Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:45 PM   #1
Kolibri

Um Hi?

So I've lurked for a bit, and I see most people fill these out. So here's my introduction survey.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
I play a few instruments. Flute, pennywhistle, appalachian lap dulcimer. I like to read and write, photography is also quite fun. I work in retail. Black friday and christmas is so much fun...-sarcasm-

2. Where are you from?
USA

3. Who is your favorite author?
Too many

4. What are your favorite films?
Too many

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
Theme from the Corpse Bride. Danny Elfmann did an amazing job with the soundtrack.

6. At your funeral?
Allerseelen by Richard Strauss. The instrumental, not vocal. It's such a beautiful and melancholy piece.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
peacefully

8. What kind of casket would you want?
Something inexpensive. I don't want my family to pay a dreadful amount for something that is going to decompose.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
I honestly don't have one at this time.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
Not having to worry about the world.

11. What's your favorite band?
Too Many!!!

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
Haven't graduated high school yet. I plan on majoring in History, Music or Linguistics.

13. Why did you join?
This site looks interesting.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
Female
Kolibri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:48 PM   #2
Joker_in_the_Pack

Try listing a few of your TOO MANY!!'s.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:53 PM   #3
Kolibri

I can't narrow it down there's way too many...Hahaha...
Old 10-02-2008, 02:54 PM   #4
Bete Noire

Then just give us a few!

We crave it.
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:55 PM   #5
Joker_in_the_Pack

Your entire time on the boards will be basically spent arguing over stupid things and being judged based on fashion, musical taste, music taste, and literary taste.

So cough us up a few so we can get on with it.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

Old 10-02-2008, 02:56 PM   #6
Saya

PENNYWHISTLE!!! WOOT!

I honestly never met anyone else who plays them ^_^ Everyone else is all about the recorder.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:08 PM   #7
Kolibri

Fine fine...I like mostly any kind of music period. Except rap. Mainly Classical, folk, soundtracks, instrumental. Bethoveen, Strauss, Philadelphia Philharmonic, Dervish, Daecaunt, Bridgeshadow, LemonDemon, Flogging Molly, Flatfoot 56, Dvorak, The Shine (local Band), Blood Gardener (local band).

Movies: Comedy, drama. Monty Python, Dead Poets Society, (I'm going to get ripped apart for this one) The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

Books: Dead Poets Society, Harry Potter, The Twilight series except Breaking Dawn. I did not like that one. Freakonomics, Wuthering Heights, Beowulf, Terry Prachett's Discworld series, Christopher Moore's writing, Grendel. The List goes on and on and on.

@Saya, Yeah, I haven't been playing that long. The music director at church kinda threw one at me with colonial music and a fingering chart last 4th of July and I just stuck with it. It's fun, but covering half holes are a pain in the ass.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:13 PM   #8
JCC

Damn, no wonder you didn't want to mention any, that's a disaster.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:14 PM   #9
lucylucy

Uh oh. People might flame you just a bit for liking Twilight.

I wish you luck, and welcome.
lucylucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:14 PM   #10
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolibri
Fine fine...I like mostly any kind of music period. Except rap. Mainly Classical, folk, soundtracks, instrumental. Bethoveen, Strauss, Philadelphia Philharmonic, Dervish, Daecaunt, Bridgeshadow, LemonDemon, Flogging Molly, Flatfoot 56, Dvorak, The Shine (local Band), Blood Gardener (local band).

Movies: Comedy, drama. Monty Python, Dead Poets Society, (I'm going to get ripped apart for this one) The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

Books: Dead Poets Society, Harry Potter, The Twilight series except Breaking Dawn. I did not like that one. Freakonomics, Wuthering Heights, Beowulf, Terry Prachett's Discworld series, Christopher Moore's writing, Grendel. The List goes on and on and on.

@Saya, Yeah, I haven't been playing that long. The music director at church kinda threw one at me with colonial music and a fingering chart last 4th of July and I just stuck with it. It's fun, but covering half holes are a pain in the ass.
I rather liked Dead Poets Society. Other than that and Beethoven, JCC is right.

Old 10-02-2008, 03:15 PM   #11
JCC

Dead Poets Society contained Robin Williams and mentioned Walt Whitman in a positive light. Therefore it does not meet with my approval.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:17 PM   #12
Joker_in_the_Pack

I personally find Robin Williams to be hysterical. His stand up has me rolling. What's wrong with Whitman?

Old 10-02-2008, 03:19 PM   #13
JCC

I like Robin Williams' stand up, but his films tend to suck, or at least I've never really liked any. Hook was fairly inspirational to my nine year old self.

Whitman bores the fuck out of me, especially O Captain, which I think is one of the worst poems to ever be rated so highly.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:21 PM   #14
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
I like Robin Williams' stand up, but his films tend to suck, or at least I've never really liked any. Hook was fairly inspirational to my nine year old self.

Whitman bores the fuck out of me, especially O Captain, which I think is one of the worst poems to ever be rated so highly.
Wordsworth is far worse.

Old 10-02-2008, 03:48 PM   #15
Kolibri

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucylucy
Uh oh. People might flame you just a bit for liking Twilight.

I wish you luck, and welcome.
Meh, It's not like I'm a rabid Edward Cullen fangirl (quite honestly, they scare me >.<). It's just an interesting story. I've liked it from the beginning, before the rabid fangirls attacked. Ever since it became popular, It's been a kind of whatever thing. I have a feeling the movie will blow donkey balls so I just am not going to go see it.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:16 PM   #16
Geoluhread

Welcome to the boards...!! I actually like The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen, not fond of the actors but i found it pretty awesome
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:45 AM   #17
Jaye Jang

Kolibri, Welcome aboard. So, what kind of pennywhistle?. (I basically own the lot, from F-sharp through C). I love the lap dulcimer. Wish I could play one, although I have 'dinked around' with a zither and an autoharp. So, you play, what? Irish? Folk? Bluegrass? C'mon. Out with it... Don't be shy.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:04 AM   #18
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolibri
Fine fine...I like mostly any kind of music period. Except rap.
I hate when people say that!!

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:18 AM   #19
Underwater Ophelia

Yeah, so do I.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:54 AM   #20
Bat Attack

Yer me too.
Bat Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:55 AM   #21
dead_dreams

I can stand 10 minutes of rap, but then I'll have to turn the radio.
dead_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:07 AM   #22
jack_the_knife

I like some hip hop, as long as the lyrics are at least intelligent.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:25 AM   #23
LiUsAiDh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoluhread
Welcome to the boards...!! I actually like The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen, not fond of the actors but i found it pretty awesome
I saw the start of that about 2 years ago. When I found out it was on TV last night, I was pretty excited to see it. Fuck, it was awful!! The lines were cliche, the acting awful, the plot predictable, it had no sense of fun, I could go on for ages! I put my original fondness of it down to youth, and bad taste!

.... And somebody mentioned Wordsworth; I drove past his house last weekend. It's near here.

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:39 PM   #24
sagicapri25

Welcome, Mrs. League ^_^
sagicapri25 is offline   Reply With Quote