Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 07:21 PM   #19076
Stormtrooper of Death

It is with a heavy heart I bring bad news. My band, Decaying System, is disbanding. We were together for 7 months. Due to lack of interest and commitment I'm calling it quits. Sorry everybody. We recorded two songs as just guitar, bass and vox and those will never see the light of day.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:28 PM   #19077
raggedyanne

Sadness! I hope you find a new group of talented people with similar musical goals sometime soon!
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:31 PM   #19078
Stormtrooper of Death

Me too. I hope. Well I'm off, cheers!
Old 02-26-2008, 07:35 PM   #19079
raggedyanne

Night! Don't let the rapid mutated hamster-bugs bite.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:31 AM   #19080
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir
Rumor has it that I am gay for I sometimes wear eyeliner/nail polish to work. In my defense, I don't have nail polish remover and only two of my fingers had nail polish on 'em.

I'm out of cigarettes. =(
Why would you need a defense for being gay?

Oh and Raggy is a dancer? That's news to me and I consider myself to be quite observant at times...

I am also a dancer, well dancer in training,
I'm learning the art of Kabuki.

My teacher is quite pleased with my progress considering I've never had a Dance class in my life and I'm picking up an unusual style and I've got the ensemble piece pretty much, down pat

It's just so exciting to perform a dance, if I had known I would have started sooner
Old 02-27-2008, 05:03 AM   #19081
Delkaetre

Nyom. Jelly tots. Nyom.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Old 02-27-2008, 08:30 AM   #19082
Mir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Canvas Corpsey
Why would you need a defense for being gay?
The only thing I find annoying is that people are talking about me behind my back. But I'm over it. In fact, I decided to put on even more make up and go to work. That is my "fuck you" to 'em.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:03 AM   #19083
Ideality

I got distracted from my original project. Instead of working on my vest, I sewed an ascot tie. It's a vibrant red that'll serve as a nice accent color and figuring what the shape of an untied ascot was a fun puzzle!
Old 02-27-2008, 11:44 AM   #19084
bleedingheart344

Need to replace my computer's hard drive, so I'm posting from a school computer. Hopefully, I should get one tonight and have it formatted.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:19 PM   #19085
Duane

*Begins to play Eruption by EVH on guitar*

I wish I could play that good... truth is, I'm average skilled...
Old 02-27-2008, 02:46 PM   #19086
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir
The only thing I find annoying is that people are talking about me behind my back. But I'm over it. In fact, I decided to put on even more make up and go to work. That is my "fuck you" to 'em.
Reason approved *gives the CC stamp*

I hurt in places I never knew I had, I set out to cripple my Dance class with my brand of exercise and hurt myslf a little in the end, though one girl did give up after only 89/120 jumping jacks and barely made it through to push up 9

The other exercises were to light on them
Old 02-27-2008, 02:53 PM   #19087
honeythorn

There is a goth thread on VLV. I am in ecstasy. They are talking about decent bands. I am....amazed. I never thought I would see the day!
Old 02-27-2008, 04:16 PM   #19088
Bella Sophia

This is a random thread... so I figured it would fit if I posted my RANDOM rant here. I need to get it off my chest. I would have made a thread about it in Whining, but that would be drawing too much attention. How frustrated and hurt must I feel? The very people I wanted to write a story about have turned against me. I almost lost my will to write this story. Honestly, someone steals my idea, and then I'm the one that's being yelled at. It hurt so much, I wanted to cry when I saw that people wanted to be in his story and not mine. They attack me simply for defending myself. I still can't believe it. I tried to get over it. There's nothing more I can ask - nothing more I can do. No one's paying attention to my story anymore, all they want to do it attack me. It's unbelievably cruel. I like the "Castle Gothica' part, so I named my story Masque of the Castle Gothica. It's not like I took his exact title. Once more, I have a completely different plot. It's going to be about a MASQUE! At first I thought he was giving me ideas. Now everyone is accusing me of stealing. No, no, I wasn't the one doing the stealing. How dare they? How dare they all? It's my idea, and people are treating me as if I stole it. I thought the Clan idea would have been nice, but I didn't know he would actually take my idea and run with it and turn it into his story. What they don't know is that I've already been writing it. No, he didn't write it first. It's funny how everyone is talking about how amazing he is from MY idea. MY IDEA! THE NERVE OF THEM! THE ABSOLUTE NERVE OF THEM ALL!

...... I'm done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_dreams
What the Hell is wrong with you!?!?! who the Hell kill's helpless and innocent babies? that's f***ing sick!!!
Don't you have anything better to do than pollute our forums?!?
Old 02-27-2008, 04:23 PM   #19089
Bella Sophia

*edit*

Also, I didn't mean that as an attack. I just needed to type it all out. Thank you, HumanePain for defending me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_dreams
What the Hell is wrong with you!?!?! who the Hell kill's helpless and innocent babies? that's f***ing sick!!!
Don't you have anything better to do than pollute our forums?!?
Old 02-27-2008, 04:30 PM   #19090
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Sophia
This is a random thread... so I figured it would fit if I posted my RANDOM rant here. I need to get it off my chest. I would have made a thread about it in Whining, but that would be drawing too much attention. How frustrated and hurt must I feel? The very people I wanted to write a story about have turned against me. I almost lost my will to write this story. Honestly, someone steals my idea, and then I'm the one that's being yelled at. It hurt so much, I wanted to cry when I saw that people wanted to be in his story and not mine. They attack me simply for defending myself. I still can't believe it. I tried to get over it. There's nothing more I can ask - nothing more I can do. No one's paying attention to my story anymore, all they want to do it attack me. It's unbelievably cruel. I like the "Castle Gothica' part, so I named my story Masque of the Castle Gothica. It's not like I took his exact title. Once more, I have a completely different plot. It's going to be about a MASQUE! At first I thought he was giving me ideas. Now everyone is accusing me of stealing. No, no, I wasn't the one doing the stealing. How dare they? How dare they all? It's my idea, and people are treating me as if I stole it. I thought the Clan idea would have been nice, but I didn't know he would actually take my idea and run with it and turn it into his story. What they don't know is that I've already been writing it. No, he didn't write it first. It's funny how everyone is talking about how amazing he is from MY idea. MY IDEA! THE NERVE OF THEM! THE ABSOLUTE NERVE OF THEM ALL!

...... I'm done.
Let's simplify what took place, so you can reflect on it more easily.

Individual one: I'm going to write a story about a dog.

Individual two: Ah, dogs certainly are an interesting subject matter. I too would like to write a story about them. Mine will be called "Woof Arf Woof", and it will feature a Dog named Bobby who owns a grocery store. Bobby leads a happy life, but then returns from work one day to find that his wife has been murdered, and embarks on a brutal crusade against crime.

The Masses: Wow, cool story individual two.

Individual one: WAH YOU STOLE MY IDEA. Anyway, I will keep going. My story will be called "Arf Woof Arf" and feature a dog named Robby who works in at a farmer's market!
Old 02-27-2008, 04:36 PM   #19091
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Both of you are acting rather childishly, take it to PMs or bottle it up, either way, I do not want to read it.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:21 PM   #19092
Solumina

wow I really need to stop eating Nutella, I have been eating it by the spoonful for the past 15min. Maybe it is about time that I make some dinner
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Old 02-27-2008, 05:23 PM   #19093
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Ewww Nutella! Blech D=
Old 02-27-2008, 05:30 PM   #19094
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Dinner is good.
Nutella... I tried it and was manifestly indifferent to it.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

Old 02-27-2008, 07:42 PM   #19095
Delkaetre

I have a good weekend coming up. All I have to do is get some sleep and get through tomorrow day. Tomorrow night there's the Mission to enjoy, and on Friday I'm getting a new top from Libidex and then going to AntiChrist in my favourite gown.
Have to be up early on Saturday because there's a shoot with the Nocturnal crowd (yay expand portfolio maybe eventually get paid modelling work), and InsanitoriuM's on that night.
And I've had an offer for an interesting studio shoot based on the work of a current artist. Could be interesting, will need a chaperone.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Old 02-27-2008, 07:47 PM   #19096
Stormtrooper of Death

Sounds fun Delk. good luck with the photo shoot thing.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:24 AM   #19097
Delkaetre

Eh. Would be more fun if Thursday day didn't exist. Already I've missed a class and a lecture, I still have to have a shower and get all my laundry done, and I have two more classes coming up. Have to go direct from those classes into London else I'll be late for the Mission.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:33 AM   #19098
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
I wish I could be paid to be a writer and then just stay home and write all day. (sigh) I have to go to bloody work now. (fantasizes all the way to work during the hour long drive...)

Old 02-28-2008, 02:24 PM   #19099
Mir

I can't wait to see Korn live. It's Monday night though which kind of sucks.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:12 PM   #19100
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
I wish I could be paid to be a writer and then just stay home and write all day. (sigh) I have to go to bloody work now. (fantasizes all the way to work during the hour long drive...)
Humane I feel the same way. I wish I could just stay home all day and write and read instead of having to go to school. But I know going to school is what will eventually get me to that goal.

-Zach Galifianakis
Closed Thread