Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:16 AM   #51
chelseagirl

I have a LOT of friends with tats on thier inner lower lips. They tend to fade quickly and need to be touched up regularly.

here are some of mine

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...rightarm-1.jpg

(the camera flash really washed out the colors in this pic)
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q.../leftarm-1.jpg

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...Random/bat.jpg

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...m/IMG_0645.jpg
Old 07-09-2008, 08:42 AM   #52
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Hey Ophelia, where are your tattoos and what are they?
I have Millay's "First Fig" on my back between my shoulderblades and a pentagram compass as a tramp stamp.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:43 AM   #53
Underwater Ophelia

WOW you have a lot of ink done.

I have to say though, it's all really pretty.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:05 AM   #54
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseagirl
I have a LOT of friends with tats on thier inner lower lips. They tend to fade quickly and need to be touched up regularly.

here are some of mine

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...rightarm-1.jpg

(the camera flash really washed out the colors in this pic)
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q.../leftarm-1.jpg

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...Random/bat.jpg

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...m/IMG_0645.jpg
Those are all awesome.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:22 AM   #55
Cicero

Chelseagirls's tattoos are absolutely gorgeous. I can't decide which I like better, the underwater scene or the bat. Amazing work.

As for my own, I thought when I turned 18 I'd be rushing out to get my first tattoo, but for some reason I've only become more indecisive about it. At the moment my plan is for an Ernst Haeckel seadragon on my upper left arm. My main concern is rushing out to get too many now and then running out of space for the future!

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:54 AM   #56
chelseagirl

aww, thanks!

*blushes*
Old 07-09-2008, 11:22 AM   #57
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseagirl
Pimp ass tat work
That stuff is everything tat work should be.

As for me, I already know what I want (An ankh or Nefertiti's silhouette with colors of the Pan African flag, Siouxsie's eyes, maybe a large bat) I just don't know when to get/put them.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:17 PM   #58
viscus

One or two small tattoos are okay, but I've always found heavy tattooing rather repulsive.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:19 PM   #59
Mistress Lilith

I just have two right now, but I'm hoping that I'll get my third pretty soon. I have a white cala lily on my left hip in memory of my grandmother. I was named after her and she just died about two years ago; she carried white cala lilies as her wedding bouquet and that's what I'm planning on carrying as well. My second tattoo is on my right hip and it is a triple goddess symbol.

I want to get a quote from Rammstein's "Ohne Dich". I love the line "Und die vogel singen nicht mehr". (I will double and triple check the spelling of the German before I go). That song helped me through a really tough time along with the support of my now former/semi/still boyfriend. (really really long story involving polyamory and breakups and multiple lovers). I'd get that across my lower back if I did get it.

Another one I want is five stars that are in a backwards S-curve. I want it on my back below my left shoulder blade. I want thick black outline and no fill color.
Mistress Lilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:04 PM   #60
crucifix

I have got an Ankh on the back of my neck. It is solid and black. Basic, not too fancy, just the way I wanted it. I do warn all new tattoo getters, please take immaculate care of them in the healing prcoess. Mine got infected, scabbed over, bled, and draing pus for nearly a month. Then I had to get it almost completely redone to fix the damage. Just take good care of them.
crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:12 AM   #61
XxBloodyrosexX

I don't have a tattoo,yet. I am WAY to young!! i have to wait till I'm about 20. I believe that would be a good age. I'd want either a pentagram near my clavicle or a small skull with bone 'angel' wings on my lower back by my pant line. Mt friend always draws stuff on me in marker. (she's in my art class and wants to be a tattoo artist.) my mother says it's bad for me but, whatever. it washes off... I have a 3-D looking skull on my arm now. It's good for sharpie. I kind of like like it...
XxBloodyrosexX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:28 AM   #62
XxBloodyrosexX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress Lilith
I want to get a quote from Rammstein's "Ohne Dich". I love the line "Und die vogel singen nicht mehr". (I will double and triple check the spelling of the German before I go). That song helped me through a really tough time along with the support of my now former/semi/still boyfriend. (really really long story involving polyamory and breakups and multiple lovers). I'd get that across my lower back if I did get it.
And the birds sing no longer, that's a good line. If I'd get Rammstein I'd put
'Du hasst mich' just to annoy people. (if they could speak german also)
Man I have to tell Der Teufel! lol, uhh that's what we call the german teacher at my school, he's really nice. He let's us call him that.
XxBloodyrosexX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:18 AM   #63
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxBloodyrosexX
I don't have a tattoo,yet. I am WAY to young!! i have to wait till I'm about 20. I believe that would be a good age. I'd want either a pentagram near my clavicle or a small skull with bone 'angel' wings on my lower back by my pant line. Mt friend always draws stuff on me in marker. (she's in my art class and wants to be a tattoo artist.) my mother says it's bad for me but, whatever. it washes off... I have a 3-D looking skull on my arm now. It's good for sharpie. I kind of like like it...
I wouldn't recomend getting anything small in that area, especially if you don't have any other ink. Tattoos placed there have been given the nickname tramp stamp and it can give people the wrong impression of you...unless you actually are a tramp then it would be the correct impression, but you don't seem like one. If you are really set on that location don't throw it out just because you are worried about what other people think but it is something to consider. Personally I think that tat would look lovely between your shoulder blades.

And about the sharpie being bad for you, some people fear that the inc can get absorbed into your bloodstream through you skin and that it would be toxic, I have never heard of any actual cases where being drawn on has caused any harm to someone
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:52 AM   #64
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
I wouldn't recomend getting anything small in that area, especially if you don't have any other ink. Tattoos placed there have been given the nickname tramp stamp and it can give people the wrong impression of you...unless you actually are a tramp then it would be the correct impression, but you don't seem like one.
If anyone actually believes that someone with a tramp stamp is a tramp, that person is the one with the problem, not you.
Seriously, the reason it's called a tramp stamp isn't because tramps often have those, it's because people just decided to call it a tramp stamp.

Quote:
And about the sharpie being bad for you, some people fear that the inc can get absorbed into your bloodstream through you skin and that it would be toxic, I have never heard of any actual cases where being drawn on has caused any harm to someone
I'm pretty positive it doesn't work that way, because the skin isn't permeable like that.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:58 AM   #65
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
If anyone actually believes that someone with a tramp stamp is a tramp, that person is the one with the problem, not you.
Seriously, the reason it's called a tramp stamp isn't because tramps often have those, it's because people just decided to call it a tramp stamp.
I never said that it made her a tramp, I just said that it could give people the wrong impression. And they did get their name from tramps having them, plenty of guys also refer to them as bullseyes because it allows them to target the easy girls. It is fucking stupid but that doesn't stop it from happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
I'm pretty positive it doesn't work that way, because the skin isn't permeable like that.
That is why there haven't been any cases of it happening but there is still a fear floating around (mainly among parents) that this could happen.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 07-15-2008, 11:09 AM   #66
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
I never said that it made her a tramp, I just said that it could give people the wrong impression. And they did get their name from tramps having them, plenty of guys also refer to them as bullseyes because it allows them to target the easy girls. It is fucking stupid but that doesn't stop it from happening.

Just FYI, wasn't trying to be hostile.
Just sayin'.

But seriously...TONS of girls have that tattoo. Most of them are nice girls.
It's just a good choice for tattoo placement. Lots of skin there that's not likely to stretch too much.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:15 AM   #67
Solumina

I wasn't trying to be hostile either I just have a few friends who have them and I know that they have had to deal with more then their fair share from stupid boys and I know dealing with that kind of crap can really wear on some people so I wanted to warn Rose that it may be something to consider.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 07-19-2008, 11:16 AM   #68
Denny's Grand Slam

When i turn 18 i'm getting two definite tats, and i've been thinking about them for about 2 years now.
I want to get the pentagram on my left palm just like Richard Ramirez (The Night Stalker).

and I want to get the word FUCK on my right hand knuckles, and SHIT on my left hand knuckles.

Who said tattoos have to be meaningful? Pshh.
Denny's Grand Slam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 12:47 PM   #69
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny's Grand Slam
When i turn 18 i'm getting two definite tats, and i've been thinking about them for about 2 years now.
I want to get the pentagram on my left palm just like Richard Ramirez (The Night Stalker).

and I want to get the word FUCK on my right hand knuckles, and SHIT on my left hand knuckles.

Wow.
That kind of thing excludes you even from the custodial arts.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:16 PM   #70
Technowitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny's Grand Slam

Sir, I do hope you're trollin', because that is probably the worst idea for body art I've ever heard. If you get tatts like that done, you'd have to wear long sleeves and gloves every day just to keep a job; not even in sewage management are you likely to find a boss who'll hire someone dumb enough to tattoo four-letter words to their knuckles in an attempt to be OMG SO HARDCORE!!1

Tatts don't have to be meaningful, but at least avoid getting any that would relegate you to being a jobless drain on society. =/
Technowitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 02:12 PM   #71
Bete Noire

I think I'm gona try get my first ink done in France in a couple of weeks. the age limit is a lot lower there. Just need to finalise the design first.
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 02:23 PM   #72
Methadrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bete Noire
I think I'm gona try get my first ink done in France in a couple of weeks. the age limit is a lot lower there. Just need to finalise the design first.
Lower age limit? What's the limit where you live?

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 02:32 PM   #73
Bete Noire

I think the limit in France is 15, but I'm still checking.

Edit: I'm reading a lot of varying things about the limit. But most of them seem to agree that it can be done with Parental Consent, so hopefully they're right. Otherwise it's back to waiting a couple more years.
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 02:47 PM   #74
honeythorn

I may get another done by the guy in Whitby. He did my bee and it's really nice, I'm particularly pleased with the shading on the wings . A lot of people have recommended him.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:20 PM   #75
NightmareInShiningArmour

I have a little "tattoo" on my left ankle. It's not really anything. It's a really dodgy pentagram thing that I did when I was 12 with a razor and some calligraphy ink. I wanna get a scythe on my inner thigh. I'll do that some day... Maybe next year? I'm gonna get some sort of thing on my back, preferably a big piece. I want "Your Name" tattooed on my ass. I want wrist tattoos too. Maybe a sleeve of something I like. One thing that I REALLY want, maybe I'll get it done first when I'm 18 are knuckle tattoos. I'm still trying to figure out what I want. I could do them myself right now if I wanted (though I'm at lack of razors, I was made to throw them out by my girlfriend) except my parents would notice. And I'm only 14. If I got tattoos before I was 18 I'd wanna get them where no one can see them. The one on my ankle is faded and no one really looks at it. The only place I could get it done without my parents finding out is on my thigh.
NightmareInShiningArmour is offline   Reply With Quote