Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 10-27-2006, 05:44 PM   #1
BATANGEL

staying in feeling rough

I know that its a sad little rant but im fed up, its friday night and everyone is out at the brother hood of metal gig and im at home because i feel like shit and am so tired! its just ive got the weekend off and its been ages since my last weekend off and instead of being out misbehaving im staying in because i worked so bloody hard over the last 10 days that ive worn myself out!!!! Problem is when i get worn down the things about my job REALLY get to me, i generally leave work at work but today........i sat there holding this old guys hand as the doctors told him that his wife was dying............it just really got to me.........oh bugger........tears......sorry guys--needed to get it out.........i'll be ok tomorrow just need some sleep.
BATANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 06:38 PM   #2
chain ring

Yeah, sleep and maybe something stupid funny on t.v. Got anybody you can call?
chain ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 06:35 AM   #3
She_Is_My_Sin

Don't worry, I'm a bit peed off about being stuck indoors whilst everyone else runs about having fun. It's my half term off, but the amount of homework I've recieved has kept me in. Plus the fact I've had a cold. My friends have all been out doing stuff & I'd love to join in, but I can't afford to.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 06:42 AM   #4
DarkHeartedDemoness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATANGEL
I know that its a sad little rant but im fed up, its friday night and everyone is out at the brother hood of metal gig and im at home because i feel like shit and am so tired! its just ive got the weekend off and its been ages since my last weekend off and instead of being out misbehaving im staying in because i worked so bloody hard over the last 10 days that ive worn myself out!!!! Problem is when i get worn down the things about my job REALLY get to me, i generally leave work at work but today........i sat there holding this old guys hand as the doctors told him that his wife was dying............it just really got to me.........oh bugger........tears......sorry guys--needed to get it out.........i'll be ok tomorrow just need some sleep.
You need a self-soothe. I'm a day late to tell you this, I know, but with a high stress job like yours this sort of thing may come up again. Self-soothe is something that appeals to all of your 5 senses, and soothes them, which calms your mind. So, light a yummy-smelling candle (vanilla's very comforting, or if you're looking for a floral scent, I recommend lavender or gardenia), put on your snuggliest PJ's and wrap up in a blanket, drink some cocoa, put in a relaxing CD (might I recommend Lorie Line? She's an amazing pianist) and read a book. You've got all 5 senses covered, and you'll probably be quite pleased with the result.
This is something I learned in the hospital as a coping mechanism for anxiety, but I've found that it's quite effective for non-anxiety-ridden people, too. And if you're having a stressful BUSY day, you can do a quick self-soothe for just one of your senses. It helps, I promise.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 09:33 AM   #5
BATANGEL

what an amazing idea!!!! thats fantastic! im so going to try that next time or any time i need some me time, thanks for listening guys, its just nice to know that i could rant to an understanding crowd *big Hugs to everyone*
am off out tonight to.......she is my sin, dark hearted demoness and chain ring......you joining me?
BATANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 10:11 AM   #6
She_Is_My_Sin

I'm staying in with a mahoosive pile of drama & Elizabethan history homework to do...*sob*
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 12:24 PM   #7
DarkHeartedDemoness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATANGEL
what an amazing idea!!!! thats fantastic! im so going to try that next time or any time i need some me time, thanks for listening guys, its just nice to know that i could rant to an understanding crowd *big Hugs to everyone*
am off out tonight to.......she is my sin, dark hearted demoness and chain ring......you joining me?
Nope-- I've got an anniversary date with the love of my life who, sadly, doesn't appreciate Halloween. So we'll be going out, but not for Tricky Treaty Rolicks.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 06:01 PM   #8
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I must say, I am 14 years old and incapable of being able to drive myself anywhere. My parents are too busy to take me anywhere, and I have no friends who wanna hang out with a loser like me when I am stuck here. So alas I am stuck at home, every weekend. Bored. Unless I can get to see my boyfriend, which is almost impossible lately. His mom hates me. It's really starting to bother me. Sometimes, I pity myself.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote