Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:14 AM   #51
meezerosity

I'll go with the others that said who cares? I have a lot of cute things from hot topic I got on sale, when they do that 50% off already clearance items its too much of a steal not to stock up. Besides, in a few months when this blows over all the things in stores will be on sale because its not in style anymore, and then the likes of us can go to town As much as I love DIY, I'm not going to be a prat and claim that I made every last scrap of clothing, buying new and ready made things is a luxury and why not take advantage of it? I don't have the time to sit around and sew for hours to look good, but I do enjoy it when I have the time and resources.
meezerosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 04:48 PM   #52
Joker_in_the_Pack

About Hot Topic: You try finding pyramid stud leather belts that look as nice for cheaper. Not easy. Damn hard, even at Crustpunks or Studsandspikes.
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 09:20 PM   #53
Pineapple_Juice

^ this is true. Diss HT though we all might, I'm sure everyone here has bought at least one thing from there. What keeps me out is the smell and the prices.
Pineapple_Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 06:46 AM   #54
crucifix

^true. I have bought some stuff there before. They are the only place that have jeans in my size and I do like their belts. I don't really like them as a regular store to shop at though, because everyone that does buy everything there starts to look like a cookie cutter image of each other and there is not uniqueness to their look whatsoever.
crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 08:51 AM   #55
maromi12d3

I like hot topic for its stockings. And spencer gifts.
maromi12d3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:33 AM   #56
twistedsyn

Who cares. Are you going to stop doing what your doing just because more people are dressing like you?

I like it that H&M and other stores are carrying some nice stuff in black so I don't have to order it online. And Hot Topic has a few nice things like fishnet shirts, tee's and occasional nice Tripp stuff. There are barely any brick stores that sell goth clothing as it is, don't bash those that are out there.

If goth is going mainstream maybe it will mean that "normal" people wont look sideways at me as much, especially at work.

I wear what I like because "I" like it, not because others are wearing it and I want to fit in, unless I like what they are wearing, but most of the time I take that and DIY it to make it mine anyways.

If everyone in the world started dressing "goth" it wouldn't change the way I go day by day anyways, and if you do, then you were only dressing for someone else not yourself. I DIY a lot of my stuff because am tired of seeing a lot of off the rack clothing, and sometimes 2-3 people wearing the same outfits.
twistedsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:55 PM   #57
Winslow

I totally agree with you, I used to wear my goth clothes all the time, and I was pretty much the only one in my town, but then one of my friends started to dress goth, at first she couldn't take the pressure of being yelled names and stuff, but then she got used to it and it was alright. Now, having some of my friends discovering their goth sides because of me is great, but when the emo fashion became oh-so-freakin'-popular, I have to admit that I dressed goth a little less everyday because I did not wanted to be mistaken for an emo. See, I'm not against emos, it's just that it's so far from what I am, I'm a though cookie, I don't cry, I hate emo-music and I'm much more of a sadist than a masochist!
Winslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:07 AM   #58
crucifix

^I find the opposite. Since emo has become popular in my city I have developed my look more. I used to be fairly plain and casual looking but I now have moved on to a more vampire look. I have a friend who is a total emo and it is so funny when people want to call me one too when I am with him. There we are, me all in black pinstripe pants, a black button down, a black vest, black shoes, silver jewelry, and my makeup done oh so subtley to make me look tired and pale and there he is in tight girl pants, vans, tight t, and a white hoodie with bright green stripes. I think people see the difference in us but still shout emo at me because they are too lazy to think about the difference. When you look at it, he and I look totally different.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:00 AM   #59
Winslow

Well I did not look emo either, but as you said, people just don't see the difference, or they don't wanna take the time to think about it... The thing that made me worry about my dark look is that I recently got glasses and I can't wear contacts, and I can't go without my glasses 'cause I'd bump into walls, so I think I'd look more emo because of the glasses, since emos seem to wear them for no reason...
Winslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:01 AM   #60
maromi12d3

Thats just peoples ignorance Crucifix. Dont worry what they think. I actually like the emo and scene style. I guess I am the only one XD
maromi12d3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:17 PM   #61
crucifix

^I like the style too, per se. However, I do not find that on me it expresses who I am or my interests and I cannot stand most emos or scene kids attitudes. I also do not enjoy emo music in the slightest. My friend looks emo as fuck, but he is pretty normal. Not whiny at all. His boyfriend is a former scene kid and as sweet as can be, not all stuck up and "OMG I am so scene" like, you know? Again, it is the attitude of the majority that irritates me. I'd rather look like a vampire anyway lol
Old 12-09-2008, 01:26 PM   #62
crucifix

Also, I have found some of the same attitude problem with younger goths in my city. The older ones that I know say I am like goths from back in their day. The younger ones around my age are so "gothyer than thou" with their attitudes that it can be as annoying as an emo. Not all of them are like that, but most are. I guess I live in a city filled with overly uber treenage posuer (don't like the word, but there is no other one for it) goths and emos with a fair scattering of old school goths. I hate it when kids drop $$ at hot topic and then go "boom! I am a goth now!" Yeah.....right