Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 08-14-2009, 07:38 PM   #1
The Catalyst

Change...

There is a growing military force supporting and invoking change in the world we live in, this force is devoted to truth, what is right, what is just and the advancement of all mankind. Those who oppress and hinder the truth, fear us, those who cannot stand alone, join us. Join us, join the C.I.S.O.S. If there is anyone curious of what I speak of, contact me.

The Catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:37 PM   #2
Corpsey

What is this truth you speak of? What change are you going to do to the world? All I've seen is human errors through military forces which attempt to rectify problems in the world just to place their own "problems" in power.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:47 PM   #3
The Catalyst

The reason this organization is different is because we only act by the concious will of the people, there is no chain of command. A chian of command is a way for the cowardly to have power, I will not take command if it means putting my friends in chains.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:47 PM   #4
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
What is this truth you speak of? What change are you going to do to the world? All I've seen is human errors through military forces which attempt to rectify problems in the world just to place their own "problems" in power.
Greetings sir, have you heard about the life-stream?

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=200
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:49 PM   #5
The Catalyst

Explain to us.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:50 PM   #6
Saya

Explain to us this truth, what is right, what is just, what is truth and how your organization plans to advance mankind.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:53 PM   #7
Corpsey

LOL.

As someone learning about Jehovah's Witnesses I can truely say that parody was epic.

*Edit*

I'm now going through that website. It's like a gamers parody treasure trove...

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:56 PM   #8
The Catalyst

The truth that I speak of is that many of us deserve a better world than we have. What is right however can be better identified by what is wrong. When people talk about what is right, it always becomes an argument, however, when we identify what is wrong we all have common ground. We are a group of people that have come to understand this, and we will strive for a better world.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:59 PM   #9
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catalyst View Post
The truth that I speak of is that many of us deserve a better world than we have. What is right however can be better identified by what is wrong. When people talk about what is right, it always becomes an argument, however, when we identify what is wrong we all have common ground. We are a group of people that have come to understand this, and we will strive for a better world.
Not really. To quote my favourite musical, "we both have truths, are mine the same as yours?"

A lot of us are already politically involved working towards our own individual ideas about a better world, why is your organization different?
Old 08-14-2009, 09:01 PM   #10
The Catalyst

The reason this organization is different is because we only act by the concious will of the people, there is no chain of command. A chian of command is a way for the cowardly to have power, I will not take command if it means putting my friends in chains.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:02 PM   #11
Saya

Plenty of other organizations work that way, we have a healthy population of anarchists here doing their own thing. Again, what makes yours different?
Old 08-14-2009, 09:04 PM   #12
Solumina

So if there is no command structure how do you plan to achieve anything? At some point there will be a disagreement on how to go go about doing something, are you just going to go with majority rule?

To clarify: most anarchist that I have talked to are against any centralized power but are open to the equivalent of fairly relaxed local government such as a town council or something similar that would only be utilized in certain situations.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf

Last edited by Solumina; 08-14-2009 at 09:07 PM. Reason: clarity
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:06 PM   #13
Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catalyst
Indeed, but when one works consistently on the premise of something which is false then the result will consistently be the same.

Kinda like religious zealots a few centuries ago trying to prove that the earth was the centre of the universe. Only once that premise had been re-analysed could the truth that the earth revolved around the sun be truely discovered.

Your premise: That humans can fix that which is rotten in the earth (yes, I will definately agree with you that there is something wrong in this world, that is a common ground).

If said premise is false then the result of actions taken to try to prove said premise will only end up being the same as those that have taken place beforehand. No new angle or attempt to prove a false premise will result in positive data unless such data is falsified. Much like how the current governments attempt to prove that their rule will better humankind.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:19 PM   #14
Saya

Aww, he went away ;_;

The Jehovah Witnesses and the Mormons who visit me are usually more fun and game when I ask them to elaborate their vague ideals on how they'll improve lives and bring justice to the world.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:43 PM   #15
Solumina

I think he though there would be more angsty kids who were looking for ways to rebel that would be easy for him to recruit.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:28 PM   #16
The Catalyst

I am not an anarchist, I am not the leader of a rebellion, and I do not look down on others unless I am helping them up. I hoped there would be people with an advanced form of intellect here for us to truly discuss this humanity threatening issue. There is a form of totalitarianism that has been crawling along the face of the Earth for centuries now, it is not ruled by man nor by machine. It is ruled by ignorance, all I wish to do is to enable people to think.

The reason I left was to help my father at his workplace, he's old and cannot lift the heavy loads miscellaneous junk.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:32 AM   #17
Still Jack

So, lemme get this straight, You and a bunch of other minions that all have the same "power" as you, want to go around collecting members such as to better mankind?
Man, that's not even an original Idea.
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 12:49 AM   #18
The Catalyst

When it comes to matters such as this, there is no way to be original without a huge amount of funds. Please excuse my poverty.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:07 AM   #19
Godslayer Jillian

What a bunch of rhetorical bullshit.
How the fuck do you intend people to 'join' your 'army' when you don't even fucking say what you stand for?
Give us a god damned straight answer. You could be a scientologist or an objectivist for all we know.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 07:54 AM   #20
The Catalyst

The objective of my organization is to spread knowledge and inspire people to think. When you truly analyze the world to the best of your ability, you find there to be undeniable truths. The truth I speak of is your own.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:10 AM   #21
Drake Dun

Fantastic. Another military force is exactly what the world needs right now.
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:31 AM   #22
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Dun View Post
Fantastic. Another military force is exactly what the world needs right now.
But this one apparently has truth bombs!
Old 08-15-2009, 08:31 AM   #23
viscus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catalyst View Post
The objective of my organization is to spread knowledge and inspire people to think. When you truly analyze the world to the best of your ability, you find there to be undeniable truths. The truth I speak of is your own.
More pseudo-intellectual vagueness. If you want to pique the interest of those with "an advanced form of intellect," you're going to have to give something concrete. What are the problems? What do you plan to do about them? How do you plan to do it?

And a paramilitary organization without a chain of command isn't very paramilitary, is it?

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:32 AM   #24
The Catalyst

I will assume that is sarcasm. I will not wait for someone else to strive for change, this is something I need... ...WE need to do. We as the people of Earth should be able to change it however we see fit.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:41 AM   #25
Saya

Again, a lot of us are politically active and trying to change the world, either alone, through organizations that actually tell us upfront what they're trying to do, or even founded their own organization. Why would we want to join a supposedly military force that won't even tell us what they're about only in the most vague way?