Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 09-16-2006, 04:30 AM   #26
belle hawk

Bryan Addams and Cat Stevens.My brother was listening them always and my ears got used to them, actually those years I had to listen whatever my brother listen.He was the older and I had nothing else than obey
belle hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 11:44 PM   #27
Splintered

The first band I listend to, would have to be Led Zeppelin. My mom had one of these little "Best Of" albums, and I loved it.

The first band, that I actually found on my own, was Play, because there was this one music video I found on the net, and it had "I must not chase the boys" playing, and I was like, "Woah, this is cool". It was really a stupid song, but it was cool in it's own special way, at the time. Then, looking through the same site, I found Drowning Pool. It was a cool video with bombs and stuff, and it was playing "Bodies". Which I tought was hard as all hell at the time.

So then I went looking for more. And I found more bands like it, like Godsmack and Powerman5000, which in turn lead me to Korn and Disturbed, which lead me to Hatebreed and Slipknot, which lead me to Dimmu Borgir, which introduced me into the entire Nuclear Blast family, which then lead me to Arch Enemy, which let me into the Century Media family, which introduced me to Lacuna Coil and Celtic Frost, which then went to Kreator, which introduced me to Sodom and Destruction, which lead to Blind Guardian, Helloween, Morbid Angel, and Carcass, which lead to Dark Tranquillity, Amon Amarth, The Black Dahlia Murder, God Dethroned, Bleed The Sky, Scar Symmetry, At The Gates, and Therion.

Which is where I sorta am today. Only. I've branched off in a whole bunch of directions. Like. Lacuna Coil went off on another tangent, to Tristina, The Gathering, Tapping The Vein, Symphony X, Collide, and Jack Off Jill. And Hatebreed stemmed off into Lamb Of God, Mushroomhead, and Soilwork. Which actually lead back to Arch Enemy. O.o

I should like, one day, just make a map of how I discovered music.
Splintered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 01:18 PM   #28
She_Is_My_Sin

I used to adore The Moffatts. I remember being about 7 & having a sick obsession with them. Although they weren't really popular in England...*sob* 'Crazy' is still an anthem for me...Dammit Bob Moffatt I'll always love you! ok moment of madness has now passed...
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:02 PM   #29
Deadkennedy

I began with REM. But I still dont listen goth entirely. I listen punk more.
Deadkennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 12:03 PM   #30
Child_of_Fury

Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler were my first loves. I wasn't even at school at the time, and I still listen to those. I've got every album of DS and MK, and they never fail to cheer me up.
Child_of_Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 04:24 PM   #31
ViciouslyBeautiful

Mine is classic rock especially Scorpions, my dad is still heavily into them, a bunch of children from my country, and tracks from musicals like Evita. . I've always suspected my parents of watching the old version of Phantom of The Opera when I was little, everytime I hear the tracks it feels like total deja vu.
ViciouslyBeautiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 04:32 PM   #32
Darkbender423

As a child for my 8th birthday in 1977 my parents took me to see Elvis in what would be one of his final concerts, it was at the Loyd Noble Theater in Norman Oklahoma. Later I began listening to Kiss 45's (small plastic discs containing one song on each side), Velvet Underground, Iggy Pop, Alice Cooper, Psychic TV (one of the first techno bands ever, check them out if you want a history lesson), The Cure (when Boy's Don't Cry was released), Bauhaus, Dead Kennedy's, Shriekback and the Misfits. I began my love affair with music at a very early age I guess.
Darkbender423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 01:39 PM   #33
Dizzy1313

I hear stories of how much I loved the song "Disco Inferno" because when they sing "Burn baby Burn" I thought they were really talking about babies (like I was at the time). I also loved the Village People (their iconic costumes are so little-kid friendly)
The first tape I ever had was Cyndi Lauper, "She's So Unusual"
The first band I was ever obsessed with was: a-ha
Then I happened upon New Order and Depeche Mode, and the rest of the story is easy to guess from there...
Dizzy1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 05:28 PM   #34
badteccy

First HARDCORE favorite singer-Beck
First favorite type of music-International
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 09:01 AM   #35
CreepyTendencies

When I was younger, my dad used to play records of oldies songs he loved. To this day, he loves telling stories about how I would get up and dance on the coffee table to songs like "At the Hop" and "The Devil Went Down to Georgia." So I suppose that was my favorite at that age, by default, because that's what I was exposed to.

My first favorite that I remember picking personally (as opposed to my parents or friends purchasing it for me) when I was older was Tori Amos, and she's still one of my favorites.
CreepyTendencies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 04:25 AM   #36
Cadaveria Fan

Rap and R n B. Eazy-E, NWA, Run DMC, Curtis Blow, etc.
Cadaveria Fan is offline   Reply With Quote