Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 07-30-2011, 08:07 AM   #1
CptSternn

Obama's and Bush's effects on the deficit in one graph

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...file_multiline

Quote:
What’s also important, but not evident, on this chart is that Obama’s major expenses were temporary — the stimulus is over now — while Bush’s were, effectively, recurring. The Bush tax cuts didn’t just lower revenue for 10 years. It’s clear now that they lowered it indefinitely, which means this chart is understating their true cost. Similarly, the Medicare drug benefit is costing money on perpetuity, not just for two or three years. And Boehner, Ryan and others voted for these laws and, in some cases, helped to craft and pass them.

To relate this specifically to the debt-ceiling debate, we’re not raising the debt ceiling because of the new policies passed in the past two years. We’re raising the debt ceiling because of the accumulated effect of policies passed in recent decades, many of them under Republicans. It’s convenient for whichever side isn’t in power, or wasn’t recently in power, to blame the debt ceiling on the other party. But it isn’t true.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:27 PM   #2
VXTip

yep, america is screwed.
VXTip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:59 PM   #3
Deadmanwalking_05

Who in the blue hell has been trying to FUCKING WARN EVERYBODY?

oh yeah....IT WAS ME!

I'M READY FOR THE BASTARDS...MOLON LABE! if you fucking can.

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:24 PM   #4
Alan

You've been warning all along that Obama is nowhere near as bad as Bush?
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:08 PM   #5
Still Jack

Who gives a fuck? I mean, realistically, there is absolutely nothing normal people like you and I can do about this kind of shit. So I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to be chilling hard listening to some smooth Jazz and supping a cold one while watching the world set fire to itself in complete contentment.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:34 PM   #6
Syconycteris australis

I love it how politicians think they can run countries on debt, where if they ran their own homes that way, they'd have gone bankrupt years ago.

It's not rocket science. Stop spending, start paying it off! God dam morons!
Syconycteris australis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:26 AM   #7
Alan

Well, that's a lot of rage for someone that doesn't understand either politics or economics.
real classy
Old 08-03-2011, 08:02 PM   #8
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Well, that's a lot of rage for someone that doesn't understand either politics or economics.
If you are talking about me, I understand economics and politics and how countries run. You owe money, you need to pay it off. Tax those who can afford it and help those who can't.

So stop fishing Alan. It's not rage.

Hell I don't care what happens to the US. Australia's economy is pretty solid at the moment, we might get a little sniffle if the US has their credit rating downgraded. If I was an american though, I'd be protesting to my politicians to tell them I want them to make the hard choices now, not stick their heads in the sand and ignore it (which is what they have all done up to now).

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:49 PM   #9
AshleyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
If you are talking about me, I understand economics and politics and how countries run. You owe money, you need to pay it off. Tax those who can afford it and help those who can't.

So stop fishing Alan. It's not rage.
This is the first time you posted in the thread. He wasn't talking to you. So why talk like he's been doing just that?

Quote:
Hell I don't care what happens to the US. Australia's economy is pretty solid at the moment, we might get a little sniffle if the US has their credit rating downgraded. If I was an american though, I'd be protesting to my politicians to tell them I want them to make the hard choices now, not stick their heads in the sand and ignore it (which is what they have all done up to now).
God. You're so busted in the head.
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:55 PM   #10
Alan

Fruitbat, what the fuck?
real classy
Old 08-03-2011, 08:59 PM   #11
Alan

Ah, I see, you have two accounts for some reason.
Well I still stand for what I said. Saying "God dam morons"[sic] to the air is a pretty raging comment.
And you clearly do not understand the concept of deficit spending, a cornerstone of Keynesian economics, and something that Australia also does.
real classy
Old 08-04-2011, 04:08 PM   #12
Fruitbat

Aww AshleyO, you say the sweetest things.

Alan - look I do care about the american economy, I just wish the politicians would get over their childish bickering and do something for the people and for the country. America can't take another hit.

As for studying economy, I'd rather watch paint dry or grass grow. That is one seriously boring subject.

Old 08-04-2011, 05:18 PM   #13
Alan

And yet you feel entitled to call people that understand economics more than you morons.
real classy
Old 08-04-2011, 08:46 PM   #14
AshleyO

Fruitbat, this thread is about economics and you hadn't said anything and then came in, assuming that we'd actually be talking about you as if somehow this whole thread had some sort of Fruitbat subtext.

Are you crazy or just plain dumb?

Really, I've never seen some shit like that on the internet before. o_0
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:09 PM   #15
Alan

The weird name I'm not even gonna care to type is another account of Fruitbat.

So not crazy, just dumb.
real classy
Old 08-06-2011, 01:52 PM   #16
Gothic.net

I guess we made $126 billion bombing Libya and Yemen? Good thing there are $0 in defense spending until 2017+. That stuff is costly.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:17 PM   #17
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
And yet you feel entitled to call people that understand economics more than you morons.
Alan, I was calling politicians morons. I saw an interview with a bunch of republicans (and like our opposition here) all they could say about the Standard and Poors downgrade of the USA's credit was "Well it's all Obama's fault"

I thought it was all their faults. Because for quite a few years now, the politicians have been agreeing to increasing the debt ceiling and the debt has just been going up and up.

I would have thought that they could have looked to other countries, say Japan, where their debt ratio is something like 130% of GDP to see how financially screwed up a country can get if there national debt isn't reigned in.

What will happen is that a generation in the future is going to have to pay for their mistakes now.

Alan the weird name is a scientific name for a bat. And yes I did open a second account because I was being stalked under this account, but then I decided I couldn't be bothered and if anyone wanted to stalk me on the internet then they really need to get a life.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:33 PM   #18
Alan

It's really confusing that you're talking badly about Republicans yet you're just mouthing off their rhetoric.
"Stop spending, start paying it off! God dam morons!"

That's what Republicans are saying. I'd ask you that how you account for that inconsistency, but you've already said you know nothing about economics in the first place.
real classy