Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:06 PM   #1
Lolly PopMuzik

Gaia+40 year olds on the internet=

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/s...st/8140201.stm

Quote:
Police in France have arrested a man who allegedly tried to abduct a 12-year-old Scottish girl he met through a social networking website.

The 41-year-old Belgian national was detained at Marseilles Airport where he is said to have tried to board a flight with the girl.

French police said the schoolgirl was from Glasgow and was on holiday with her family in Provence.

She had met the man after contact through a website called Gaia.

Detectives said she had believed him to be in his 20s and had secretly arranged to meet him.

According to the authorities they travelled to Marseilles Airport where the man abandoned the girl when he realised she did not have a passport.

He was arrested on board a flight to Madrid just minutes before it was due to take off.

The man has been charged with child abduction and remains in custody.

He is said to be a wealthy Belgian, who lives in Madrid.

The girl and her family have since returned to the UK.
FUCKING GAIA.

But seriously, I wouldn't be shocked if he had a track record of this if he got arrested before takeoff and can't believe her parents didn't take any note of her sneaking off to meet him or keeping such a tight lid on her internet activities.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:46 PM   #2
MegearaErotica

It's not Gaiaonline's fault that the girl willingly agreed to meet with a stranger secretly. I'm a little surprised that he posed as a man in his mid-twenties instead of younger though.
Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you. If I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.
-Monty Python and the Holy Grail
MegearaErotica is offline   Reply With Quote