Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 05-31-2009, 12:27 AM   #1
NightShadows

Greetings and Salutations

I came across this site at 3 o'clock in the morning, and I daresay it struck me by surprise. This is an incredible site, and I decided I had to join it. I love all things gothic, and while I myself am not a complete and utter Goth, I cannot help but love everything about it.

To begin, my name is Elizabeth. Most of my friends call me Liz or Lizzie. Or, to those whom I speak with online that don't bother to remember my name, NightShadows. Anything you come up with here will be fine with me.

I am nearly 21 years old, so for all intents and purposes, let's say that July 22nd is nearly here, and I'm 21 years old. I live in the Northeast United States with my friend and her family, and my year old cat, Sophie. I'm not really speaking with my parents because they are horrible vile people who are perfectly okay selling out their own daughter, and letting her live on the street, and/or get arrested.

I am a published author of a fantasy short novel that goes by the title of "The Ritual and the Mages: The Battle Begins." It's a short thing, but what can I say? I published it when I was a senior in high school. It is currently not available on Amazon, though I have no freaking clue why. But you can still see the picture up on it if you decide to look it up.

My passion is writing, and I can't seem to stop writing about either faeries or vampires. Those are my two favorite mythological creature species, and sometimes, I wish that I could either be turned into a vampire, or turned Fey and leave this hellish place we call home.

I'm not quite sure what else to add, but I suppose that's enough information about me. ^_^
NightShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 02:36 AM   #2
Godslayer Jillian

Every time someone uses the word "salutations" I know I'm not going to be impressed one bit.
I don't think I've been wrong yet.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:39 AM   #3
ZyklonB

Actually, there is a questionnaire under one of the stickies in this introduction section you should probably fill out/post in this thread.
ZyklonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:48 AM   #4
viscus

Welcome, but please be aware that G-net is not for the thin-skinned. There are a lot of (often needlessly) derisive people around and your intro paints you as a bit of a target.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:48 AM   #5
NightShadows

I recently watched Heathers and I was quoting Christian Slater... -.-

Hmm. Well, thank you for the warning anyhow. ^^
NightShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 10:17 AM   #6
maggot

Paints you as a target! hahahaha it's a pun! : D

Little know fact about me: I am a huge fan of puns, good, bad, or even just mediocre.