Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:02 AM   #1
TungstenMouse

Body's reaction to jewelry?

I recently started wearing my jewelry, specifically necklaces, more often. This includes sleeping with at least one necklace on. In the past I would only wear them for a couple hours and then remove them.

I expected a few bruises but now there is this rough red patch below my collar bone. Is this normal or something to worry about? I was thinking it might just be a callous but it itches sometimes so maybe my jewelry is to blame? Thanks.
TungstenMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:36 AM   #2
Grausamkeit

Have you had allergies to specific metals before? If the chain is rough it could just be rubbing you and chafing.

I almost never take off the necklace with my grandmother's ashes. The chain used to rub and irritate me, now it doesn't bother me in the slightest. If the rash gets worse, go see a doctor. If it it is just irritation wear the necklace for a week and see if it still irritates. Even a wedding ring will rub and chafe your finger until you're used to having it on 24/7.

That's my experience, anyway. There may be another poster with better advice than mine.
Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:45 AM   #3
TungstenMouse

I have no metal allergies that I know of but I'll keep it in mind. Thanks so much for the suggestions.
TungstenMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:14 PM   #4
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
I wore a silver necklace that was a gift from my dear sister everyday (I removed it for sleeping or bathing), but after a few months I developed tags, and had to stop wearing it. The tags were a neat oval exactly along the line where it hung on my neck. I got laser treatment for the tags and haven't had any more since. And yes, I kept the necklace clean, to keep the tarnish away.

Come to think of it, maybe the tarnish remover was the culprit!

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote