Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:38 PM   #1
slim frame

hi, i'm roxy...

...and i'm an alcoholic. wait, no, wrong place ^_~. in all seriousness, i'm lousy at introductions, so here goes... (huzzah for copy/paste questionnaires, haha!)

1. What do you do?
i'm the store manager at a local comic book store and that takes up a fairly decent chunk of my time. when i'm not working, i generally enjoy designing outfits, drawing, trying desperately to learn how to use photoshop (methinks painter will be a better match for me), listening to or making music, and dancing....y'know...stuff. i also do a lot of role-playing (mostly VtR, VtM, D&D, Geist...i love to play pretend, yay) and comic book reading, but i suppose it comes with the territory.

2. Where are you from?
originally, houston. but now i live in austin.

3. Who is your favorite author?
oh, i can't choose just one! so i'll do my top five: nabokov, neal stephenson, anne rice, dickens, and e.a. poe.

4. What are your favorite films?
fight club, akira, i'm a cyborg but that's okay, the last unicorn, beetlejuice, sympathy for lady vengeance, and six-string samurai to name a few

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
actually, my husband and i had our first dance to 'highway to the danger zone'. definitely not what i had envisioned, but it was really fun in the moment

6. At your funeral?
'in the aeroplane over the sea' by neutral milk hotel and 'into dust' by mazzy star. i've told my husband that i will haunt the crap out of him if he doesn't play those two songs at least.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
i vacillate on this one...either electrocution, starvation, or hypothermia depending on what kind of mood i'm in.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
ha! i've got enough in life insurance to be compressed into a diamond and set in a ring to be passed down through my family. if, for some reason, that falls through, i'd like a black coffin with red powdercoat (you know, that glittery stuff on cars...i forget what it's called. i saw it at the funeral home when we buried my mother and it just looked so elegant and rich), silver accents, and burgundy satin inside.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
probably my black pencil skirt, black button down shirt (or red, depending on my mood), and my docs OR baker heels. i used to have a really nice peacoat i wore with it but i've no idea where it is now

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
i was much better at writing and telling stories...i wasn't so self conscious about whether or not the words were right and would just write from my heart. when my mom passed, i found a bunch of my old writing in her things and it made me wish i didn't get so concerned with being perfect now...because it was so creative and the stories were all really entrancing. now i mostly like to do research and technical stuff because i don't have to be afraid of people laughing at my creativity (stupid, yeah, but i guess i have a squishy, stupid soul sometimes)...but sometimes it makes me feel like i'm taking the coward's way out *shrugs* it's hard to explain, i suppose.

11. What's your favorite band?
nine inch nails

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
almost done with college. although i'll probably never be able to go back...i was double majoring art and biology with hopes of going pre-med and becoming a surgeon. high hopes *snort*

13. Why did you join?
i've lurked for a while and finally decided to join. it's nice to have a place to talk with people who share my interests, etc...

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
i'm assuming it's understood, but i'm female

whew! anywho...nice to meet you guys!
slim frame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 08:53 PM   #2
Ophelia's Snorkel

Nice to meet you, too.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:43 PM   #3
Krick Wurkheiser

Nice to meet you too.
Krick Wurkheiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 03:10 AM   #4
sibyl vane.

I'm A Cyborg is a good movie.
sibyl vane. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:05 AM   #5
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim frame View Post
the last unicorn
Seriously, FUCK THAT MOVIE.
It was a horrible waste of time. I got stuck watching it with an old girlfriend of mine (that relationship was slated for doom from then on) .

The only redeeming point of that movie is the HORRIBLY RACIST Jewish magician, Shmendrick.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 06:04 AM   #6
Stormtrooper of Death

Hello and welcome to you as well ma'am.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:22 PM   #7
HellforgedX

Capitalization works wonders. Welcome to the boards.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:35 PM   #8
Beowulf

Hello and welcome, I hope you enjoy your time here !!!. : )
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote