Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-19-2005, 08:46 AM   #201
Jane13

alright... korova, Al, Mr... you've convinced me. I'm coming back, but not full force. See ya when I see ya.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 03:05 PM   #202
ghostposts

And E_fuckin' E is back!
ghostposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 05:26 PM   #203
Juliet Bathory

Question: if I were to start a forum in yahoo or msn groups, would any of you be interested? It would be by invitation only. 18+ and all rights are retained by the author as I agree with TStone on this matter. While I agree with TheKorovaMilkbar that we don't need to leave, I also feel that there is no harm in looking for, if not creating an alternative. There are over 5000 members here, most of which don't post or participate. I would sooner be part of an active group than one full of spectators.

That's my thoughts, what are yours?
Juliet Bathory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 05:56 PM   #204
Juliet Bathory

Please don't read this.

Just subscribing to the thread. Nothing to see here. Please move along, go back to your homes. Haven't you seen a girl subscribe to a thread before. I did warn you not to read it, lol.
Old 11-19-2005, 06:07 PM   #205
angleangel_doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkirony
This site has changed so much during my year here. I came here loving it and the members but now...things changed WAY too much. I thank most of you for being friends with me. You are awesome people.

What has been done to Xng was extremely wrong and unnessecary. Also, her being ignored was stepping over the friendly boundries of Gothic.net. The URL of this site may be "gothic.net" but this is no longer that site that I came to as a newb. No. This place is worse. It's no longer a fun place to meet people. We're too busy fighting of retarted newbs to have to once enjoyed fun.

Grow up everyone and realize what you are doing and what has been done. So..

Goodbye
Allow me to fill you in.
Someone started this thread to Remod xnguela and somewhere along the way she was under some tiff from the Mods and was temporarily banned for some reason or another and during that time:
NOBODY COULD SEE HER POSTS.
Now that she's not banned ( I think) we can see them loud and clear but can't exactly go back and edit all our post in the thread or else...well...that'd just be retarded.
There you go, is that better?
I hope so....0_o
angleangel_doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 06:21 PM   #206
punkirony

I already knew that.
And I return when my dear edible_eye returns..So I guess I'm back? I don't know. But as Jane said herself...I will also not be coming back full force. You people need to get your shit together.
Old 11-19-2005, 06:26 PM   #207
Jane13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliet Bathory
It would be by invitation only. 18+ and all rights are retained by the author as I agree with TStone on this matter.
Why 18+ if it's invitation only and the under-18-year-old is invited? I can understand the need to cut down on teenagers, though... I go to a public highschool and a lot of us really suck.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 06:47 PM   #208
Juliet Bathory

From what I've read, most of the teenagers in here are caught up in their own angst and have no concept about half of the things discussed in here.

It is in no way a slight against you. I have read quite a few of your posts and I find you rational and respectful. I think if some of the senior members were willing to come on board as Mods, then they would be in a better position to recommend younger members who would benefit from the new forum, and could invite them as such. I would be happy to include you in any new group, you seem to be one of those people NOT caught up in the 'blah blah blah, me me me' mentality.

That said, you would be one of very few people your age (which you may find a blessing). Again I open it up for discussion. Who's thinking what?

Last edited by Juliet Bathory; 11-19-2005 at 06:51 PM. Reason: s
Old 11-19-2005, 07:03 PM   #209
punkirony

Juliet...excuse me but you have not the power to speak that way yet. You've been here for what, a month? No. Just, no. Some of us younger people have really influenced this site. And so what of the number that is tacked on to us because of our birth years. Remember kennylee? Think of that old man.
Old 11-19-2005, 07:18 PM   #210
Demonista_Ravenesque

Kenny Lee was a nob.... I'm not sure if Juliet was around to see his stupidity.

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Demonista_Ravenesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 07:29 PM   #211
Juliet Bathory

Quote:
Juliet...excuse me but you have not the power to speak that way yet. You've been here for what, a month? No. Just, no. Some of us younger people have really influenced this site. And so what of the number that is tacked on to us because of our birth years. Remember kennylee? Think of that old man.
Before you go crying foul, you did read the word most right? As for power I am able to voice my opinion, not only is it my power, it is my legal right. While I agree that age doesn't dictate level of maturity, I can read, and most of what I have come across appears to be from teens in search of attention because the world just doesn't understand them.

Now I may have been here only a month, it doesn't mean my thoughts are invalid. Instead of jumping up and down saying how shit the forum is and threatening to leave, I at least offered an alternative for those tired of dealing dickheads like rabbit. It's fine to ignore them as they come in, and I'm not suggesting everyone pick up and leave, I am asking if anyone here would like to participate in an invitation only forum free of noobs and idiots. You also mentioned that "Some of us younger people have really influenced this site", last time I checked, you weren't too happy with how this forum was going, did you ever stop to consider that it may be due to some of your fellow 'young people'?

Look as tekajo stated, where is the site going? What are the Administrators plans? I don't know about anyone else, but I'm sure there are others who would like to have some say about how their words are presented. It's not about control, it's about choice. Do as you please punk, but I myself prefer to be proactive instead of passive and whingy

Last edited by Juliet Bathory; 11-19-2005 at 07:32 PM. Reason: further articulation
Old 11-19-2005, 07:43 PM   #212
punkirony

Quote:
You also mentioned that "Some of us younger people have really influenced this site", last time I checked, you weren't too happy with how this forum was going, did you ever stop to consider that it may be due to some of your fellow 'young people'?
You just made my fucking point!!! Jeez. I didn't say that ALL of us younger people did good you silly git. And you quoted me yourself in saying so. I'm done for today. You've pissed me off on my first day back of my restart.
Old 11-19-2005, 08:00 PM   #213
Juliet Bathory

I am curious to know why you started debating the point. You understood that I didn't mean all young people in my initial post on this matter, and it appears we both agree. Some young people offer something of value, some don't. If you go to literature and look at the post your poetry thread, I offer you a case and point. So if we both agree, what do you suggest be done? "You people need to get your shit together." is just a statement, what actions are you going to take?

Last edited by Juliet Bathory; 11-19-2005 at 08:01 PM. Reason: young
Old 11-19-2005, 08:49 PM   #214
Juliet Bathory

msn has the feature of if someone is banned, everything they have posted and any threads they have started are automatically deleted. Would you want to mod?
Old 11-19-2005, 09:51 PM   #215
edible_eye

http://bin.mypage.sk/FILES/cat_fight...__55be1912.gif

pretty much enjoying the cat fights.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:52 PM   #216
DirtNap

Quote:
Originally Posted by angleangel_doom
Allow me to fill you in.
Someone started this thread to Remod xnguela and somewhere along the way she was under some tiff from the Mods and was temporarily banned for some reason or another and during that time:
NOBODY COULD SEE HER POSTS.
Now that she's not banned ( I think) we can see them loud and clear but can't exactly go back and edit all our post in the thread or else...well...that'd just be retarded.
There you go, is that better?
I hope so....0_o

Uhm... How do you know this information?

From all appearances, Xang got caught up in some troll removal, possibly by accident, and the oversight was fixed once it became apparent. No tiff, no ban.

Given that there seems to be A bitter person behind the recent troll incursion, I would also resist offers for a supposedly new place. There are people trying to disrupt the community that you have here. It's up to the people here not to let them get away with it.
DirtNap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 11:03 PM   #217
mortalitas incomitatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye
http://bin.mypage.sk/FILES/cat_fight...__55be1912.gif

pretty much enjoying the cat fights.

mmmmm.....i like seeing pussies go at it!!!

btw, punk baby, whats up. what has pissed you off so? can i do anything to help, i've missed you so.

*another eliter*
mortalitas incomitatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 01:02 AM   #218
Juliet Bathory

Clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtNap
Given that there seems to be A bitter person behind the recent troll incursion, I would also resist offers for a supposedly new place. There are people trying to disrupt the community that you have here. It's up to the people here not to let them get away with it.
Maybe I should offer some clarification. I want a forum where writers can post their work and receive constructive critisim, have open and respectful discussions, and have a social outlet where they can vent, scream, laugh, whatever. Maybe this place was like that once, I wouldn't know. I don't mind coming here, I will continue to come here, it's good fun, but I would also like a place where I can share my work with more trustworthy individuals. If some of the people here would like to join, I don't see the harm in it.

And what of the fate of this bitter person?
Old 11-20-2005, 03:20 PM   #219
Nardol

Excuse my intrusion, but could I bother you for a solid definition of "troll" as it relates to forums?
Nardol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 03:23 PM   #220
punkirony

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortalitas incomitatus
btw, punk baby, whats up. what has pissed you off so? can i do anything to help, i've missed you so.
Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Thanks for the inquiry my dear Mortalitas.
Old 11-20-2005, 03:25 PM   #221
DirtNap

Quote:
Maybe I should offer some clarification. I want a forum where...
https://www.gothic.net/boards/faq.ph...community_spam
Old 11-20-2005, 03:25 PM   #222
DirtNap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nardol
Excuse my intrusion, but could I bother you for a solid definition of "troll" as it relates to forums?
http://www.slangdictionary.com/?a=term&q=trolls
Old 11-20-2005, 03:32 PM   #223
punkirony

Heya, thanks Dirtnap. I was wondering about the meaning of that slang as well. And I've never said 'hello' to you....Hello.
Old 11-20-2005, 03:36 PM   #224
Nardol

I had to look up sockpuppet also.

Excellent link!!
Nardol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 05:58 PM   #225
DirtNap

Quote:
Heya, thanks Dirtnap. I was wondering about the meaning of that slang as well. And I've never said 'hello' to you....Hello.

Well, Hello to you as well.