Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 07:06 PM   #1
Icarian Decoding

Rap

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : rap

Rofl.

Guess what this topic is about? Rap. Hip-Hop if you want too. The reason I am posting this, is to ask the question: Why do alot of people hate Rap? I like rap, I've never understood exactly why so many people who are into Metal, hate rap, and vice versa? (I'm generalizing. I like metal too, so I know there are exceptions.)

I don't like rap neccesarily because it's cool, or because it's pack-loaded with cursing, or it talks about filling your carnal desires to levels that would make LeVay sick. I like it it because it's got a good beat, some of it has interesting concepts, and it's a different culture (Stereotyping again). Yet, I see tons of people sighting a few songs, and labeling rap as degrading to women, and hateful. I blame MTV for that. But, why? Why is rap so wrong in some people's eyes?
Old 04-22-2006, 07:38 PM   #2
Godslayer Jillian

Well, to me, it's just that I mostly listen to songs with a deep meaning, which means that I do enjoy some rap songs, particularly Eminem's Like Toy Soldiers.
But most songs, just, don't have a deep enough meaning for me.
But, following this standard, I hate punk music all the more.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:41 PM   #3
rockandrose

There is already a thread dedicated to "rap" music.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:42 PM   #4
Empty_Purple_Stars

Icarian why don't you try actually looking with your eyes, instead of using the search strings?

It took me 35 seconds to locate the thread.

This is the 2nd or 3rd time we have had this conversation.

I just love repeating myself.

Not really.

*sigh*

https://www.gothic.net/boards/showth...p?t=428&page=1

Thread Closed.
Closed Thread