Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: ...
.. 0 0%
... 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 11:51 AM   #3176
She_Is_My_Sin

I did & she said she's just in a bit of a bad mood. She told me not to take it so seriously, but if someone's bad mood lasts at least two weeks & they give you hell for the slightest thing, you can't help but take it seriously...I know I'm coming off as a whingey little cow but I feel that I have nobody else to talk to.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:08 PM   #3177
cradle

:gives hug: You can talk to us....
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:37 PM   #3178
She_Is_My_Sin

Thanks...I'll sort something out. It's so alien to see her in an agressive way, she's normally calm & kind. I just want her to see how bad she's making me feel, it's really getting to me.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:24 PM   #3179
Splintered

Profanity, racial slurs, and the "middle finger".

So today in my computer class, we were finally allowed to tear into the old beasts of computers: The Pentium III P.O.Ss we get to work on, and if we screw up, they're out, a hundred dollars at maximum. It's a fun class, and I rather enjoy it. I enjoy the teacher, who is not only an awesome teacher, but also a wise man by my standards, and as laid back as they come. I feel very free in that class, to pretty much roam around and do whatever I want.

Yet, regularily, we have an interruption in this class. An intercom speaker. It randomly comes on in the last few minutes of the day, to announce some superfluous event, that we already knew about in the first place.

It annoys me. Very much so.

So, today, in a joking manner, I gave the intercom the finger. It was done in a joking manner, and we had a few laughs about it.

Then, I quickly discovered there are several cameras placed, all around the room, as it holds the largest amounts of expensive items, and per square inch, is actually more expensive then several classrooms. Knowing such, I toned down my attitude, and laughingly told the teacher what I had done, so he could get a good laugh out of it as well.

Appearantly though, the footage might be reviewed by the principle, and if it is, I could get into trouble. This is not an issue that has me concerned byeond a few seconds of thought. Oh so what? I got talk to the principle, he calls my mom, and at worst, I have to go sit in detention for a night, and get yelled at for a week. This doesn't scare me a bit.

But the whole concept of it all bugs me. A certain chain of letters suddenly makes something bad? When I label something, I get in trouble? It makes no sense to me. They act as if they have the right, not to be offended. Where does this lead to? Where does it stop? When will they finally realize that no matter how many times they punish someone, that someone is still going to think of them as a mother-fucking, whore?

Thinking about it, I curse alot through the day, and it doesn't bother me that much. I will say fuck, damn, hell, bitch, cunt, shit, and many other words, that don't have much of a meaning besides what you assign to them. If you're offended by that, too bad. I'm not interrupting your learning, I'm not stopping you from doing anything, and you can yell at me all you want back. So, why should me flipping off an inanimate object even matter?

Why should my conversations with my friends, which may include a wide variety of curse words, be effected by your inability to cope with the fact that people are going to curse? If I was outside of school grounds, you couldn't touch me. Yet, inside this appearantly changes, and it's punishable. It doesn't make sense.

It's not like I don't have a vocabulary past cursing either. If I wanted to, I could say the exact same thing in perfect literary style, but I don't, because it would be senseless to do so, why whould I waste so long on words, when I could simply sum it up with one? Then, I would even pose, who are you to determine what I can and cannot say? Once again, I'm not stopping someone from learning, and I'm not infringing on their rights, so how they hell do they get to decide what I can and cannot say?

It is going to be fun watching the next few days play out.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:29 PM   #3180
c130

If your school's anything like the one I went to, if they do anything at all they'll... lock the girls' bathrooms. That was the solution to everything, last year. Girls were smoking in there? Lock the toilets. Girls were smoking in the playground? Lock the toilets. Girls were just hanging around but not smoking? Lock the toilets. Boys were playing football outside the library? Lock the toilets. People weren't wearing full school uniform? Lock the toilets. People were having staring contests with the janitors via the CCTV cameras? Lock the toilets.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:31 PM   #3181
BlackButterfly

Wha... are you serious?!? Lock the toilets? What kind of punishment is that?

::dons spectacles and affects stuffy principal voice::
"Whosoever transgresseth against the rules and regulations of this esteemed educational institution shall be denied the right to go potty!"

OK, a bit over the top... but seriously, what the hell?!?
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
Old 09-27-2006, 11:46 PM   #3182
FenrisQueen

Wow. I leave for six months, and the site is shot to shit, so, yeah. I might rant.

FUCK THIS SHIT.

I'm done.
(short rant)
Truth, justice, honor...none of that's worth shit. What matters is people, and people aren't honest or just or honorable. They're petty and they're angry and they're afraid, and all anyone really wants, deep down, is to be wanted. And what's truth to that?
Old 09-28-2006, 01:47 AM   #3183
c130

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackButterfly
Wha... are you serious?!? Lock the toilets? What kind of punishment is that?

::dons spectacles and affects stuffy principal voice::
"Whosoever transgresseth against the rules and regulations of this esteemed educational institution shall be denied the right to go potty!"

OK, a bit over the top... but seriously, what the hell?!?
Even the senior students' pupil council couldn't get the headmistress to unlock the toilets. Her explanations varied; they were "closed due to vandalism" (but the toilets are never vandalised past the odd "Debbie 4 Steven" in biro on the stall doors), "closed due to bullying", "closed due to smokers smoking in them", "closed to stop smokers from deciding to smoke in them", "closed because people eat contraband in them", "closed due to girls undressing in them", etc... This new headteacher came in after Christmas last year when our old headmaster retired, and suddenly the toilets were inaccessable 90% of the time.

I just think she's a sadistic bitch. Last year (in fifth year, or year 12 for you english people) she gave me a huge row because I was carrying a 500ml bottle of Pepsi across the playground at lunchtime, and made me put it in my pocket (as I wasn't wearing my bag at the time). o_O Then she gave me my second lecture of the week about how my black shirt wasn't school uniform.

Oh how I'm glad to be a college student now.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:16 AM   #3184
tenet_2012

Damn kids...

--Geisha
Old 09-28-2006, 07:52 AM   #3185
She_Is_My_Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by c130
If your school's anything like the one I went to, if they do anything at all they'll... lock the girls' bathrooms. That was the solution to everything, last year. Girls were smoking in there? Lock the toilets. Girls were smoking in the playground? Lock the toilets. Girls were just hanging around but not smoking? Lock the toilets. Boys were playing football outside the library? Lock the toilets. People weren't wearing full school uniform? Lock the toilets. People were having staring contests with the janitors via the CCTV cameras? Lock the toilets.
See at my school they just never cleaned the toilets. No matter how much you complained, nothing would be done. People stopped smoking in them because of the smells & sights one could have seen in there. I actually walked into a cubicle, saw poo smeared all on the walls, turned & left.
Luckily sixth formers get their own private, clean toilets.

Sorry the talk of toilets just reminded me of my own toilet problems
Old 09-28-2006, 01:20 PM   #3186
c130

OMG.

Who the heck would smear crap on the stall walls? o_O
Old 09-28-2006, 01:36 PM   #3187
She_Is_My_Sin

That makes me wonder too. If they stuck their hands down the bog, they wouldn't have been able to wash them due to the lack of soap & taps that don't work...
0_0

The guys toilets got cleaned though. They always used to complain that the cleaner lady was staring at them as they urinated. 0_0;;
Old 09-28-2006, 09:00 PM   #3188
Splintered

People who attack other people based on something they do, and then don't actually tell them what the hell they are doing wrong, and have a basis for what they are doing wrong, bug me.

It's the whole, "I'm superior then you, and I just am" thing that really gets under my skin, and I can't accurately give you a reason why. My best guess is that it's the audacity of the situation.

Let me elaborate.

So, say person X, meets Person Y. Person X and Y decide that they are both in their own little group, and we're going to call it "Group A". They think being part of Group A is really cool, and they like Group A. Person Z, acts moderately like Group A, and shows some interests in the similiarities of Group A, but doesn't follow a majority of things, that would be required to be part of Group A. Group A get's pissed, and doesn't like Person Z, and decides to label Person Z, as a poser. Person Z, then decides to make their own group, called "Group B". Person B, then shows interest in Group B, and is friends with Person Z. They join in. Then, a few weeks later, Group A, has less members then Group B, but still has a strong following. Then, Person C, acts similiar into ways of Group A and B, but doesn't act in such a way, they'd be similiar to Group A or B. So, they are labeled posers, and go off to make their own Group C. Group A, labels both Group B and C posers, and Group B labels A as arrogant assholes, and C as posers, and Group C is just screwed. The problem is, Group A, Group B, and Group C, all call themself, themself part of Group A.

See what I'm getting at here?
So, let's use this in the context of "Emo" versus "Goth". (For this arguement, I'm going to use "Emo" to refer to the appearantly undesirable group of people who dress up in all black, listen to Hawthrone Heights/Slipknot/Marilyn Manson/Evanescence/Whatever, and acts like they hate their life. "Goth" is going to be used in the context of someone who listens to Dead Can Dance, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, and The Sisters of Mercy, dresses in Victorian Era clothes, dresses in Victorian Era or Hand-made clothes, and reads every bloody book they can find.)

Alot of Goths will use the term "Emo", to essentially describe anyone that I used in this context of the arguement. If someone demonstrates they act in such a way as I described with emo, they will generally be ridiculed.

The ridiculing will usually come down to this, and sometimes actually presents itself like this:

"Go cry emo kid, I hate you."

I would contend that obviously, this does not make for a sound arguement. It is just a general attack, with the assumation of supremacy, and really, no actual basis for why they're yelling. It's just, "Fuck you, I'm better then you, you have no legitimate point. I hate you." It doesn't explain what they think the person is doing wrong, or give them a solution.

Even when you to go to:

"Hey. We're goths. You're an emo kid, so go somewhere else."

This doesn't provide why the person should leave, what they are doing wrong, why they are Gothier (I've always wanted to use that), or really anything besides, "Piss off, this is my territory." Now, this is all fine, if it's your territory, you should be able to arbitrarily kick someone out. But this extends to concerts, to places like Hot Topic, and the like.

To mention Hot Topic, some people even use that as a negative. Basically in the sense;

"You shop at Hot Topic. You're not Goth. Go away."

This doesn't make sense. How does Hot Topic, suddenly make someone not Goth? This statement doesn't include any details just, "This store. Bad." Somewhat like a few protestors I've seen, who basically use the mantra, "Nuclear. Bad. Nuclear. Bad. Nuclear. Bad".

Now, you have this:

"Shopping at Hot Topic supports the corporization of Goth, which I resent on principle. Because of that, you're not Goth."

It appears to stand up. They presented a reason why you dislike Hot Topic, why they believe it's bad, and why it doesn't make soemone Goth. Problem. They presented a reason why they dislike Hot Topic, why they believe it's bad, and why they think it doesn't make someone Goth. (Don't you just love how italics change the context of something?) It doesn't have any real basis in arguement, or in debate. Why? The Ad Hominem Fallacy. Ad Hominem is "Against the Man", essentially the philosophy that yelling at someone, doesn't actually make your arguement true. So, yelling at someone because they support hot topic, and yelling at hot topic, doesn't make for a good arguement, because it's your opinion. Not fact.

Now, to make perfectly clear, you don't have to provide a logical arguement. You can scream at someone that they're not Goth, all you want. I have no problem with this. Just don't expect to be taken seriously. Why? You're not backing up what you say.

The accusations aren't the parts that concerns though. It's the lack of willingness to guide someone to change that makes me think about this in such a way. Even the most concrete arguement, that cite sources in MLA format, have essays and samples of information, and list history up the ying yang, doesn't really do much. Why? You're endlessly criticizing something, with no real solution to the problem. The concrete arguement, has no resolution as to what action should be taken.

And that's what gets to me. Telling someone they suck because they listen to Hawthrone Heights, just seems pointless, when instead you could be going, "Hey, I know you like Band X, maybe you should try and listen to Band Y. You might like them." Or, if someone's buying stuff from Hot Topic, you could try and persuade them to make their own clothes, or try a different store they might like.

And then it comes down to, "What is Goth?". Every major gothic band I can think of (Dead Can Dance, Christian Death, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Sex Gang Children, Bauhaus, Alien Sex Fiend, etc), can all be linked to some other genre of music. Every style of fashion (Take your pick, from do it yourself, to Victorian era clothes, to Raver gard, to Silent Film Era, to even Pirates if you want to), has links to something else. Reading some of the similiar literature (Poe, to Neitzsche, to Rice, to King, to take your pick), has, once again, links to something else. So, everything that constitutes Goth, can be individually labeled to something else.

One could then argue, "Well, it's a combonation of a good portion of those things, that defines Goth." And that's a good arguement. They can all be mutually exclusive, true, but if you put them all together, they can all be linked to have one common root. Problem: Who gets to decide what makes the cut as Gothic music? Who gets to decide whether something makes the cut as Gothic Literature, or Dress? If it's by the minority (Like the Group A), then why do they get to choose? Who said them being first, actually made it correct? Likewise, if it's by the majority (The groups B and C), what about those who were originally present? Don't they, as the originators of such a style, have the ability to get a clear say on what is what?

It just doesn't make sense to me. One groups yelling at another, and then the other yells back, everyone gets pissed about what fits into what, and who gets to decide that. It just seems illogical.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:40 PM   #3189
Kiinu

oh so my school isn't alone in the bathroom locking fiasco?

It's always the freshman students... because they don't believe that the school CAN do that... but they lock every bathrrom on every floor except for the ones next to the cafeteria..

Now I'm sure it violates SOME health code somewhere... having only two stalls for the 300 or so girls in my school... and... I have no idea whats IN the boys bathroom... but there would be about 300 of them too...

I think it's a bit ridiculous... people are writing on the walls... moniter the bathrooms.. don't close them...
Old 09-29-2006, 03:31 AM   #3190
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Hey Splintered: go away
Just kidding. Seriously: That was an excellent dissection with fair objectivity, and I would like to respond.

As far as the hot topic shoppers: I think the friction there is not the buying, but the herd mentality, i.e. not thinking for oneself and following some premade template without substance, and worse, buying in ignorance that irritates others. True, there are some who dislike the store itself, because it represents a corporate superstructure that benefits it's profit motive and returns little to society (a core Goth perspective IMHO), but mostly buying a sub-culture off the rack without knowing what the Goth frame of mind is all about is the main trigger for any resentment IMO.

As far as the stratification of sub-groups go (B derived from A, spawns C), that is just plain society. Music bands splinter. (your namesake is most appropriate!) Churches splinter. Political parties splinter. You may not like it, ergo your rant, but that is just expected behavior for the human species.

Years ago, I used to be a beach bum, and associate with other beach bums. But my taste evolved, and theirs didn't, so I left and found this subculture (Thank Goth!). I associate with others with similar taste, because the beach bums and I no longer had anything in common.
"Wow, Ann Radcliffe just blows me away man!"
"Wow dide, do you think she would blow me too? What's her number?"
Ok, I'm outta here.

See? Natural social behavior.
But I do agree that if some people get rude or discourteous about it, it can put the other's in a bad light. But there are rude people in every group. I can imagine the derogatory comments made by country club members if some Goths decided to go golfing one day. LOL

Anyway, cool rant, dude.

Old 09-29-2006, 11:26 AM   #3191
Spectral Despondence

Quote:
Originally Posted by c130
OMG.

Who the heck would smear crap on the stall walls? o_O
I'm with him.

Whatever encourages people to do stuff like that is far beyond my scope of comprehension even if i lowered myself to the bottom of the barrel.

Unless of course theirs no toilet paper and perhaps they thought squishing and sliding their ass against the wall might help, lol sorry...
Old 09-29-2006, 03:40 PM   #3192
She_Is_My_Sin

I haven't been in those toilets since. I just hope they got a good scrub down over the summer.

'Cos I remember the 'un-flushed toilets fiasco' a few years ago. It was sicker than any cubicle covered in poo.
Old 09-30-2006, 09:38 PM   #3193
disorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splintered
listen to Hawthrone Heights
Excuse me, I like Hawthorne Heights >:\
Old 10-01-2006, 04:16 PM   #3194
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Hiya Miss Disorder,

Splintered was actually defending people who listen to Hawthorne Heights. The rant was about people who shut down their circle to others who happen to listen to them. But it was just an example anyway, nothing to get in conflict over.

Although when I have seen drunks get in fights over baseball teams, I let them, it was funny to watch.

Old 10-02-2006, 06:05 AM   #3195
DarkHeartedDemoness

Fucking HELL what gives people the right to treat me like total shit?! By the way, in case anyone was wondering, "well duh" is always rude. ALWAYS. Particularly when someone is trying to be polite and asking you a question. And there is no fucking reason to be rude to someone just because they're doing their fucking job. I'm sorry that you're upset that you're unable to find a Nissan Altima with manual transmission, but that is in no way my fault, jackass.

I shouldn't take it personally. I really shouldn't. Maybe they're having a bad day, or maybe they just never learned how to treat others. Maybe they just have a shitty personality and have alienated all of their friends and are lonely and sad with a shitty personality. Whatever, I don't fucking care. My feelings are valid. They're being rude to me just because they can. Well, fuck that.

All right, there's my rant. Thanks for listening.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
Old 10-02-2006, 01:01 PM   #3196
She_Is_My_Sin

Indeed. Release some tension m'dear.

I had diarrhoea (not sure if that's spelt correctly) today (sorry for the information by the way) & my English teacher wouldn't let me go to the damned toilets for half an hour.

That meant half an hour of excruciating stomach pains & trying to hold in...'gas'. He told me 'I can feel your pain'. Bollocks.

Also, on my way home when I was crossing the road, I looked both ways. No cars. So I cross. Except this crazy brat comes swerving around the corner all of a sudden, in the middle of the road & screeching his head off & laughing at my reaction.

I don't want to sound like an evil cow, but I hope some motorist taught him a little lesson.

Ok, rant over.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:01 PM   #3197
Child_of_Fury

You know what bugs the big bones outta me? COPYCATS! Seriously, there are KIDS over here, imitating me and my dress code. "Oooh, I googled goth and I realized I was one!" they come to me and speak. "You know, I like totally realized what gawthness is, but my mom's lookin' me like I was a weirdo or something when I tell her I want to dress all black!"

It became worse when I dyed my hair into something between black, blue and purple. Pretty fascinating cameleont-effect there, I have to admit. But this kid is totally obsessing with "becoming gawth" that it truly, madly, deeply makes me sick. I'm not saying I'm the gothest of 'em all - as a matter of fact, I'm far from it - but it doesn't take a friggin' Tarot-card reader to tell she's a poser. She think that just by googling "goth" and reading from a site or two about goths makes her one. And her BS about how the goths in her school are "you know, like, totally cool"... seriously, I know the school she's in, and I can tell you with 100% certainty there are no goths from where she's from.

Just what is with these wannabes? Why pour all their BS down my neck? Do I really look like I'm interested? On top of that, she's whining because "my mom won't let me wear white powder / black clothes / high-heeled boots / a load of eye-lines" and stuff. I don't get it - I never asked my mom a permission to "become a goth". I just did, without pretty much noticing it myself. How can one even consciously decide to "become a goth" without becoming a poser? It sounds to me like those 3 - 5 year-old brats who crawl on the floor and scream, "Look mommy, I'm a dog! Arf, arf!"

Haha, now there'd be a sight, "Look mommy, I'm a goth!"
Old 10-02-2006, 01:05 PM   #3198
DarkHeartedDemoness

What would be the sound effect (like arf) that would go best with that statement? Now there's a question for the ages.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
Old 10-02-2006, 01:20 PM   #3199
Child_of_Fury

"Look mommy, I'm a goth! *whine-whine-whine*"

Hehehe.... I couldn't resist.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:29 PM   #3200
She_Is_My_Sin

Darn it. Ebuddy is refusing to work, despite saying it would be able to work again in 15 minutes.

Well I've waited 20.

It cut me off in a rather pleasant chat about universities.
Closed Thread