Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 02-08-2006, 09:18 AM   #26
JuliaGaltic

Hehehe... thank you! All four of them have the little "M" on their forehead. I love that too. They're my favorite type of markings on a kitty.

I don't think you got on a high horse. Quite the opposite, I think you kept a pretty level head considering how personal a blow this was to you and what you try to do everyday. Like I said, I was very sad and freaking out..you've all helped tremendously with that and I'm feeling a little sheepish now.

Charlotte, Randy and Shug Knight sound like amazing cats. I'm glad to hear they got a good home with you. I'm sure they're as happy as can be.

Thank you for your advice and your support.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:32 AM   #27
Empty_Purple_Stars

I couldn't help thinking about this image, when I saw what you named one of your Meow's, Gnossos.

You should take a Kitty Mugshot for giggles.

*Hee*
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 10:16 AM   #28
WolfMoon

HAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!

That's freakin' hilarious, girl.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 05:51 PM   #29
Gnossos

Oh, I would, except that I am completely clueless as to using Photoshop and/or posting pictures. The huz knows how to do these things, but is singularly uninterested in helping me do so. I'll ask him extra nicely tonight.

Shug was formerly known as Midnight at the shelter. He was a foster cat who became our forever cat, and I just couldn't cotton to having a black cat with such a prosaic name. Ol' Suge was in the news quite a bit at the time; our friend Ted suggested it, and it stuck. I changed it to a phonetic spelling to avoid confusion at the vets.

Since Randy and Shug are obviously gay (they make out constantly, and we're fine with that- we love them no more and no less), I'd also like to do a "Brokeback Kitty" kind of thing, with little Stetsons, which would be unutterably precious.

We'll work on it.
Gnossos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 06:05 PM   #30
Empty_Purple_Stars

That would friggin rule..

Oh the funniness..

If I was better with Photoshop I'd do it myself.

The Brokeback Meow schtick would also be hilarious.

Animals Rule!

And so do you. We're so lucky to have you as part of our Group..

*Squeezy Hugs*
Old 02-08-2006, 06:20 PM   #31
~Nix Nightingale~

OMGosh Julia she's adorable!!! i hope everything turns out ok. She looks just like my kitty from a few years ago (who sadly passed away) named Neo. I've never heard of anything like whats happening with your kitty, hopefully someone will be able to help!
<3

Kisses
I broke myself, shattered, tied a bow around every piece, you'll love the eyes. Have they always shown so vacantly? The more I show the less you'll want to know. I can't stop the insects that are feeding, pull the needles from beneath my skin.... ~ A Fire Inside ~
~Nix Nightingale~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 04:48 PM   #32
Gnossos

Here he is! Mid "Shug" Knight.
Stone cold killa, yo. Nightmare walkin, psychopath talkin, and like that.

Old 02-10-2006, 06:57 AM   #33
WolfMoon

Seriously cute pic, Gnossos.

Santarea, it should be her little black, purple-lippie-smeared heart.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:26 AM   #34
Disfunction

I'm glad that there was a more or less positive resolution to this. I'd have been quite worried for your cute little kitty.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 08:27 AM   #35
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnossos
Here he is! Mid "Shug" Knight.
Stone cold killa, yo. Nightmare walkin, psychopath talkin, and like that.

Holy Crimininal Kitties Batman!!!

That's friggin Fun-Knee!! I don't care who you are....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santarea

No, wait, yuor're goth. You have a heart of, uh, leather and lace.

Yeah... that works.
You just turned her into Stevie Nicks.

o.O
Old 02-10-2006, 10:47 AM   #36
JuliaGaltic

Santarea, I wish you lived closer as well. I would've given you the kitten in a heartbeat. At least that way I could talk you into posting pictures every once in a while.
I think that's what bothers me most of all, that the goodbye is soo final!

Nix and Disfunction, she is adorable! It helps knowing that I have your positive energy going towards the little angel. Every little bit helps.

Thank you all for keeping her in your thoughts as much as you have.

I just dropped her off, it was very matter-of-fact and kind of cold. Just sign here, put her in the carrier and you're on your way. Needless to say, I burst into tears as soon as I got out the door, but the shelter was really nice and so were the people. They don't only have cages, they also have little habitats for them to climb everywhere and play with lots and lots of space. Everytime I've been there, there's always been dogs running and playing with people. They all look happy and taken care of and they do advertise themselves as a No Kill shelter. There are a lot of older animals there. That, along with the general care that I saw from the employees/volunteers, convinced me that this was the best place for her.

I have my sad music on and I'll be in mourning for at least today. What havoc one little creature like that can wreak! I feel good other than missing her so no worries.

Gnossos, that is such an adorable cat. Looks like it has so much personality as well.

EPS, thank you most of all!
Old 02-10-2006, 06:21 PM   #37
Gnossos

Julia- I'm sorry that you're hurting so. I got a bit teary myself when I read your last post, and I have been sending many, many good wishes your way (and the little sweeties', too, of course).

If it's any help, the shelter you described sounds great, like a textbook example of 21st century humane animal care. You made the right decision, and the best choice. Because you love her.

My grumpy old Dad used to say, "People who love animals shouldn't have them; it's too hard to say goodbye." He generally made this pronouncement with a cat curled up on his lap (he specialized in irony).

He knew that was bullshit; it's just that we feel, and hurt, and CARE when, for whatever reason, a pet leaves our home.

If there weren't people like you in this world, it'd be a much harder place for our furry (and scaley, shelled, et al.,) friends.

Anyway, *huge hugs* I hope you're feeling better, Julia. And take care.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:29 PM   #38
JuliaGaltic

Gnossos, you big mushy-mush! Hehe, I should talk!

Santarea, I appreciate the thought so much.

Today will be the hardest day but, as afore mentioned, having the support I've been receiving here and knowing that all those positive thoughts are going my angel's way, has helped tremendously. It would've been a lot harder for me without these comforts.

Hugs and Kisses all around! (Yes, Kisses with a capital "K")
Old 02-11-2006, 01:53 AM   #39
Sanctus Dei

Please ma'am... can I have another?
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 02:04 AM   #40
Wise Child

*joins the circle of love*

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 07:04 AM   #41
WolfMoon

What are we hippies?

Okay, I'll join the love-fest, but I'm not singin' any whiny protest songs!
Old 02-11-2006, 07:23 AM   #42
Wise Child

Don't deny it - we all know you have a long, flowing skirt and a tie-dye top hidden away somewhere.

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote