Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 04-21-2010, 05:02 PM   #1
MacabreHellgrave

Morrowind, Oblivion, and mods

Who plays these games first of all, and secondly, if you play the PC versions, what mods do you like to play with?

For the land of Vvardenfell, aka Morrowind I usually have a cocktail of Better Bodies, a few of the vampire face mods by people like AlienSlof (who unfortunately, doesn't mod too much anymore due to abuse and lack of sufficient respect given to the work she put in), Carnithus' Armamentarium, and Cortex' Vampire Embrace mod, for characters that I want to be vampires but don't want to be public enemy number one because of it. Ordinators still want to tan my unliving hide though, gotta say.

For Oblivion, I found this really cool necromancy mod where you can cause heads, hearts, bones, etc to rain from the sky (that do damage to NPCs as well as yourself if you're not careful). You can also more or less cause someone's flesh to be eaten away by daedra (demon spirits) and summon your own horde of zombies. Other things I typically like in my Oblivion game are the ability to have an alternate method to starting the game, as I always found the first dungeon to being rather long... or maybe I've just played the game too often :P

There's one called Duke City where you basically warp to a medium sized area where everything is 21st century, which is quite cool too.
MacabreHellgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:56 AM   #2
Malice In Wonderland

Daggerfall's where it's at.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:17 AM   #3
Tam Li Hua

I've only ever played Oblivion, but I only got halfway through before I lost interest/life got in the way.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:38 PM   #4
MacabreHellgrave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice In Wonderland View Post
Daggerfall's where it's at.
I've never played Daggerfall, but I've always wanted to. I like the universe of the Elder Scrolls; there's so much lore there to work with and such. I've seen a few race mods for Oblivion pertaining to things from Akaviri, or well, the developer's take on the Orient. Blood-sucking snakes, and talking monkeys.... oh my! :P
MacabreHellgrave is offline   Reply With Quote