Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 05-06-2006, 10:26 PM   #51
Magpie_Tendencies

Exercising or exercizing.

And yes it is. Exercise won't help if you're eating chocolate bars everyday though.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:32 PM   #52
Catch

See what you mean. (on both)
Old 05-07-2006, 12:37 PM   #53
Raina~WerewolfQueen

I dont eat chocolate or candy.
Raina~WerewolfQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 01:07 PM   #54
succubus,queenofvampires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raina~WerewolfQueen
well i exersize everyday, but im just not seeing any results.
You might not be losing weight due to your gaining muscles because of your daily exercise.
Don't let your balance be the only judge to whether you're in better shape or not.
Do your once-tight clothes fit better now?Does your favorite pair of jeans look even hotter on you?

Also, are you watching your diet? Because, as other Gnetters previously said, sports alone cannot make you lose weight; eating healthily and exercising regularly are the keys to having a hot, healthy body.

Cartman(South Park): It's a man's obligation to stick his boneration in a woman's separation; this sort of penetration will
increase the population of the younger generation.
succubus,queenofvampires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 01:15 PM   #55
Wise Child

Quote:
I dont eat chocolate or candy.
*teary-eyed* You... you poor, poor, deprived child. *gives chocolate*

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 03:24 PM   #56
spookypurple

And make sure you drink 2 litres of plain water a day!

I'll get off my soap box now!

:slinks off, dragging large box behind her:

Hamlet
spookypurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 03:38 AM   #57
Catch

I've heard that sometimes when the body is starving it holds on to fat more. That is why making sure you eat a steady amount of calories each day is important. Should also have variety so the body is completely nurished.

Dieting should also be a life change. I've changed my eating and exercise habits and it is paying off. The change is gradual, but I am not on the diet yo-yo. Starving makes the body used to one thing, so going back to old habits means more weight, at least for a while. After long enough the body adjusts to whatever it is you're doing.

I used to drink so much lemon ade or sweetened ice tea, still losing weight. So my new weight is a complete mystery. However, every month lose about 5 pounds. Think I retain a lot of water during PMS and after the month it has been almost automatic weight loss that stays off.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:12 AM   #58
Sanctus Dei

Well folks from a studying dieticians point of view... eat what you will and monitor your weight, if you notice a weight flux with certain foods, cut back but do not eliminate... check your BMI to see what you should be consuming with calories.. determine your most active days and consume a bit above the level and on your sedentary days consume below the level. Try not to eat at all at least 2 hours before sleep... eat only when your actually hungry (except when you awake up always have a small meal in the morning to jumpstart your body and your metabolism) and eat small* meals enough to satiate your craving but not fill you up. DRINK WATER and have a treat at least once a week... try to stay away from fried foods but don't make them entirely off limits if you enjoy them...(again once a week)

exercise... walking daily, biking, etc... anything you can do to move for an hour a day.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 11:56 AM   #59
Raina~WerewolfQueen

I weight 147 and i am 5'7 feet
Raina~WerewolfQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 12:13 PM   #60
succubus,queenofvampires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctus Dei
Well folks from a studying dieticians point of view...
You're becoming a dietician?? Cool!!!

Now, I know who to ask all my diet-related questions!!

Cartman(South Park): It's a man's obligation to stick his boneration in a woman's separation; this sort of penetration will
Old 05-09-2006, 12:25 AM   #61
Catch

Actually, I think the problem is not feeling comfortable with your body Raina. I had problems with dieting too. Didn't eat near enough and completely unaware of all the activities I was involved in. However, a very clever man once pointed out to me that showing skin is what gets the fantasies going for men. So if a bunch of men are putting you down and always perferring another women, here are some tips.

Alway wear at least eye-liner, mascare and lipgloss. Make sure you are wearing the right bra size. Often take your jacket off to expose bossom, though wearing a semi-tight, long-sleeve shirt. Pull your hair back and basically just show off a bit.

Men are pigs.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:34 AM   #62
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch

Often take your jacket off to expose bossom, though wearing a semi-tight, long-sleeve shirt.

Pull your hair back and basically just show off a bit.

Men are pigs.
We don't make this shit up folks!!

*hysterical laughter*

Umm, and I am the only one that notices that ironic contradiction in the above Pearlets of *cough* Wisdom??

*wipes tears away*

Now if we could only find a way to sew her legs together so she doesn't multiply..

Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 07:29 AM   #63
Wise Child

Quote:
I weight 147 and i am 5'7 feet
I'm 5''7 and weigh ten stone, which is around 140 pounds, I think. Admittedly I have a 34 FF rack, which could account for a fair bit of that. But to suggest you're obese at that weight is just ridiculous, frankly - I'm only a few pounds lighter than you and no fucker is gonna tell me I'm overweight. (Not suggesting that's what you're trying to do, BTW - just read that back and it sounded a little aggressive. Sorry about that!) Scales don't mean much. How do you look? Is your face chubby, do you get out of breath easily when walking? A bit of a tummy doesn't count - generally, everyone but naturally thin people and people who do toning excercises has that a little. A woman's stomach is not naturally flat. If your chest is small, you may be a little on the chubbier side of average but that's all, in my opinion. I read a height/weight chart once that said, from a health point of view, at 5''6 you can weigh up to 10 and a half stone (your weight) before you're even overweight, let alone obese - and since you're slightly taller, I'd assume that would be slightly higher. To reiterate, I consider you the heavier side of average, and DEFINITELY not obese.

Old 05-09-2006, 07:36 AM   #64
Wise Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch
Alway wear at least eye-liner, mascare and lipgloss. Make sure you are wearing the right bra size. Often take your jacket off to expose bossom, though wearing a semi-tight, long-sleeve shirt. Pull your hair back and basically just show off a bit.

Men are pigs.
Then why would you want to go to the trouble of staying in constant make-up to get their attention? If you don't even think they're worth it anyway, I mean.

You sure you got that low self-esteem sorted?...

Old 05-09-2006, 07:43 AM   #65
Mistress-Liriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oubliette
Trim Spa took my appatite away. I lost 20lbs and then found I was too poor to keep up with it, but it definitely works.
New Trim Spa w/o Ephedra? Or the good old ephedra version? I lost weight with the latter, but they only make the ephedra free now, which I hear isn't as good.
Mistress-Liriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 12:31 PM   #66
mutsumiasakura

Location: In the darkest corner of the smallest, most boring town in the universe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spookypurple
And make sure you drink 2 litres of plain water a day!
Do you know how HARD it is to drink that much water?!?!? That's practically half of my body weight!
Hydrating is what I hate most about being healthy, besides the exercise. I'm far from being fat, but I haven't exercised since it ceased to be a requirement in high school. (That translates to "over a year"). The stomach area is getting a bit pudgy.
I need to do it. I just have no motivation.

"Poetry is the deification of reality." -Edith Sitwell

"Whoso eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood hath eternal life . . . "
mutsumiasakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 12:58 PM   #67
succubus,queenofvampires

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutsumiasakura
Do you know how HARD it is to drink that much water?!?!? That's practically half of my body weight!

I can drink 2 liters easily!! I drink a lot of water. I drink about 1 liter at school only.
But, perhaps, it's due to the hot weather...
Where do you live?

Old 05-09-2006, 01:01 PM   #68
mutsumiasakura

Location: In the darkest corner of the smallest, most boring town in the universe.
Hmm. I live in Eastern Washington. It's really hot in the summer and very cold in the winter. And yes, I should be drinking that much; I'm in a constant state of dehydration.
It's just difficult for me to drink that much water.

"Poetry is the deification of reality." -Edith Sitwell

"Whoso eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood hath eternal life . . . "
mutsumiasakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 01:14 PM   #69
succubus,queenofvampires

Oh, ok. Well, then you should start drinking more water. It's really beneficial.

Old 05-09-2006, 01:59 PM   #70
endemonidia

I question I was pondering, that the black-wearing dieticians amoung you might be able to answer: I've read that a big problem with fizzy drinks is the fact that they're carbonated. The sugar doen't help, but the carbonation-wossname has serious implications of osteoporosis, etc. Does fizzy water have the same implications? Or do the benefits of getting water down you outweigh the disadvantages of the carbonic acid? Just curious...
endemonidia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 06:40 PM   #71
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Child
Then why would you want to go to the trouble of staying in constant make-up to get their attention? If you don't even think they're worth it anyway, I mean.

You sure you got that low self-esteem sorted?...
The point is them liking someone else more. Don't you see that!

Anyway, I'm guilty of the low-high standard. It isn't asking for much to think a guy would like me for more and we'd find a deep emotional bond. Except, I don't believe that will ever happen.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:36 PM   #72
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by endemonidia
I question I was pondering, that the black-wearing dieticians amoung you might be able to answer: I've read that a big problem with fizzy drinks is the fact that they're carbonated. The sugar doen't help, but the carbonation-wossname has serious implications of osteoporosis, etc. Does fizzy water have the same implications? Or do the benefits of getting water down you outweigh the disadvantages of the carbonic acid? Just curious...
Actually I have been told that the worst thing about the fizzy drinks is that the carbonation makes you feel full and hydrated because all of the air in the bubbles takes up a lot of volume when you swallow the drink but you aren't actually full or hydrated because once the drink the air does nothing for either. You soon end up thirsty again but your brain thinks that it is hungry (because the receptors are so close and your mind assumes that since you just had a drink that you must be hungry)
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 12:16 PM   #73
Catch

I've heard that too. Really any sugary drink should be treated like a treat.

I drink a lot of water everyday. Feeling a lot better. Has helped break my addiciton to sugary drinks. Also drink fruit juice. Probably get a glass of orange-grape in a minute.
Old 05-14-2006, 06:11 AM   #74
NachtSorcier

The simplest diet I know of that works is to eat six small meals a day instead of three large ones. Have some cereal in the morning, then some fruit for brunch, a sandwich for lunch, some more fruit or vegetables for a snack, a sensible dinner, and fruit or vegetables for an evening snack. Don't eat cheese before bed, though; it can give you nightmares.

Diet pills can be very dicey. They can cause heart and blood problems. Just eat sensibly, cut down on the sugar (If you can't give up soda, diet soda is gross at first, I know, but you get used to it and even start to like it), and get a little exercise everyday.

Just don't starve yourself! When you don't eat, your body reacts as though there is a famine and stores every little thing you do eat as fat. Not a good thing.

Also, you can try the diabetic diet. My former partner found out he was borderline diabetic and his doctor gave him a diet to follow and I followed it with him for support. We both lost 10 pounds in several months. Basically you just have to learn what carbs are bad and which are good. "Good" carbs go quickly through your system and are in rice. Eat lots of rice.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Visit my online store: http://www.websofsilver.com
NachtSorcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 07:04 AM   #75
spookypurple

Brown rice, if you can. Brown basmati rice if at all possible. And oats. Oats are good too.

Hamlet
spookypurple is offline   Reply With Quote