying to become some sort of reasonable adult. Hope it turns out well.

"Poetry is the deification of reality." -Edith Sitwell

"Whoso eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood hath eternal life . . . "
Old 05-01-2006, 07:35 PM   #2753
Circle V

One of the biggest problems, I've found, is that the "counterculturists" (heh, I made up a word) are often worse than the rest of... er, *them*. I don't like many of the "norms" (god, how I hate that term) but I simply can't stand the Mallgoths and punks.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:09 PM   #2754
bjork_freak

Mutsumiasakura, I'm sorry the people in your town are so foolish and judgmental. It's sad because most of them won't change their attitude, but that shouldn't stop you from being a good person. Just be proud you have such loving parents, and look forward to the future.

Oh and, you spelled it right.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:34 AM   #2755
Morrigan_Dubh

I've just realised that for more than a year nearly everything I've been doing has been aimed at impressing my boyfriend.
When I say I've just realised this, I mean I knew it all along, and I knew it wasn't really a good thing, but he seemed to be my only validation.
But it has just become clear to me how self-destructive and self-defeating this has been.
Luckily the guy is honest and never took advantage of my vulnerability.

Now I hope I can start to get better.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:38 AM   #2756
Blushing Heliophobe

Sometimes the hardest thing to do is look at yourself and realize things of that nature. I applaud your honesty - it's hard to admit that kind of thing. I wish the best for you, Morrigan...
Old 05-02-2006, 06:26 AM   #2757
Morrigan_Dubh

Thanks, BH. *hugs* Sending good vibes across the Irish Sea
Old 05-02-2006, 08:20 AM   #2758
Morrigan_Dubh

I'm hi-jacking this thread for myself today...
I work for a small subsidiary of a monster corporation.
We just had a meeting in work were some people we've never met before told us that most of the permanent staff will be made redundant. I am not permanent, but this still sucks major elephant cock.
This is the 3rd time I've worked for this company and this is the 3rd time they have cut staff in a dramatic way. I've heard from one of the team leads that it looks like the powers that be are going to wind down the whole operation over the next few months.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:21 PM   #2759
Queenofdarkness57

I can't stand my parents fighting anymore!
Please all you moms and dads on this forum...Please don't fight anywhere near your kids!
Old 05-02-2006, 01:42 PM   #2760
spookypurple

I'd second that.

Hamlet
Old 05-02-2006, 01:46 PM   #2761
Mistress-Liriel

Ditto. I've had to scold my husband a few times for freaking out in front of Karl. Karl gets very upset, as well he should. Poor you. I know it's not easy to deal with.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:58 PM   #2762
Cambodian Breakfast

I will never get into it with my wife in front of are kid. My dad smacked my mom around a lot. That kind of fucked with me. I don't even try to fight with b.h. I know that she is right most of the time. And if she is not, I go with it. I can give a little here and there to make her happy.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:30 PM   #2763
horrorgirl

There is one type of person that I cannot stand above all others....and that is the lying hpocrite.

Does everybody remember the story of that chick who got beat up in New Orleans during Convergence? Well....some people at ljdrama have done some investigating and it turns out that the young wench is a racist brat. Somebody on her friends list screen captured her friends only posts. She constantly uses the word '******' and says 'go home spics'. Wow...what a lovely person. I really feel bad for anybody who actually gave her gifts or money in support because at this point it really doesn't seem like she deserves it.

Read the post about it here: http://www.ljdrama.org/

I'm just pissed off because her behaviour(spouting racist crap,talking to the guy who hit her,etc...) is going to make some people not take the abuse of women seriously. She has got to be one of the ugliest people on the INSIDE that I have ever witnessed.

I'm gothtastically delicious!
Old 05-02-2006, 03:46 PM   #2764
ViciousMistressBee

i'm so tired of being sick all the time, why dont they know what the hell is wrong with me?
Old 05-02-2006, 11:19 PM   #2765
Blushing Heliophobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel29
CB... you are such a fucking sweetheart... you're giving me a cavity dammit!
He's telling the truth...what can I say - I got lucky
Old 05-03-2006, 04:28 AM   #2766
Morrigan_Dubh

I don't know what to do with my life. I don't want to just go with the flow anymore!
Old 05-03-2006, 04:58 AM   #2767
Mistress-Liriel

All I want to do is write. I am sick of people placing me in a marketing niche because of my background. I hate marketing: promoting inferior products and services with lies and nonsensical banter, having to be sociable with people that are less intelligent than things I've found on my kid's shoe, and having the creative reins taken from me to follow a 'safe' path. I am also insulted by these headhunters that call me with administrative positions. I was an administrative assistant before and during college. I did not fight to put myself through college so I could take dictation and make someone else's travel itinerary.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:41 PM   #2768
Draconysius

I'm sick of n00bs like jokerman coming to the boards and smearing shit all over its every recess.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:41 PM   #2769
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousMistressBee
i'm so tired of being sick all the time, why dont they know what the hell is wrong with me?
I'm sorry Mortalis. I wish I could be there with ice cream.

*HUGZ*
Old 05-04-2006, 10:10 AM   #2770
horrorgirl

Arghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

I am so angry right now that I could spit.

My work called and apparently one of my dear coworkers has not shown up for two days which means that I don't get my full vacation. Instead I have to do a damned graveyard shift tonight. The coworker in question hasn't contacted work or her family. Her husband has a heart condition and she has been taking care of him alongside going to work. She decided not only to bail out of work she has also bailed out on her family. Her family 'thinks' that she may be in another town but they are not sure.

This is a load of crap and I am so damned pissed. I am going to be doing 12 hour shifts until they find somebody else to fill her position, which could take more than a month. I hate this job and I can't wait to quit.

Old 05-04-2006, 10:47 AM   #2771
WolfMoon

While I can understand her need to have some quiet time, your co-worker sucks baboon ass!
Old 05-04-2006, 10:59 AM   #2772
horrorgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
While I can understand her need to have some quiet time, your co-worker sucks baboon ass!
Crap like this happens all of the time in this company. The part that really sucks the most is that when a coworker doesn't show up the other people in the house have to take up the slack. My team leader called the office and tried to get somebody to replace her but apparently the house that I work at isn't a priority. And people wonder why the developmentally disabled healthcare industry can't find good employees.

Old 05-04-2006, 01:23 PM   #2773
Niels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan_Dubh
I don't know what to do with my life. I don't want to just go with the flow anymore!
Only dead fish go with the flow...

but seriously, I know what you mean, because I am in the same situation. I don't know what I can expect from life anymore, and what to do with it...

I think the key is to keep yourself interested, find new hobbies and do things you normally wouldn't do. It worked for me, I actually have things I call hobbies! I haven't had hobbies in years...! Anyway... just try things and eventually you realise what you want... at leats that's what I hope for... :P
Old 05-04-2006, 06:14 PM   #2774
Magpie_Tendencies

I wish that the trolls would go away.

I wish that all the funny, interesting and intelligent members of g.net weren't leaving. I know that lots of funny, interesting and intelligent members are staying but it's just not the same...
Old 05-04-2006, 06:20 PM   #2775
A Simple Poet

Yeah, it really blows. You just get to a place, start a few quality correspondences and then the bottom falls out. Well, hopefully we can retain some people who will become the new die hards. I know that I intend to remain.

My name is Will ... and I'm back from a glorious feeding.

Will on Facebook ... Identify yourself because I'm a proud, Facebook, recluse.
Closed Thread