Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 12-20-2007, 04:05 PM   #51
wonderland

I've always disliked that concept. Sex is fun. It becomes significantly less fun when you stop experiencing certain body parts as sexualized. Is it possible to view breasts simply as body parts performing a function? Sure. But who the fuck would want to do that? I like being sexually attracted to and distracted by breasts. It's hot.
wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:19 PM   #52
Xombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderland
I've always disliked that concept. Sex is fun. It becomes significantly less fun when you stop experiencing certain body parts as sexualized. Is it possible to view breasts simply as body parts performing a function? Sure. But who the fuck would want to do that? I like being sexually attracted to and distracted by breasts. It's hot.
Okay, very good point. I suppose it wouldn't be NEARLY as fun to not be able to "go there." The entire privacy of it all makes it seem like you're passing a boundary, and it makes it risky and fun.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:41 PM   #53
badteccy

I like clothing. I get to show off my sweet styleZ with it.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:54 PM   #54
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xombie
Okay, very good point. I suppose it wouldn't be NEARLY as fun to not be able to "go there." The entire privacy of it all makes it seem like you're passing a boundary, and it makes it risky and fun.
Not really, unless you guys can't use one thing for two purposes.

Actually, it's kind of insulting to imply that breasts have to be sexualized, or that them just being seen is a sexual thing.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 05:12 PM   #55
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
This is the idea that women should be allowed to be topfree in the same places men are, such as beaches, pools, and parks.

I'm all for it, what do you all think?
I don't see why we aren't already. I've seen women on the beach walking around with bikinis that are so skimpy that they're basically just strings over nipples. Which doesn't leave much to the imagination whatsoever.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 05:59 PM   #56
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
That was one of the stupidest fucking things I've ever heard.
Well if you didn't notice I said possible reasons, to each person their own reasons who are you to question another person's possible motives.

Also quite Frankly I have just about had enough of your pisshat attitude, I've never attacked you yet you deliberately insult without hesitation one who only desires a peaceful co-existance with you on this website. I have put up with you for a long time. I have thusfar respect your words you opinions and whatnot but frankly your opinions only seem to eventualy lead to words of anger which I cannot respect. You can take this post one of two ways, as constructive criticism, or just get pissed off by a reaction to your own actions.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 06:02 PM   #57
Godslayer Jillian

But they were stupid things.
They weren't even reasons; they were rationalizations, and pretty weak ones at that.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 06:10 PM   #58
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
But they were stupid things.
They weren't even reasons; they were rationalizations, and pretty weak ones at that.
Brainstorming ok? But it's not just this time I'm talking about every response I've ever gotten from her.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 12-20-2007, 06:26 PM   #59
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus
Well if you didn't notice I said possible reasons, to each person their own reasons who are you to question another person's possible motives.

Also quite Frankly I have just about had enough of your pisshat attitude, I've never attacked you yet you deliberately insult without hesitation one who only desires a peaceful co-existance with you on this website. I have put up with you for a long time. I have thusfar respect your words you opinions and whatnot but frankly your opinions only seem to eventualy lead to words of anger which I cannot respect. You can take this post one of two ways, as constructive criticism, or just get pissed off by a reaction to your own actions.
If you don't like my attitude, fine. I don't care, you can either block me or just choose to ignore me.

And they were fucking stupid. Orgasms in public...? From not wearing a top at a beach or pool? Are you missing parts of your brain?
Old 12-20-2007, 06:26 PM   #60
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Brainstorming ok? But it's not just this time I'm talking about every response I've ever gotten from her.
Stop saying dumb things?
Old 12-20-2007, 06:26 PM   #61
fiends

Well, if all people were naked all the time, then it wouldn't be taboo.
If it wasn't taboo, the sexual reactions wouldn't be so intense (at least not for me) and reproduction would end up on a need-to-live-on basis.

But, I'd hate for another man to see a girlfriend of mine naked or topless. ._.
fiends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 06:29 PM   #62
korinna5555

If women were allowed to go topless, I bet that men would oogle for a while. After that, it would just mellow out, and everything would be fine.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:43 PM   #63
Renatus

Quote:
Stop saying dumb things?
Bleh where to start on this one. People say dumb things we are only human, your post count seems to attest to that fact. You're not perfect, and your idea of stupid isn't either. Again I standby the fact that you seem to have a hat smelling and covered in piss on your head every single time you make a comment to me, where does it say you have to act like that? Do you see me going around like that every single time you slip up? Where the hell do you get off thinking you should act like that? Where is the logic in your very deliberate actions?

Old 12-20-2007, 07:00 PM   #64
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Bleh where to start on this one. People say dumb things we are only human, your post count seems to attest to that fact. You're not perfect, and your idea of stupid isn't either. Again I standby the fact that you seem to have a hat smelling and covered in piss on your head every single time you make a comment to me, where does it say you have to act like that? Do you see me going around like that every single time you slip up? Where the hell do you get off thinking you should act like that? Where is the logic in your very deliberate actions?
I'm sorry, you've been misinformed.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:24 PM   #65
Wormboy

In one state it defines nudity as exposed reproductive organs, in that state women can legally walk around naked, but men can't.

There are a few reasons it shouldn't be legal for women to walk around topless.

1) A girl who walks around topless is sending out a **** me signal.
2) At what age would this be allowed? Do you want to tell me it should be legal for twelve or thirteen or fourteen year old girls to walk around topless? Younger? Another **** me beacon.
3) Honestly, what would you gain by walking around topless? Comfort? Equality? You would lose the respect of many people. Honestly every other guy might ogle you, but you would have no respect from anyone.

Equality for the sake of Equality is just stupidity.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 08:29 PM   #66
wonderland

Quote:
Actually, it's kind of insulting to imply that breasts have to be sexualized, or that them just being seen is a sexual thing.
I'm sorry, but to say you're insulted by the idea of sex organs being treated as sex organs is silly. I'm not running around telling women to stop breast-feeding because I think their breasts are sexually attractive and should serve no other purpose. I'm merely saying that to deliberately numb yourself to the sexual implications of any sex organs, just so you can parade them around in public, doesn't make sense. Why on Earth would you want to purposefully cease being aroused by something that's meant to be arousing? We have a built-in response to sex organs. It's how reproduction happens. It's also a great deal of fun. I don't understand why anyone would want to put effort into making that stop. Possibly you do. And that's cool. I was simply offering my opinion, since you asked for it and all.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:51 PM   #67
Beneath the Shadows

But... breasts aren't sex organs.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 08:58 PM   #68
raggedyanne

I say, if you're comfortable with breeze between your boobies, let em out. BUt saggers, support the twins, for your sakes and ours. It is my personal opinion that europe has it right. Anyway, breasts are secondary sex characteristics serving the purpose of attracting a mate and housing the organs that produce food for their "young".
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 03:41 AM   #69
wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
But... breasts aren't sex organs.
They aren't primary sex organs, no. But if you haven't discovered their secondary sexual characteristics, it's possible you're doing something wrong.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:15 AM   #70
TopHaggardDoll

Quote:
Plus, if we can't go topless because some people are saggy, shouldn't ugly people be confined to their homes because some people "don't want to look at that?"
mmhmm, I don't wanna look at some dude's man boobs...but I don't care if they're topless at the beach. It's just someone's body they have the right to go out and not be harrassed and all that crap. Not everyone is going to be attractive to everyone, people should get over that and stop being immature about it.

And renatus.....that was the most ridiculous thing I have EVER heard in my life.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:21 AM   #71
TopHaggardDoll

Quote:
They aren't primary sex organs, no. But if you haven't discovered their secondary sexual characteristics, it's possible you're doing something wrong.
.......they're just boobs!

You're not going to be aroused randomly...particularly on the beach when you've got sand up your bleedin' arse.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:03 AM   #72
gothicusmaximus

Women going topless is just another example of a victimless crime established by laws which exists for no good reason.
However, although I think women certainly should be free to go topless, I'm not sure how many would want to. As a man who is by no means unfit physically, I feel self-concious and exposed when I remove my shirt, so I can imagine that girls might be reluctant to bear their boobs, which are sexualized and not unjustifiably so, for all to see.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 07:10 AM   #73
ApothoKeri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormboy
In one state it defines nudity as exposed reproductive organs, in that state women can legally walk around naked, but men can't.

2) At what age would this be allowed? Do you want to tell me it should be legal for twelve or thirteen or fourteen year old girls to walk around topless? Younger? Another **** me beacon.
3) Honestly, what would you gain by walking around topless? Comfort? Equality? You would lose the respect of many people. Honestly every other guy might ogle you, but you would have no respect from anyone.

Honestly I can't agree with any of this. And it works fine for women to go to the beach, etc. topless in every place that I have even gone where it is not only legal but very normal. As to your post.

---1) A girl who walks around topless is sending out a **** me signal.---

Women who go around topless on a beach or so are not soliciting sex or sending out signals to be fucked as you put it. At least not any more than a topless man is. There will always be exceptions to the rule clothed or not and on a beach or at a grocery store. And yea, men have a different chest than we women do and we, women, see that, exposed at every pool and beach. Do we look? Sure sometimes and other times not. Does it matter really? No. Most topless women are there to get a proper tan without tan lines, other perhaps to enjoy the view and not have a heat stroke in a place that is over 100 degrees, full sun and crazy humidity. It really is as simple as that. As for women sending this signal, I will put this to you as tactfully as possible. So let's reverse the situation, something that you may not be aware of, men, in general, will ALWAYS be sex objects to women. I am not saying that is all men are by any means but this is how women see men and I would assume how men see women (within a heterosexual context at least). Yet men are fine with no shirt on legally. They are exposing the same area, in a slightly different shape. Body parts that are not used for reproduction and parts different that we, as women, have. Are they all sending out signals to be fucked by showing a male chest that we don't have? No, well not usually, neither are the women.

---2) At what age would this be allowed? Do you want to tell me it should be legal for twelve or thirteen or fourteen year old girls to walk around topless? Younger? Another **** me beacon. ---

Same as I stated above. For all ages.

---3) Honestly, what would you gain by walking around topless? Comfort? Equality? You would lose the respect of many people. Honestly every other guy might ogle you, but you would have no respect from anyone.----

What respect? That is like saying men should be covered from head to toe as not to show body hair on legs, arms, etc. as not to lose respect from women that are not naturally hairy...as it is only a male and distinctly male characteristic to have all of this hair everywhere. Again I think you are looking in the wrong direction here. It is not about people staring or not or anything else. It's about the fact the we, women, can get ARRESTED and need a lawyer, have a legal conviction and later a criminal record for getting a good tan, swimming, hanging out at a hotel pool, etc. just like a man can when they show their distinctly male characteristics like body hair and muscular (as opposed to round and fat tissue) nipples.

Overall, It's not as complicated as you make it out to. As I said, we see men do it all the time, and women (yes younger ones too) in all of France, Italy, Spain, Germany, etc. and it has hardly caused the collapse of western civilization thus far.

Just saying...
ApothoKeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 08:41 AM   #74
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
I'm sorry, but to say you're insulted by the idea of sex organs being treated as sex organs is silly. I'm not running around telling women to stop breast-feeding because I think their breasts are sexually attractive and should serve no other purpose. I'm merely saying that to deliberately numb yourself to the sexual implications of any sex organs, just so you can parade them around in public, doesn't make sense. Why on Earth would you want to purposefully cease being aroused by something that's meant to be arousing? We have a built-in response to sex organs. It's how reproduction happens. It's also a great deal of fun. I don't understand why anyone would want to put effort into making that stop. Possibly you do. And that's cool. I was simply offering my opinion, since you asked for it and all.
I'm insulted because you're implying that seeing them would desensitize someone. I don't know about you, but I rely on more than just taking my top off to arouse someone.
There's a lot more to it than that.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:45 AM   #75
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormboy

1. Once again, that is the MAN'S fault. And, you could say anything else is a r.ape me signal. Wearing miniskirts, wearing corsets, have pretty makeup, wearing shoes...
Plus, r.ape is almost never a sex issue, it's a violence issue. Ever notice how "ugly," elderly, and obese women get *****? It's not like it's all "hot" chicks.

2. I think officially it should be for all ages. If you don't want your daughter to take her top off at a swimming pool--don't let her. You can say, "Oh, what if she doesn't listen?" Well, then that's your fault for raising a kid like that.

3. What would women gain? Yes, it would be comfort and equality. You see, the latter doesn't matter much to you, because you've never been in our situation. And honestly, if someone would lose respect for me because I can handle being topless, I'd rather not spend time with them anyway.