Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 04-26-2008, 11:05 PM   #1
Opteron_Man

How often does one meet his/her hero?

People all have role models, heros, people you look up to, people you admire.
Whatever you want to call this person, how often do you actully meet this person? This person could be so many things, such as;

a movie star, an inventer, a singer, leader of a country, just to name a very small number of examples.

I met a hero of mine last week over the phone. I had allways wanted to talk to him. His name is William R. Lyne. He is a scientist, Inventer. He invented among other things, the Atomic Hydrogen Furnace. He also reveals information about Nikola Tesla and the theory behind the flying saucer. I talked to him for wll over two hours. He explaned many things to me. It was great! I had the pleasure of talking about some free energy devices with him too. I plan to talk with him again.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:12 PM   #2
raggedyanne

I got to meet David Bowie through a musician friend of mine, and Colin Powell is my friend's uncle. So I've been pretty lucky so far.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:36 PM   #3
prophecyofdoom

I cherish the brief flash of memory I have of Robert Plant holding my hand when I was like two. Other than that I can't say I've met heroes, role models, and such in real life... Probably because most of them are fictional characters. Of course, there are aspects of people I know that I admire and seek to emulate, and I see them all the time.

Help us to be the always hopeful
Gardeners of the spirit
Who know that without darkness
Nothing comes to birth
As without light
Nothing flowers
-May Sarton
prophecyofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:30 AM   #4
Tea and Cake or Death

My hero is John Lennon. I'm thinking that meeting him isn't gonna happen.
Tea and Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:23 AM   #5
DeathToLems

My hero is my cat. She pwns at life and I intend to follow her lead.
DeathToLems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:33 AM   #6
le_revenant

I've partly outgrown wanting to meet people I admire or hold in high enough esteem to call them "heroes" because of the danger that they'll turn out to be real a$$holes. Most of the times I've met people I admired I've lucked out that they were gracious enough to put up with yet one more fan, lol.

One guy, the bass player of this band I really like, was cool enough to chat & seemed to really enjoy conversing with normal shmoes like me, even autographing anything you put before him. Hell he was even thankful when I told him that my ex & I considered one of his band's songs "our" song when we were together.

His guitar player, however, was another story, giving me & others who tried to talk to him this "what are you, a moron?" expression everytime we said anything to him. Mind you, none of us rushed him or got demanding or anything so we don't know what provoked him. That band's chick singer is even more notorious for copping an attitude. And this is a band that remained more of a "cult band" than become anything huge.

So now I'm content to just admire from afar & remember pop band Lush's lyric off their last CD: "I love you (but) I don't want to meet you..."
le_revenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:24 AM   #7
Duane

I think my dreams would come true, before I meet my hero. Meaning, it's never going to happen.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:51 AM   #8
KontanKarite

I've hugged my "hero" twice.

I have, however, talked to several peeps from more well known underground bands. Thrill Kill Kult, Cruxshadows, Ego Likeness, Voltaire...

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 05:01 AM   #9
disorder

My heros are my friends Amber and Sam. I'm being totally serious. They're fucking troopers and I love them to bits.

I see Amber most days, but Sam, about once a month if I'm lucky. Oh wellz.
disorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 02:00 PM   #10
Pantherlette086

My mom is my hero. She's been through so much in life and always did whatever she had to to take care of me and my siblings.
Pantherlette086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 03:06 PM   #11
Cen0bite

Rogue is sorta my hero. I would looove to have a conversation with him atleast once before i die. lol.

Pinhead: What you think of as pain is a shadow. Pain has a face. Allow me to show it to you. Gentlemen, I... Am... Pain
-Hellraiser:Bloodline
Cen0bite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 08:04 PM   #12
witchking

I'm going to meet Bowie....
Somehow.
witchking is offline   Reply With Quote