Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 08-04-2007, 03:00 PM   #101
KontanKarite

You know what's going to blow everyone's mind? When Jillian, if he hasn't gone yet, goes to Vegas, only to bet a dollar on a chance for a Royal Flush and he gets a Royal Flush.

That's SO Hitchhikers.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 03:08 PM   #102
Porphyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onetwothree
Is this all you can say? More fucking illogical appeals? Dodging the question, etc.?

Can't ANY of you actually ATTACK MY ARGUMENT AND NOT ME? Ad hominem won't make my argument fly away, dumbass.

Forget it. I fucking win, and all of your belief systems, and beliefs are utterly invalidated, indefinitely because you cannot even support a single fucking one.

Whatever, I'm content now. I now know there is no hope for any of you here. What did I expect anyway...you're all stupid ass emo kids anyway. *sighs*
Did it ever occur to you that I don't give a shit about your argument and don't feel that it needs to be addressed? I don't particularly care about your beliefs and I'll thank you to keep them to yourself, esepecially if you can't talk about them without being a pompous asshat. The point is that other people's spiritual views are their business until they choose to make someone else's and you're never going to get anyone to agree with anything you say if you continue to be hostile, rude and tactless.

If I was an atheist, I'd be embarrassed by people like you.

"Emo"? Bitch, please.
Porphyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 04:06 PM   #103
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyches_reflection
e argued that the chances of getting a royal flush is 1/2, because you either will or you wont.
Yes, but we know that just because there's only two options, it doesn't mean that both options are equally probable.
Someone can say he's trusting that single probability that there is a god, but if the chances are even as low as 1/6400, it's illogical to think that hundreds of millions of people are willing to take those odds.
Therefore it's illogical (and stupid) for a theist to use this argument in favor of belief.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 12:30 AM   #104
Onetwothree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porphyria
Did it ever occur to you that I don't give a shit about your argument and don't feel that it needs to be addressed? I don't particularly care about your beliefs and I'll thank you to keep them to yourself, esepecially if you can't talk about them without being a pompous asshat. The point is that other people's spiritual views are their business until they choose to make someone else's and you're never going to get anyone to agree with anything you say if you continue to be hostile, rude and tactless.

If I was an atheist, I'd be embarrassed by people like you.

"Emo"? Bitch, please.
You just want an appeal to your emotions.

You are also an atheist too. So it doesn't matter. Everyone is an atheist. I just go a god further.
Onetwothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:01 AM   #105
EL-VIRA

Thumbs down No Title

OK..you psycho shut up...You're not convincing me of anything.
EL-VIRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:35 AM   #106
EL-VIRA

and all you are doing is trying and not succeeding to dissprove other people when really you have only seriously argues your point one time ..I haven't seen anything to prove that you are right...so basically get a fuckin life how did this rant come about anyways or are you just randomly putting subjects up here because you need attention that bad
EL-VIRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:34 AM   #107
Porphyria

Quote:
You just want an appeal to your emotions.

You are also an atheist too. So it doesn't matter. Everyone is an atheist. I just go a god further.
Good thing I have you, a perfect stranger, to explain my beliefs to me.

"Also" and "Too" are redundant when used in the same sentence. Tsk.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:36 AM   #108
DeathChii

Quote:
Another one totally misses the message again, and leaves me off with a crappy Christian slogan. Oh mercy.
Well, if you want you can give me the message without writing a whole story x] . Or I'll just have to read it later... on day.

PS. I'm agnostic, douche.
From trashing this way and that
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
I offer this suffering of my father
"The Offering" - Stan Rice
DeathChii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:39 AM   #109
DeathChii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
You know, everyone keeps saying that, but what makes you say it?
Because there is no way of knowing. I mean, even history could be all wrong. Unlikely, but possible. I mean, none of us were there, right? So we will never really know... Everything could be a lie, a mistake? We have all these theories, but hell, we could be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off.
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
Old 08-05-2007, 11:17 AM   #110
Breathless Horror

Have any of you noticed that onetwothree seems to be the polar opposite of orionedarnell (or however it's spelled), with the same holier-than-thou attitude and long preachy posts? Perhaps they are different aspects of the same person?

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 11:22 AM   #111
DeathChii

What ever, I hate people like that. Who try to convert others or what not. Respect others beleifs or disbeleifs, geez, it's their business not yours. ugh. Sorry =P
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
Old 08-05-2007, 11:45 AM   #112
Onetwothree

Quote:
Good thing I have you, a perfect stranger, to explain my beliefs to me.

"Also" and "Too" are redundant when used in the same sentence. Tsk.
Are you going to explain grammar to me when you're a comma-abuse maniac? Don't even start, kid.

Plus, you are a Santa atheist, are you not? If so, then you are an atheist too.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:48 AM   #113
Onetwothree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless Horror
Have any of you noticed that onetwothree seems to be the polar opposite of orionedarnell (or however it's spelled), with the same holier-than-thou attitude and long preachy posts? Perhaps they are different aspects of the same person?
[insert baseless claim here], and don't you guys see how Breathless Horror is exactly like that?
Old 08-05-2007, 11:48 AM   #114
Onetwothree

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChii
Because there is no way of knowing. I mean, even history could be all wrong. Unlikely, but possible. I mean, none of us were there, right? So we will never really know... Everything could be a lie, a mistake? We have all these theories, but hell, we could be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off.
Another shoot and a miss.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:55 AM   #115
DeathChii

^ I don't see how that's a miss? It was barely a statement.
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
Old 08-05-2007, 11:57 AM   #116
Miss Happy Cat

I don’t see the point in forcing your views on someone else and telling them they are basically wrong in their beliefs. Live and let live. Onetwothree’s approach is the type that drives one up the wall, across the ceiling and back to their starting point, so basically, he’s accomplishing nothing more than hatred and resistance towards him and his beliefs. The more he pushes, the more some people have pushed back. Or maybe that’s what he wants. He may also just want to reinforce the thought that he has in his head that he is superior to anyone who opposes him.

Prediction for this post from onetwothree: Another shoot and a miss.

Too bad I'm playing the game for fun. I'm not out to win.
Miss Happy Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 12:17 PM   #117
psyches_reflection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Yes, but we know that just because there's only two options, it doesn't mean that both options are equally probable.
Someone can say he's trusting that single probability that there is a god, but if the chances are even as low as 1/6400, it's illogical to think that hundreds of millions of people are willing to take those odds.
Therefore it's illogical (and stupid) for a theist to use this argument in favor of belief.

For pedantry's sake I'll say this: Given that both options cannot be satisfactorily be proven or disproven, how do we know that both options aren't equally probable? Or, if they are unequal, in which way the balance tips? Could it not be equally illogical for an atheist to use this argument?
Old 08-05-2007, 12:27 PM   #118
Porphyria

Quote:
Are you going to explain grammar to me when you're a comma-abuse maniac? Don't even start, kid.

Plus, you are a Santa atheist, are you not? If so, then you are an atheist too.
I apologize if my sentence structure is too complex for you.

Is a Santa atheist someone who doesn't believe in Santa? This thought is fetal at best and warrants some sort of explaination.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:34 PM   #119
DeathChii

Quote:
Another shoot and a miss.
I love how much you contradict yourself. Do you not realize that I agree with you? Or are you just trying to start silly arguments? Wow. You're just looking for a fight, I shouldn't waste time on you.
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
Old 08-05-2007, 01:20 PM   #120
Onetwothree

Quote:
I love how much you contradict yourself. Do you not realize that I agree with you? Or are you just trying to start silly arguments? Wow. You're just looking for a fight, I shouldn't waste time on you.
You 'believe' you are agreeing with me, but you're wrong.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:23 PM   #121
DeathChii

Quote:

no matter what you 'believe' you could be believing the wrong thing. It's equally probable that there is a 'deity' that loves atheists and gives them a special heaven with 43 virgins. Just as probable as there is an Allah, or a Tetragrammaton. These things are all equally probable. So even if you do believe, and you 'win' per se, you may win the wrong deity. Because when you enter the realm of possible deities, then you will be met with so many possibilities that ANYTHING can happen.
= Exactly what I am saying.
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
Old 08-05-2007, 01:43 PM   #122
Onetwothree

Quote:
I apologize if my sentence structure is too complex for you.

Is a Santa atheist someone who doesn't believe in Santa? This thought is fetal at best and warrants some sort of explaination.
Would you mind explaining how come it's fetal? Children believe in Santa, and then become Santa atheists. The same way you are a Zeus atheist, or a Baal atheist, etc.

Maybe you need to give me a better explanation (not explaination, like you spell it).

I just don't think you grasp the connection--which is mainly why you think it's fetal, because your own thinking is as such.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:44 PM   #123
Onetwothree

Quote:
= Exactly what I am saying.
But you never said it.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:45 PM   #124
Onetwothree

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyches_reflection
For pedantry's sake I'll say this: Given that both options cannot be satisfactorily be proven or disproven, how do we know that both options aren't equally probable? Or, if they are unequal, in which way the balance tips? Could it not be equally illogical for an atheist to use this argument?
Atheists such as Richard Dawkins don't use 'illogical' arguments. We rely purely on logic, because it's the bedrock of humanity itself.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:47 PM   #125
Onetwothree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Happy Cat
I don’t see the point in forcing your views on someone else and telling them they are basically wrong in their beliefs. Live and let live. Onetwothree’s approach is the type that drives one up the wall, across the ceiling and back to their starting point, so basically, he’s accomplishing nothing more than hatred and resistance towards him and his beliefs. The more he pushes, the more some people have pushed back. Or maybe that’s what he wants. He may also just want to reinforce the thought that he has in his head that he is superior to anyone who opposes him.

Prediction for this post from onetwothree: Another shoot and a miss.

Too bad I'm playing the game for fun. I'm not out to win.
I have no beliefs, dipshit. I am superior to anyone's beliefs, because I am tangible, real, three-dimensional. Whereas, a person's beliefs are imaginary, deluded, and often rationalized to the point they are indistinguishable from a mental disease.