Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 08-01-2007, 07:33 AM   #51
Vic

Why when they act upon it would your sympathy go? They are still as messed up by acting upon their thoughts, as they are in thinking them surely?
Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 07:34 AM   #52
badteccy

Yes, but they can control it.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 08:23 AM   #53
Vic

Hmmm, but this man isn't controlling it. He's letting everyone know and he's watching these kids playing, taking pictures, and I don't want to imagine what else. If thats his preference, it's a problem, but should remain a private torture unless he gets help.
Ah I don't know. Until I've spoken to a pedophile I'll never know or understand how I truly feel about it. It just angers me a little to think that people would defend it.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:08 AM   #54
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
But he is doing something: he is broadcasting where he finds children, he blogs what he has admitted are erotic feelings and photos of children that arouse him etc. To expand upon my example, it would be as if I were one of the vampire freak members and proceeded to post explanations about how to sit in wait as a sniper and then assassinate someone in a way without leaving evidence of a crime, photos of desired victims etc. The intended victims would be horrified to read that I "lusted after killing them" and to read how I would do it etc. You and Ophelia are saying that would be acceptable.
That example is extremely different. He's not saying how to have sex with children and hide evidence. He mentions where he likes to go to look at children. ANYONE could figure that out. He's not giving away some secret to finding kids.

Not only that, but yes, it would be acceptable to say you lusted after killing people. If it horrifies you to read it...DON'T READ IT. He can't control his feelings, and he has every right to have them, and even talk about them. He isn't harassing anyone, and he isn't hurting anyone. It is not wrong until he acts on those feelings.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:13 AM   #55
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic
It just angers me a little to think that people would defend it.
Solumina and Ophelia have reached a logical conclusion in our collective search for truth, and may be correct in terms of debate, but in terms of what we want our common goals and morals to be, where we want to go as a people on this planet, I agree with you Vic. We should not defend but condemn this kind of behavior. The alternative is that future society will tolerate this behavior. Pedos will have equal rights and eventually want to marry children and say "stay out of my bedroom...uh nursery!".

As a father and grandfather, I feel a moral obligation to protect future generations while they are in their childhood and infancy from pedos.
If you give pedos increased rights and freedoms, someone else will lose theirs: children.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:14 AM   #56
Lapin

Ophelia is right unfortunately, despite my want to agree with Humane. He's scary as fuck, but he's not doing anything wrong as of now.

Humane, I doubt the world will come to that. We still believe in age of consent and all that. (Can you tell that I desperately want to agree with you?)

Damn.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:31 AM   #57
Vic

It's not about the age of consent. An infant is not given the option of consent where pedophilia is concerned.
I heard a story just today of a family who had an unknown pedo living under their very roof. He was the children's uncle and appeared to be excellent with the children. However, one evening whilst the parents were downstairs, he took the baby to bed and ***** it. To even THINK of doing something like that is just unbelievably grotesque. Humane is right. If we, as a society make Pedophilia seem an acceptable urge, or simply a festish! who knows what will happen. I don't think you'd be able to handle the consequences of that which you are attempting to defend.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:48 AM   #58
Lapin

I'm not bloody defending it! I'm just saying that if he has not acted on this urge, there is no legal reason to prosecute him! Pedophilia is sick and twisted in my personal opinion, but if he has never touched a child, he is within his legal rights to fantasize. (Ugh) We don't have thought police.

That was sick and disturbing. Thank you ever so -kindly- for sharing.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:50 AM   #59
Underwater Ophelia

Look at it this way, he's being up front about it. Think about how many people like little girls but hide it. That's MUCH more dangerous.
HumanePain, I will be damned if you've never found yourself attracted to a girl much too young for your age. There's nothing wrong with that! This man can't help his feelings, and he knows that, but he also seems to know it's wrong, because there is absolutely no reason to think he's ever acted on this.

What's more--would you rather this type of person lives in your neighborhood and doesn't tell anyone about this, or would you rather know, so you can protect your child as you see fit WITHOUT harassing the man or woman? I appreciate his honesty.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:31 AM   #60
HumanePain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
HumanePain, I will be damned if you've never found yourself attracted to a girl much too young for your age.
You are obsessed with convicting me of being a pedo! Funny! I have explained myself before:

https://www.gothic.net/boards/showpo...ostcount=13643

Old 08-01-2007, 10:33 AM   #61
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
You are obsessed with convicting me of being a pedo! Funny! I have explained myself before:

https://www.gothic.net/boards/showpo...ostcount=13643
No, no I'm not! You're just a good example as a middle-aged man.

I honestly didn't see that post, so I'm sorry I repeated myself.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:34 AM   #62
HumanePain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
No, no I'm not! You're just a good example as a middle-aged man.

I honestly didn't see that post, so I'm sorry I repeated myself.
This is actually a better explanation I made:

https://www.gothic.net/boards/showpo...ostcount=12978

Just ignore the first part where I am talking to Jillian about the evils of alcohol.

Old 08-01-2007, 10:51 AM   #63
Underwater Ophelia

HAHA! Hazie never did it for me, to be honest. But anyway, this isn't about me and you, this is about the debate.

SO ONWARD!
Old 08-01-2007, 12:11 PM   #64
Vic

My point is, he's not just fantasizing - I'm well aware that that's legal.
He's broadcasting it on a website for other pedo's to snarl at. It scares me what people like him are capable of. If he's as 'smart' as people may assume, then it's obvious he's capable of putting his thoughts into action. Ah! It will do no use in debating. Theres nothing anyone can do until he acts. [which he most likely will - who knows if we'll even know about it?]
Old 08-01-2007, 12:55 PM   #65
HumanePain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic
If he's as 'smart' as people may assume, then it's obvious he's capable of putting his thoughts into action. Ah! It will do no use in debating. Theres nothing anyone can do until he acts. [which he most likely will - who knows if we'll even know about it?]
Mind one's thoughts, for they become our actions.

Yes, if he is thinking about it, documenting it, discussing it, then eventually his actions will do it. Like badteccy said: they cannot control it. In other countries where castration of child molestors is legal, the pedos continue to molest children.

Old 08-01-2007, 01:22 PM   #66
badteccy

" He had been posting nonsexual pictures of children on a Web site intended to promote the acceptance of **********, and to direct other ********** to events and places where children tended to gather."
"
Okay, that's stupid.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:32 PM   #67
Crying_Crimson_Tears

If other ped.o.philes are telling him it's okay and keep tell him to go for it it's most likely he'll do it.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:34 PM   #68
Solumina

I feel sorry for pedos, they have an inability to create a loving bond with people their own age and instead have those feelings for an age group that society has deemed unacceptable. Many know that a child my not understand and/or reciprocate those feelings (let alone give consent) which is why most pedos DON'T form a sexual bond with those children and instead the relationship plays out much like someone who is secretly in love with their best friend, who never finds out about their feelings. Child molesters are another story, they are icky, nasty perverts who chose to harm multiple children (physically and emotionally). the two groups are not mutually exclusive but very few child molesters are in fact pedos (about 98% are heterosexual men and I'll give you a link to that stat as soon as I get home as it is from a debate I did last year and should still be saved there)
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:36 PM   #69
Solumina

Besides it really looks like this guy is after attention (who knows that may be what he really gets off on)
-Carbon Leaf
Old 08-01-2007, 02:08 PM   #70
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Duckman
You know what pisses me off? Besides paedophiles, obviously. When one of the fuckers enters the stage, all of a sudden EVERY guy is a paedophile! One moved into my area a few years back, and whenever a chick sees a regular dude, just chillin' out, walking his dog, they're all like "GET AWAY FROM ME YOU PERVERT!!!" and I'm all like "Margaret, I'm your neighbour, I've known you for two years." and they're all "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGH!!!" and hit you with a face full of pepper spray, and I'm all "HOLY FUCKING JESUS!!! IT BURNS!!!!!" and they're all "I'm sorry, but you're a guy, so you're obviously a paedophile. Say, you going to McCunnocks bar tonight?" and I'm all "CALL ME A FUCKING AMBULANCE, LADY!!!" and she's all "Fuck, no need to be so rude, I was just asking a question." and I'm all "WHAT TE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU!!! I CAN' FUCKIN' SEE!!!" and she's all "Well FUCK YOU, so!"

I hate that shit.
Or, you could just yell out "I'm not a pedophile, I'm an ephebophile, you stupid twit!" just to throw them for a loop.
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 02:10 PM   #71
Underwater Ophelia

I've got nothing to say I haven't said before (LOL.) so I'll refrain from posting in here until something new comes up.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:12 PM   #72
Beneath the Shadows

From a FOX news article...

Quote:
The reason he created the Web site is to promote association, friendship and legal, consensual cuddling between men and pre-pubescent girls, he told FOX News.
Wow, sounds like someone took that one scene from Natural Born Killers and several episodes of Care Bears and put them into a blender together...

Here's the article, if no one's seen it...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,291630,00.html
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 04:18 PM   #73
KontanKarite

We're not defending him so much as we are defending the first amendment, people.

This guy's a fucking jackass and possible criminal. But the first amendment is more important to me. *shrugs*

If we silence him, then who else would we find to silence? We can justify anything to silence.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 04:58 PM   #74
Godslayer Jillian

People, if you notice, what you're afraid of is not of meeting a pedophile.
It's of a pedophile acting upon his urges and r.aping a child.
The real crime is r.ape in here; not p.edop.hilia.
It just comes back to my remark that society always tends to place the formerly said act into the latterly said quality.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 05:03 PM   #75
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
I feel sorry for pedos, they have an inability to create a loving bond with people their own age and instead have those feelings for an age group that society has deemed unacceptable. Many know that a child my not understand and/or reciprocate those feelings (let alone give consent) which is why most pedos DON'T form a sexual bond with those children and instead the relationship plays out much like someone who is secretly in love with their best friend, who never finds out about their feelings. Child molesters are another story, they are icky, nasty perverts who chose to harm multiple children (physically and emotionally). the two groups are not mutually exclusive but very few child molesters are in fact pedos (about 98% are heterosexual men and I'll give you a link to that stat as soon as I get home as it is from a debate I did last year and should still be saved there)
here is the link sorry I can't point you to the exact spot as the page is a bit long
-Carbon Leaf