Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 04-26-2005, 07:55 AM   #76
CptSternn

Loy -

Of all the times I 'attack' bush, this is one of the time where it is most definately warranted. This man pushed aside Iraq, Social Security, and a tonne of other issues and made gay marriage the centre piece of his re-election campaign. He was elected on the idea of attacking gay rights and stopping gay marriage.

I didn't have anything to do with that, that was all gw. I'm just pointing out the only reason he is in office is he made a huge point to attack the gay community. His own group of gay republicans decided to sit out the presidential vote because of it.

He opened himself up to this when he took those actions. To say bush is neutral on this issue and is possibly pro-gay is just crazy. To say just because I don't like him I'm somehow skewing the facts here, I say google the concept here - 'bush election gay' and see how many articles you see that are saying the same thing I am.

Slán
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 01:47 PM   #77
Binkie

:lol:

That's right, folks, the only thing Bush really talked about during election time was gay marriage. That's why all the news agencies were surprised when they learned that this was the issue most voters based their choice on. I mean, it is rather surprising, if you think about it, that voters would base their votes upon the issue addressed the most. Oh wait, nevermind. The amendment wasn't really the key stable of his campaign.

Don't know if you were paying attention or not to the elections here in the states, Sternn (my guess is yes, but you don't seem to understand what you're reading/watching - so that doesn't say much), but the big issue that was talked about and addressed by both candidates was the conflict in Iraq. You'll agree on another thread where that's the topic. Not a huge amount of time on the campaign trail or the debates was spent on gay marriage. In fact, I believe it wasn't really gone into a whole lot between presidential candidates, and was tossed in for about 5 minutes with the vice presidents.

Attacking gays? Again, the New York Times did an article on Bush saying he wasn't out to "kick gays" with his politics. Maybe you missed it (kinda like you missed the details on everything you've ever argued) . Oh wait, you didn't miss it. You'll just wait for a page to go by, then say, "You didn't defend Bush!!! Blah blah blah." Of course, that will come at a time in which your gay-bashing IRA group is being attacked and you can't defend their bigoted actions.

:lol:
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 02:44 PM   #78
Binkie

Gay marriage is considered to be a wedge issue. It tips moderates and undecideds, but it's not at the top of the list of what Americans in general care about the most (this is backed by nation-wide opinion polls). Top concerns in 2004 were Iraq and the economy. That's what both Kerry and Bush tackled the most. These got the most coverage and talked about the most by both candidates. They were the staples of the campaigns.

Once election results came in, news agencies asked what the definitive issue was, and it turned out to be gay marriage. There was an enormous amount of undecided voters this time around because of all the smear campaigns and mud slinging going on, so it came down to an issue lower on down on the list.

Bringing that up in Virginia is probably no surprise though, just because of that state's history with gay unions. Banning gay marriage in '97. Banning civil unions between gay couples in '04.

(edit: whoops... the post I was replying to is gone)
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 02:53 PM   #79
Loy

And here in Washington, an equal-rights bill just lost out in the senate. Now, this wasn't a "gay marriage" bill, or a "special groupings" bill, but a simple "don't fuck with people who are gay" type of bill (specifically in the area of employment).

What's even scarier is that Microsoft, who had always backed up the bill, this year decided to sit it out. Why? Well, the Stranger actually broke the story

www.thestranger.com/2005-04-21/feature.html - 18k

So yes, even the biggest computer company in the world....the fucking BORG, fer christ-sakes....are now caving in tio these wacko flat-earthers. Now, Microsoft denied it all, but the story came up more than once during session in the state capitol, and has been confirmed by some (sadly) unnamed sources from within the company. (I say sadly because even though I know who the sources are, they did ask for anonymity, so I, and anybody else involved in the story, cannot divuldge them....in other words, don't ask).
Old 04-26-2005, 02:54 PM   #80
Solumina

Um…why is my post gone?
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 04:53 AM   #81
CptSternn

Yeah, aw that ms thing as well. Never good when big business caves to the government. My guess is this is a trade off in the ongoing case against them in federal court. They back off rights cases, the administration backs off the anti-trust related cases and all is well.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote