Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 07-07-2010, 06:37 AM   #1
vindicatedxjin

Angry Counter Protest Against Westboro Baptist Church

I just got invited on facebook to participate in this counter protest that will be happening here in Dallas...and I'm seriously considering going. I'm disgusted...

Quote:
Fred Phelps is the bigot preacher of Westboro Baptist Church and they publicly “HATE FAGS & JEWS.” You can visit them at their webpage www.godhatesfags.com. See detailed picket schedule at http://www.godhatesfags.com/schedule.html.

WBC is COMING to Dallas and Arlington, TX between 7/9- 7/11/10 and picketing churches, community centers, museums, etc.

WE NEED A HUGE GROUP OF COUNTER PROTESTORS TO PICKET LOVE, RESPECT, AND TRUTH! So tell your friends….lots of folks who care for humanity! I am making signs that quote scriptures from the Bible that defend equality and demolish their hate! Feel free to make your own. God loves all his children. That’s if you believe in God. However, our 1st Amendment allows you any religious and non-religious choice! Be a part of the solution, NOT THE PROBLEM! Stand with us in a peaceful manner! There is no fighting hate with hate. Trust me, it gets nowhere. This is much more effective!

I have included WBC's rationale for each picket. I'll be at the Arlington protests 30 min early for each. Hope to see you at one or more!

Counter Protests ARRANGED for the following:

• Friday 7/9/10 @ 6:15-6:45 PM (Dallas, TX) - "Congregation Beth el Binah at the Gay & Lesbian Center 2701 Reagan Street WBC will picket Congregation Beth el Binah at the John Thomas Gay and Lesbian Center of Dallas to remind them that the Lord, who destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for being a bunch of filthy fags, still reigns sovereign. How much worse will it be for this generation of sodomites, having had that example of the Lord's wrath poured out?"

• Sunday 7/11/10 @ 9:00-9:45 AM (Arlington, TX) - "Fielder Road Baptist Church 1323 West Pioneer Parkway WBC will picket Fielder Road Baptist Church to remind these so-called Christians that by paying preachers to lie, they are incurring God's wrath. The pay the preaches to tell them that they each have free-will and that their fate is in their own hands."

• Sunday 7/11/10 @ 10:45-11:30 AM (Arlington, TX) - "Most Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church 2100 North Davis Drive WBC to picket the Most Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church of Dallas to remind these hard-hearted Catholics that Priests **** Boys. Catholics pay the priests to lie on God and tell them that they do not have to obey."

Counter protests are NOW ARRANGEDfor the following; however, smaller groups:

• Friday 7/9/10 @ 2:15-2:45 PM (Dallas, TX) -" Dallas Holocaust Museum 211 North Record Street, Suite 100 WBC to picket the Dallas Holocaust Museum to remind the Jews that the Lord their God caused the Holocaust."

• Friday 7/9/10 @ 3:00-3:30 PM (Dallas, TX) - "Jewish Community Center of Dallas 7900 Northaven Road WBC will picket the Jewish Community Center of Dallas to remind the Jews that they are cursed for killing Christ."

• Friday 7/9/10 @ 3:45-4:15 PM (Dallas, TX) - "Texas Jewish Post 7920 Belt Line Road, Suite 680 WBC will picket the Texas Jewish Post of Dallas to remind you Jews that the Lord has confounded your leaders and they have lead you astray."

• Friday 7/9/10 @ 4:30-5:00 PM (Dallas, TX) - "Yavneh Academy of Dallas 12324 Merit Drive WBC will picket the Yavneh Academy of Dallas to remind this nation that the teachers and parents (in particular, Jewish parents and teachers), of this next generation are lying to these children about God."

• Sunday 7/11/10 @ 9:45-10:30AM (Dallas, TX) - "Cathedral Shrine of the Virgin of Guadelupe 2215 Ross Avenue WBC to picket the Cathedral Shrine of the Virgin of Guadelupe to remind these people that Priests **** Boys. Catholics pay the priests to lie on God and tell them that they do not have to obey."

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:39 AM   #2
Tam Li Hua

I think it's a recipe for disaster, and that it will end in tears.

I don't want to be anywhere near either extremist group.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:45 AM   #3
vindicatedxjin

It just literally hurts my feelings, that there are such hateful people like WPC who are influencing they're children to be the same.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 07-07-2010, 06:53 AM   #4
Tam Li Hua

I know; it infuriates me too. They make all Christians look like stupid, unreasonable hate-mongers.

But they also scare me a little, in the sense that I have to wonder if they are viably dangerous or not. That's why I wouldn't want to approach anyone belonging to them.

After growing up where I did, and some of the experiences I've had, I just don't like to put myself in the middle of such a potent, potentially dangerous situation.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:57 AM   #5
vindicatedxjin

I'm not really scared of them, I'm just BEYOND annoyed that these people exist.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 07-07-2010, 06:59 AM   #6
Saya

I've been meaning to watch a documentary about them, but like Jesus Camp I'm just too horrified to watch.

But if you're going to protest, you can make it fun!

More at http://laughingsquid.com/san-francis...aptist-church/
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:03 AM   #7
vindicatedxjin

I like the where's waldo sign. I've been meaning to watch jesus camp.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 07-07-2010, 07:06 AM   #8
Saya

I had to turn it off when they were making little kids cry when talking about how evil Harry Potter is.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:09 AM   #9
vindicatedxjin

Oh boy, don't know if I could handle that...

Bring Kontan Back
Old 07-07-2010, 07:45 AM   #10
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua View Post
I don't want to be anywhere near either extremist group.
...either?
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:46 AM   #11
Despanan

I've watched it.

It's really sad...He's raised an entire family to be IRL Trolls.

If there is a hell, there's a special place in it for that man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:50 AM   #12
Tam Li Hua

Alan: Either Westboro or the ones protesting Westboro. I'd rather not get in the middle of a literal religious war on the street.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:54 AM   #13
vindicatedxjin

But it's not a religious war. The counter protesters are going to be a group of chrisitans, atheists, straight people, gay people, jewish people etc etc. It's all about love vs. hate. And nothing more.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 07-07-2010, 08:06 AM   #14
Tam Li Hua

^ I honestly hope you're right, and that things don't turn ugly.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:09 AM   #15
vindicatedxjin

Regardless there is going to be tension but the counter protester coordinator posted....
Quote:
Our job is NOT to talk to, argue with, or give ANY attention whatsoever to WBC. We will be across the street (completely opposite of their side), with our signs, dancing and shouting.... We ONLY use our voices at the counter protest, and we are to COMPLETELY leave the WBC alone and ignore them. Make no mistake, they will do their best to make you angry enough to attack. It's how they work. Don't let them get to you, and just enjoy the love and party and unity that will be happening on OUR side of the street. We'll be sending letters out to people who are attending, going over some guidelines when dealing with these people. We will be recording this so if they attempt to cross their legal limits we will sue them! WE MUST OUTNUMBER THEM FOR OUR SAFETY AND OUR VICTORY!!!!!!

Again, WE DO NOT ENGAGE WBC UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES! It's important that we stay within our legal limits. This family is full of attorneys so they will sue you if you try anything. But we have the same understanding!
This is their business and WE CANNOT LET THEM MAKE ANY MONEY OFF OF US...defeats the whole purpose!

Bring Kontan Back
Old 07-07-2010, 08:14 AM   #16
ape descendant

Totally protest them... it will be fun.

Here's what these guys did.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZfZiBRFM5w
*warning: contains frat boys.*

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:23 AM   #17
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua View Post
Alan: Either Westboro or the ones protesting Westboro. I'd rather not get in the middle of a literal religious war on the street.
You think people protesting Westboro are extremists?
Fuck you. Sincerely fuck you.
real classy
Old 07-07-2010, 08:43 AM   #18
Tam Li Hua

Alan: *sigh*

No, but I know how religious extremists like Westboro work, and that things could easily take a turn for the worst. However, vin's recent post about the precautions being taken make me feel better.

I just don't want to see it turn ugly on -either- side, that's all; I sincerely hope the love and unity side gains greater support, and that westboro gives up and goes home. And if people want to go and support the love and unity side, then more power to them! I just wouldn't want to be in the middle of it right now. [Besides the fact that I'm nowhere near the area, I just have no desire to end up in the middle of any violent ugliness, if things come to that. I've had quite enough of that sort of thing in my life before, thank you very much, and don't want any more.]
Old 07-07-2010, 09:24 AM   #19
Beneath the Shadows

The best way to protest Westboro is to pay them no mind whatsoever.

Of course, everyone would have to be doing this, so good luck with that.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:27 AM   #20
Solumina

WBC doesn't get violent, they are always well within their legal rights, there are plenty of people who have been waiting years for them to step out of line, even the slightest bit, so they could get hit with something, anything.

I hope the counter-protests go well, wish there was something that I could do.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:49 AM   #21
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
You think people protesting Westboro are extremists?
Fuck you. Sincerely fuck you.
That is exactly what I was going to say.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:13 AM   #22
Tam Li Hua

Solumina: Oh. Ok.

I guess that renders precautions unnecessary.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:47 AM   #23
Alan

You didn't say you were worried things would get violent. You said the protesters are extremist.
Fuck you forever.
real classy
Old 07-07-2010, 11:02 AM   #24
Tam Li Hua

Alan: Oky doke then. Must be your time of the month, eh?
Old 07-07-2010, 11:25 AM   #25
Beneath the Shadows

Because, you know, the formation of an anti-Westboro extremist group is completely impossible.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote