Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 02-11-2006, 07:25 AM   #101
dbloke

Smile

To compound the situation, my girlfriend's language/knowledge is different to mine since she started a suitable school very late in life at 8yrs old. Shes from Guyana where disabilities are hidden away so lacked understanding and teaching there. So I spent a fair bit of time explaining the situation as I promised 10 years ago to be there for anything, to teach her anything she wants to know and explain situations/new things

Heh, I've all sorts to get my 10 months old son to eat whom seems to prefer his mummy, so usually ends up with my gf taking over and I'm just say nearby making silly noises + faces. It gets him eating. Kids are great

Its all a learning experience, even the 2nd time lol
dbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 05:55 AM   #102
dbloke

Wow, my baby son has just starting becoming noisier, trying to talk using baby talk and hes making up his own signs.

Even though he's my 2nd, they never cease to amaze
Old 02-13-2006, 06:46 AM   #103
wild spider

hey if any of you goth mums n dads live in england anywhere near manchester i suggest Aflex's Palace. its like a big department store for goths, darn groovy. you can get tiny little misfits, dead kennedys etc tshirts for little 'uns, and baby grows with cynical phrases.

tres maginfique
wild spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 07:02 AM   #104
Blushing Heliophobe

Where is it, like what city/county? If I live in North/South Suffolk am I close?
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 07:20 AM   #105
wild spider

suffolk..thats middleish isnt it? shit at geography..

its in Manchester wich is northish...
Old 02-13-2006, 07:22 AM   #106
Blushing Heliophobe

I'm about 2 hours driving distance north of London...it is beginning to sound like too much of a trip...think Cambridge, Newmarket - that's near me. Oh well.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:24 AM   #107
wild spider

yeah bugger that...

anyways if youve got a printer you can get that paper that prints onto clothes so you could just do it yourself, probly alot cheaper
Old 02-22-2006, 12:54 AM   #108
Blushing Heliophobe

I am reviving this thread in order to give you all the latest glimpse of Knocked Up Heliophobe!!!

Well here is me 5 months preggie. I'm going to find out Monday if it's a boy or girl.

Also, check out my hair. It survived my last hair appointment and it's still there! I wish I could rock the awesome colors Demonista and Eyes do...*sigh*...but oh well.

Enjoy!
Old 02-22-2006, 01:01 AM   #109
IlGato_DiDiablo

Beautiful, just beautiful.

I hope you get what you wanted. I don't think i'll ever get married or have kids.
IlGato_DiDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 01:03 AM   #110
Blushing Heliophobe

Oh, it's not so bad.

I hope I have a girl so she can beat up my neighbor's little boy.

But a boy would be great too.

We will either have a Kathryn (after Hepburn) or a Connor.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:56 AM   #111
Wise Child

Connor is one of my two most favourite boy's names in the world! Good call, Helio.

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 12:13 PM   #112
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushing Heliophobe
I am reviving this thread in order to give you all the latest glimpse of Knocked Up Heliophobe!!!

Well here is me 5 months preggie. I'm going to find out Monday if it's a boy or girl.

Also, check out my hair. It survived my last hair appointment and it's still there! I wish I could rock the awesome colors Demonista and Eyes do...*sigh*...but oh well.

Enjoy!
You are so Fucking Beautiful..

*rubs your tummy*

Diggin on the hair too.. Glad it didn't fall out

Try to get a copy of the Ultrasound Photos on CD when you're there, so we can see them if you want to share. I'm soooooooo excited for you.

*big hugs*
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 12:03 AM   #113
Blushing Heliophobe

Thank you girls!

*rubs belly for everyone*

Geisha - I was originally going to go with Katie, so I like Kathryn because it seems a bit more informal spelling of Katherine. Plus I don't want her name to be spelled the same as everyone elses'. I'm not offended - I know that underneath your dominating exterior, there's a cream filling of sweet Geisha-ness, that is!

As per Xng's request - side view!

Old 02-23-2006, 10:41 AM   #114
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushing Heliophobe
Thank you girls!

*rubs belly for everyone*

Geisha - I was originally going to go with Katie, so I like Kathryn because it seems a bit more informal spelling of Katherine.

Kathryn is also how Hepburn spelled her name.

Did I ever tell ya'll I got to be within six inches of the Screen Legend herself once? It's a cool story if anyone is interested. I will cherish that memory for a lifetime. She was so amazing..

And I loooooooooove the little Baby Bump..

*rubs your tummy*

Have you noticed the Baby responding to music yet?

My Hellspawn LOVED the Beastie Boys when I was pregnant. I don't know if it was the Bass or what, but he really really responded to their music. He listens to just about everything I do now. It's pretty sweet.

Did you get that Book yet? I only pester you about it, because it helped me so much. Until he was in his Toddlers, that whole series saved my ass. Taught me sooooooo much. And I love how the Author is just so blunt, and includes questions from REAL moms about issues you wouldn't normally read about in a baby book.

How are you feeling? Is your Body handling the changes well?
You look Fabulous by the way, simply Beautiful..

My son asked me a question I wasn't expecting yet, the other night.

He said " Mom, do Girl ever Kiss Girls? "
I thought for a second and said " Yes. "
Then he said " Do Boys ever Kiss Boys? "
Again; " Yes. "
He thought for a moment and responded with;
" Do Girls ever Marry Girls and Boys ever Marry Boys? "
I thought for another moment, and decided to explain this one as simply as I could.
" In some States Yes, Girls can Marry Girls and Boys can Marry Boys. "
He says " How come they can't do it everywhere? "
Me;" Because some people think Marriage should be between a Man and a Woman."
Him; " Being a Grown Up is Very Complicated.."
Me; " Yes Baby, it is really, really complicated.. "

Phew.. I never expected those questions so early. I hope I handled it okay. I've always been honest with him, and I don't see any reason not to be now.

Oy. My brain hurts.

*bites nails*
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 03:52 PM   #115
WolfMoon

No way!

You'll always be Xng to me! Even if we meet some day.

WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 03:54 PM   #116
WolfMoon

BH, ABSO-FAWKING-LUTELY BEE-YOO-TEE-MUS belly shots!

You look so happy.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 12:32 AM   #117
Blushing Heliophobe

Thank you everyone!

EPS - no, I swore off pregnancy books because I started getting really upset worrying about my baby. I think I'm at the point where I can breathe a little bit more easily and buying books is on my list. S/he doesn't seem to respond to music - but I do get kicked whenever I 'squish' the baby - like when I slouch at my desk, or roll on my tummy. The cutest thing is, I get goodnight kicks every night when I lay down!

I don't have any parent cred yet, but I think that if they're old enough to wonder about something then they're old enough to recieve an age-appropriate response. I love to hear about your conversations! I'm keeping notes.

Xng - uh, see, I knew that. I was naming my baby after you! (I am kidding but it's cute anyways)

Thank you Wolfie! Actually, I was laughing because the first pictures came out like "The motherfucker taking these pictures is the one who knocked my ass up, dammit". These are the second shots

I want to be able to call her something cute when she's little (like Kat or Katie) but when she's older she can use her more grown up name if she chooses.

EPS - I would love to hear the story!
Old 02-24-2006, 04:26 AM   #118
dbloke

Hmm I loved my girlfriend's bump when she was pregnant. I think she got fedup of me because I kept carassing the bump, hugging it and playing music which made the baby do a dance in the bump

I once told her, I wish she didnt have to do all the work - the 9 months of carrying the baby and all that. If it were possible, I'd have done the work

Good luck with the baby Heliophobe
Old 02-24-2006, 04:43 AM   #119
Blushing Heliophobe

Thank you!

We sing a version of that BEP song...

My lovely Baby Bump, not the back, but in the front - check it out!
Old 02-24-2006, 06:18 AM   #120
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars

My son asked me a question I wasn't expecting yet, the other night.

He said " Mom, do Girl ever Kiss Girls? "
I thought for a second and said " Yes. "
Then he said " Do Boys ever Kiss Boys? "
Again; " Yes. "
He thought for a moment and responded with;
" Do Girls ever Marry Girls and Boys ever Marry Boys? "
I thought for another moment, and decided to explain this one as simply as I could.
" In some States Yes, Girls can Marry Girls and Boys can Marry Boys. "
He says " How come they can't do it everywhere? "
Me;" Because some people think Marriage should be between a Man and a Woman."
Him; " Being a Grown Up is Very Complicated.."
Me; " Yes Baby, it is really, really complicated.. "

Phew.. I never expected those questions so early. I hope I handled it okay. I've always been honest with him, and I don't see any reason not to be now.
E_P_S, you done fine. I think that is absolutely the way I would have answered those questions. At some point, you'll reassure him that although being an adult is complicated, as you get older you get smarter and better at managing it. It might not come out that way, and you may already have done it in some other context. But you will end up having reassured him that when he gets older and life gets more complicated, he'll be up for it. And that's the best lesson a parent can impart.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 05:35 PM   #121
Manimal

Yeah. I would have thumped him on the head for talking about kissing and sent him to his room without supper, chain him to the wall and make him pray that God never finds out what a dirty little boy he is.

It's an excellent universal punishment. Sometimes I do it for no reason whatsoever just to keep them guessing. But that's just me.
Manimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 06:56 AM   #122
Wise Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimal
Yeah. I would have thumped him on the head for talking about kissing and sent him to his room without supper, chain him to the wall and make him pray that God never finds out what a dirty little boy he is.

It's an excellent universal punishment. Sometimes I do it for no reason whatsoever just to keep them guessing. But that's just me.
Don't forget to tell him, "mummy and I will never get a divorce, as long as you're a good boy."

Old 02-28-2006, 10:21 AM   #123
MonsterMomma

Okay Mummies...I've got a bit of an odd question. I always hesitate to bring it up because I don't want people judging what I know happened as bull. But every time I do, other women tell similiar stories

So, how many of you met your kid(dos) before you conceived/found out you were preggers?

With my daughter, I was in Bali in December. One night, right before we left I was feeling "weird". So I found a quiet spot and closed my eyes. The minute I did, I could see a baby in my arms. I asked the baby who it was, and what it wanted. She said she wanted to be my child, she wanted to be born through me. I told her it wasn't the best time, but if she waited until I was in a better place, I'd be happy to help her.

Travelled for three more months, then came back to NM. Two days after I got back I met my ex-husband, and four months later I was pregnant.

Then I had four miscarriages...oddly enough with pregnancies where there was no "visit".

Now, with this one(yeah, four weeks, but because of the four losses, not getting overly excited) I brought my daughter down for the first time to spend the night at The Beast's. She and I were cuddled on his couch when I looked over and saw a baby sitting on his livingroom floor. Then a few days after she and I moved in, I saw him again. This time he crawled across the floor, pulled himself up by the couch, and stood there looking at me doing "the baby bounce".

Even though I'm trying to keep the exitment at bay until I'm at 12wks with a good heartbeat, I can't help but feel really, really good about this one.

Like I said, usually when I tell the story of my daughter, other women start stepping-up and telling their own version of the story...hearing a child's laughter through their house days before they found out they were preggers. One women bought a doll at a craft sale for "her daughter" a week before finding out she was pregnant, and it turned out the doll looked exactly like her daughter.

So, anyone else here have a story to tell?
MonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 10:24 AM   #124
Wise Child

Er... no.

Damn, I feel mundane.

Still though, best of luck with this one. Hopefully the fact that you "saw" this baby too eill prove a good sign!

Old 03-01-2006, 12:49 AM   #125
Blushing Heliophobe

Wow, that's a trip. I hope all 'visions' don't come true, because I had a dream that my baby came out black - my husband is white

Just to clear the air, no possibilities of that happening in actuality...

So, here's the big news...

IT'S A BOY!!!

Here is Connor Aaron...

Anybody here have a boy, that could see his stuff on the ultrasound screen? That is just amazing! We could even see his little balls. I'm so proud of my boy *sniff*

Last edited by Empty_Purple_Stars; 03-01-2006 at 08:50 AM.