Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 10-13-2007, 12:21 AM   #1
Graveyard.Crow

I miss switchblade symphony

They were one of THE ONLY bands I actually enjoyed and they broke up. I know this happened a while ago but still, why do good bands have to end?
Old 10-13-2007, 01:02 AM   #2
DarkGentleman

I know, it's sad that happened, I enjoy listening to them as well. Most bands spilt for a number of reasons whether it's good or bad. Being a musician isn't easy for career terms, and I'm sure some of them can't handle the stress of having to produce a cd, do tours and promoting themselves to keep the fan's interest and respect on the line.

Perhaps, it was good terms that they wanted to say "it's been fun" and go their own ways.

I was disappointed to hear that Cruxshadows are also splitting up too.
DarkGentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 01:10 AM   #3
Graveyard.Crow

*hugs*
You can always cry on my shoulder.
No that isn't creepy at all.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:59 AM   #4
TopHaggardDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGentleman
I was disappointed to hear that Cruxshadows are also splitting up too.
WHAT!? WHEN!? WHY!? HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS!!!?!??!!???!
Old 10-13-2007, 05:47 AM   #5
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopHaggardDoll
WHAT!? WHEN!? WHY!? HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS!!!?!??!!???!
Yeah I never heard anything of it either.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 06:30 AM   #6
KontanKarite

Rachel has left Cruxshadows this year. YES. It's heartbreaking, but they've got a new violinist lined up. I kinda hope it turns out to be a guy. We can only wait and see.

CXS isn't done. Not by a long shot.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 08:09 AM   #7
Underwater Ophelia

I have the feeling the Dresden Dolls are over. I really don't want it to be true, but there's been little talk of projects they do together, and they're both off doing solo things.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 08:23 AM   #8
KontanKarite

Why can't crap bands like Bella Morte break up or get better?

Old 10-13-2007, 04:26 PM   #9
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
I have the feeling the Dresden Dolls are over. I really don't want it to be true, but there's been little talk of projects they do together, and they're both off doing solo things.
NO no no don't say that.
Not THEM too....!
Old 10-13-2007, 04:33 PM   #10
L'Oiseau Noir

All these great bands are going "poof"; it's so heartbreaking! I miss Switchblade Symphony, too, and would do anything to get them back together! However, it's too late... Ah well, at least I still have their older albums to listen to.

And if the Dresden Dolls poof too, I swear I'll cry. xD

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 05:31 PM   #11
Necropolis

GC, this is pretty off topic but it is imperative you find some Nosferatu for yourself, especially the album Legend. If you're really into vampiric themed music, that's it.

I mean c'mon, look at the band name. I posted a link to one of their songs in the symphonic metal thread (I think it was that one) for you when we first talked about it.
Necropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 05:50 PM   #12
NachtSorcier

I like to think that when something ends, like a band or a TV show, it's probably for the better. If they're at the point of just breaking up, it probably wouldn't be worth it for them to go on. Their new stuff would be crap, in other words. All good things must come to and end and all that.

Visit my online store: http://www.websofsilver.com
NachtSorcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 06:02 PM   #13
Renatus

Well I hope to see the band members from all those bands come together again to make even better music. Why am I getting the feeling this might lead to the next generation of goth music? If that happened we would be on the 4th gen right?

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 10-13-2007, 06:09 PM   #14
Renatus

I wonder what kinds of new music such new bands would generate.

Old 10-13-2007, 06:13 PM   #15
NachtSorcier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus
I wonder what kinds of new music such new bands would generate.
Probably crap. But then again, I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to goth music. I just think music of all genres is getting exponentially worse.

Visit my online store: http://www.websofsilver.com
NachtSorcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 08:44 PM   #16
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necropolis
GC, this is pretty off topic but it is imperative you find some Nosferatu for yourself, especially the album Legend. If you're really into vampiric themed music, that's it.

I mean c'mon, look at the band name. I posted a link to one of their songs in the symphonic metal thread (I think it was that one) for you when we first talked about it.
I did look them up. Thanks very much.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:23 PM   #17
DarkGentleman

Oh CG, perhaps Blutengel might strike your interest since they also have vampiric themed music. I highly recommend "Vampire Romance (Solitary Experiment remix)", this track is so awesome.

Ok, a little off the topic, my apologies to everyone (and Kontan) that I mentioned about The Cruxshadows splitting, perhaps I wasn't clear about the info myself as I was misinformed from other sources. I was aware of one member leaving and being replaced, the other was two members were getting married. I do hope The Cruxshadows stay together since I do enjoy their music.

NOW back on the topic. My daughter recently got all my Switchblade Symphony mp3 tracks on her pc. I was suprised she actually enjoyed them too.
DarkGentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 05:37 PM   #18
Clockwork

It's most unfortunate SBS couldn't make a few more songs before they went, or at least directly inspire more bands. They have a mood about their music that so many bands just fail to capture, or never set out to.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:02 PM   #19
silverbaal

I miss them too. There's not a lot of music that's as fresh and original as SBS. Bands like that come and go while all of the dime a donzen groups, most of them anyways, are the ones that won't go away.
silverbaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 08:59 PM   #20
viscus

Don't the Cruxshadows break up periodically? I thought Rogue was the only constant in that outfit.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 08:41 PM   #21
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGentleman
Oh CG, perhaps Blutengel might strike your interest since they also have vampiric themed music. I highly recommend "Vampire Romance (Solitary Experiment remix)", this track is so awesome.

Ok, a little off the topic, my apologies to everyone (and Kontan) that I mentioned about The Cruxshadows splitting, perhaps I wasn't clear about the info myself as I was misinformed from other sources. I was aware of one member leaving and being replaced, the other was two members were getting married. I do hope The Cruxshadows stay together since I do enjoy their music.

NOW back on the topic. My daughter recently got all my Switchblade Symphony mp3 tracks on her pc. I was suprised she actually enjoyed them too.
I know them. They are a bit too "dancy" for me.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:07 AM   #22
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscus
Don't the Cruxshadows break up periodically? I thought Rogue was the only constant in that outfit.

This does happen, actually. But Rachel and Rogue were so far as I understand it, quite solid. Those two really made CXS.

I don't think anyone would really lament any of the dancers leaving as much as say Rachel or the guitarist.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:40 PM   #23
Cen0bite

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
I don't think anyone would really lament any of the dancers leaving as much as say Rachel or the guitarist.
I would probably cry if Jessica or Sarah left. I love their dancing and it makes their shows amazing.
Actually, i'd probably cry if any of them left. Rachel leaving has made me sad.

Update on the Cruxshadows: George and Sarah are getting married!!

Pinhead: What you think of as pain is a shadow. Pain has a face. Allow me to show it to you. Gentlemen, I... Am... Pain
-Hellraiser:Bloodline
Cen0bite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 10:25 PM   #24
Mr. D.

Post Crusty, not trusty.

If you miss Switchblabe Symphony check out Razor Blade Kisses. They are wunnerful.
Mr. D. is offline   Reply With Quote