Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 03-29-2006, 08:16 AM   #1
gkb

Prague trip

Hello all.

I am going to Prague next month, and I was wondering if there was anyone here who had been before.

If so – it is a good place to visit, and are there any sites/events that can’t be missed?
gkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 08:27 AM   #2
DirtyBlonde

The only thing I know about Prague is that it's LEGAL to have sex in public. Interesting little tidbit...
DirtyBlonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:26 AM   #3
Queenofdarkness57

I stayed in Prague for a day on my way to Paris. It's not a modern city, but there are castles which are absoultely MAGNIFICANT. But if I were you, I would choose somewhere else to go to, it's kind of boring.
P.S What really freaked me out( no offense to anyone from Chezch). but women kind of look like men and vice versa. hih
Old 03-29-2006, 09:28 AM   #4
Queenofdarkness57

I stayed in Prague for a day on my way to Paris. It's not a modern city, but there are castles which are absoultely MAGNIFICANT. But if I were you, I would choose somewhere else to go to, it's kind of boring.
P.S What really freaked me out( no offense to anyone from Czech(sp?), but women kind of look like men and vice versa. hih
Old 03-29-2006, 10:28 AM   #5
Queenofdarkness57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
D'you suppose Androgyny is the style in Prague?
I think so, they seem to have some physical traits which are attributed to the opposite sex. But I'm not sure, if the people I saw were only exceptions( although there were plenty), since as I posted before I only stayed for a day.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:17 PM   #6
Nike

D'oh, Prague is a wonderful place, there's so much to see there, you can hardly miss the castles....they have a Kafka museum, too, and don't miss the Mucha exhibitions, if you like arts.
Actually, when I was there in November, I went only for an arts workshop, so I missed most of the sites, but it was still exciting.
I stayed at the Golden Sickle hostel in the very center of Prague, it was quite cheap and a nice and relaxed place to stay.

for the must sees I'd recommand this thread over ca, they did that for the workshop and there are some really great hints and nice photos:

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=49970

and don't miss the czech beer

have a great stay there!
Old 03-30-2006, 12:30 AM   #7
gkb

I gather Prague has a lot of things to photograph – I will have to fork out for a 128MB memory card for my camera to replace the paltry 16MB card I have at the moment.

I have also been told that the beer is incredibly cheap, so it looks like the only major cost will be the flights to and from Cardiff.

Information has come my way to watch out for drug dealers and ladies of the night, so it should be an interesting trip!
gkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 01:04 PM   #8
darkmartin82

I've been there 4 years ago, it was a nice place to walk around in, see things and even shop (for as far as I do such things).

as long as you avoid main street shop, they are expencive, even to my standards (as a Westener), you'll be fine.

accept the shopping, food and public transport used to be cheap.
have fun,
darkmartin82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 01:14 PM   #9
Queenofdarkness57

And buy crystals, they're beautiful and cheaper than any other country.