Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:57 PM   #1
300pockets

Location: Planet Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe, Dimension 3
Question Advice on a problem of theft by a (shudders) jock/preppy?

So.

I knew a boy who was sort of geeky/nerdy for the two years I knew him. We met in 7th grade, we're freshman now, but at different schools. Then, he became a jock. Whoop-dee-doo. He said 'It's not going to change anything' and 'If my friends say anything about you, I'll tell them that they're wrong' after we started becoming more than friends. We were both sXe, so yeah, it was all sweet.

Of course, it all changes after the popularity, the girls, etc. He became a total jerk to me. He pretended he didn't know me, spread stuff, etc. The standard.

He has a videogame of mine and refuses to give it back. How do I get it back? He said he'd mail it to me, but I don't want to give out my address or PO Box to him, because he'd probably spread it around his school. Most people at his school hate me. I went in 7th grade, all Goth'd up (according to them), they teased me with the standard references to the Columbine Massacre, and then, over the summer to 8th grade, all those preppy girls became 'omzg lyk ttly scenexcore rockerz! corecorecorecore!!!!111!!1oneone!!!2twoonehundreel even!'. Anyways, I asked why they were doing that, they called me a poseur, etc., etc., I switched to a new high school (I would've gone to anyway, because I was put in the other school by accident <computer error>).

The point is.

I don't want him for a friend or anything else ever again. I've reread our chatlogs, and he's a racist homophobe. He's close-minded, scared of the real world, sheltered, and passionless. He is a pathetic excuse for a human being.

However, I would like my videogame back. It wasn't cheap. And I have some very good saved data on it.

How should I get it back?

I asked him to give it to a girl he has a class with to give to her mother to give to me (the mother is my teacher) and he hasn't responded.

BTW, I might be speaking at his school on a LGBTQQ panel in a few weeks. They don't have anything like it at their school, and the same teacher that would give me the game is providing the panel to their health classes, which is mandatory for all freshman at their school.

Anyways.

How do I get my game back?
300pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:00 PM   #2
Graveyard.Crow

Just be firm and tell him to give it back NOW
Old 03-12-2008, 08:06 PM   #3
300pockets

I have. He refuses to see me in public, even with witnesses or whatever. He doesn't want to be seen in public with me. I haven't called him yet, but I might have some of my jock/tough guy friends call.

See, I have nothing against jocks/preps/any groups. The problem is, the school that he goes to (and I almost would have had to go to due to a computer glitch) is just like the Bratz movie, with all the groups split up into different locations. Preppies, jocks, emos, goths, theater geeks, dorks, nerds, everyone is split into a group. He thinks that these groups actually matter though.

So he refuses to see me in public.

Is it legal to send people over there to get it? Our schools have some crossover things...wrestling, I think, and I have a few friends on the team.

Also, with the LGBTQQ thing coming up, I might be able to go over there and get it from him.

Lulz, I should totally goth it up that day.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:32 PM   #4
Godslayer Jillian

Actually that'd be a bad idea. LGBTQI people are still looked at weird. I cannot believe just how much homophobia is still acceptable by society.
Don't "goth up" because of a grudge. If you're going to represent LGBTQI, you don't want to make people have more reasons to ostracize you, shallow as these justifications may be.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:56 PM   #5
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300pockets
the Bratz movie,
You get a 10/10 for this reference.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:58 PM   #6
ionic_angel

Ok, I know what LGBT means. But what is Q and I?

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and what?
ionic_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:58 PM   #7
raggedyanne

Speak to the teacher and if you get really frustrated, contact his parents about it. Most of the time parents will force their child to relinquish stolen property.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:51 PM   #8
Godslayer Jillian

Queer and Intersexual.
I can't help but make fun of the long acronym.
Next thing, it'll be LGBTQIAPM

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:51 PM   #9
badteccy

Haha, I forgot that people use labels like "prep" and others in high school. God, I feel old.
Anyway, I have no advice because I honestly only read the thread title and the first couple of lines.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:53 PM   #10
Godslayer Jillian

Over here, preps and mexicans are almost synonyms in college.
Fresas and Mexas are interchangeable. I don't know how I feel about that.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 03-13-2008, 07:26 AM   #11
ApothoKeri

Honestly, I think the best thing to do would just be to let it go. I know that it isn't fair, that the thing belongs to you, that it is expensive and maybe not even replaceable with this info saved to it or whatnot. But there really are times in life where you just have to cut your losses and consider it a price paid for a lesson learned.

If you can't do that then I guess where there is a will there is a way. But just be careful if you do anything that could get your own self in trouble.
ApothoKeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 09:14 AM   #12
300pockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by badteccy
Haha, I forgot that people use labels like "prep" and others in high school. God, I feel old.
Anyway, I have no advice because I honestly only read the thread title and the first couple of lines.
BTW, whenever I say 'preps' I am referring to Aberzombies...
Old 03-13-2008, 11:58 AM   #13
bleedingheart344

Meh, I blame cliques rather than store chains. Problem is, a little fantasy is created for these people whenever they're part of a clique. They end up getting really popular, girls/guys are falling at their feet, they become prom king/queen, it's all some little miracle. Then high school ends, and the miracle fades. Soon, they have to fend for themselves in college, unable to walk around discussing who's dating who, or what was in their new myspace message. Then reality sets in, they finally have to WORK to be noticed, not just conform for popularity.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:28 AM   #14
electrosexual

If I were you I'd go to the police and charge him with possession of stolen goods.

It will give him a right scare and you'll definately get the game back

And God bless you for representing LGBTQI!
electrosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 11:32 AM   #15
Wormboy

http://xkcd.com/325/

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 12:45 PM   #16
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApothoKeri
Honestly, I think the best thing to do would just be to let it go. I know that it isn't fair, that the thing belongs to you, that it is expensive and maybe not even replaceable with this info saved to it or whatnot. But there really are times in life where you just have to cut your losses and consider it a price paid for a lesson learned.

If you can't do that then I guess where there is a will there is a way. But just be careful if you do anything that could get your own self in trouble.
I agree, let it go. They aren't worth it. Don't let him take anything else from you either. Just create distance and spend more time with the people who love you.

Vengence is always a futile path.

There was this girl I met after moving. She was an aweful person. I bought new underwear at Victoria's Secret, she stole it. I bought some cheap make-up, she stole it. She was a theif. Tried getting rid of her for a long time, but she just wouldn't go.

One time, I went to her house to try to get some of my stuff back. I found one shirt of mine. I checked it, it had my mark on it. I took it back, because it was mine. She spread a rumor that I was the theif. She stole hundreds of dollars in stuff from me. I will never get it back and I don't care. It's better not talking to her, at all, ever again.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:51 PM   #17
DarkPrayer

Location: In a place covered in darkness but filled with only good people
I know a case where a jock turned into a geeky nerd. Paul used to be a good friend of mine. He played a lot of sports and he was popular with a lot of girls. Gradually he just turned into this computer loving, gameboy playing, technology addicted, nerd. He's still good looking, but no longer popular. Paul does NOT wear glasses or braces.
DarkPrayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 02:02 PM   #18
Solumina

...you seem a bit caught up in lables, just let people be who they are
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 04:34 PM   #19
300pockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
Meh. I use the labels when referring to his school, because his school is the only school I've ever really been to where the labels are the equivalent of castes, with very strong distinctions. It's sick and sad...But basically, he's one of those guys that only cares about rep now...not about who his friends were.

I'm gonna get it through a neutral 3rd party hopefully.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:38 PM   #20
Solumina

Actually I understood that, I was referring to DP as it is something that has reflected in their posts
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 04:44 PM   #21
DarkPrayer

Location: In a place covered in darkness but filled with only good people
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
I guess I am a bit caught up. But I never said that him turning into a geek was a bad thing. Not at all. It isn't. When I said, "he doesn't have glasses or braces" I was making sure no one viewed him as the stereotypical nerd (glasses, braces, freckles, pants pulled up over shirt...)
DarkPrayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 04:51 PM   #22
300pockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPrayer
I guess I am a bit caught up. But I never said that him turning into a geek was a bad thing. Not at all. It isn't. When I said, "he doesn't have glasses or braces" I was making sure no one viewed him as the stereotypical nerd (glasses, braces, freckles, pants pulled up over shirt...)
Ironically, I only know 1 that fits the stereotype, and he's more of a geek...