Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 04-26-2006, 03:02 PM   #101
Binkie

I also stumbled across this the other night in reading up on Zarqawi's new video:

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/rdon...69A0B6E97F.jpg

That's him in the desert with what looks like an M249. What happened to al-Qaeda's boycott of US products?
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 03:54 AM   #102
CptSternn

Hey, they are readily available in Iraq now. Never fired, only dropped once!

I'm just telling you what was on the news here, well in the paper at least. I mean, the government doesn't want the people to know these things, and the US government surely doesn't. But it is and did happen.

And, if they come back through, it will happen again.

But lets face it, they should get used to it. When the troops do come home, there will be no parades, no V day, the best they can hope for is that people won't spit on them.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 09:54 AM   #103
Cambodian Breakfast

Are you kidding me sternn. I just got back form the states. I was treated better than before I was in. I recived discounts and even some free stuff at almost every store. I was told thank for serving serving. So there agine you are wrong. I like how you avoid the bullshit flag that was dropped on you. Nice move.
Cambodian Breakfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:18 AM   #104
Binkie

LOL. I know you don't live over here anymore, Sternn, so I wouldnt' expect you to know about the yellow ribbons that I see on virtually every other car on the road, or how that sentiment translates into exactly what Cambodian is talking about.

Keep living in your pipe dream and pretending to know what life is like in the States though. Unfortuntely, everyone here has more knowledge of what things are like here than you do, because we live here on a daily basis. You, on the other hand, have to read everything out of a news paper or watch it on the television and pretend like you know.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Old 04-27-2006, 10:32 AM   #105
Cambodian Breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
But lets face it, they should get used to it. When the troops do come home, there will be no parades, no V day, the best they can hope for is that people won't spit on them.
Besides the fact that you're wrong...

does this sour-grapes mentality make you feel better about being a self-righteous, hypocritical loser who has nothing better to do than hang about a forum that doesn't like you or even take you seriously?

*edit*
Cambo didn't log out - this is Helio. Whoops!
Old 04-28-2006, 06:01 AM   #106
CptSternn

Yeah, thats why the polls show:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/03/13/bush.poll/

Only 38 percent said they believe the nearly 3-year-old war was going well for the United States

Fifty-seven percent said they believe the March 2003 invasion of Iraq was a mistake

The latest poll found 51 percent of Americans believed the administration deliberately misled the public about whether Iraq had weapons of mass destruction

http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/0404/dailyUpdate.html

A series of recent polls in Britain and the US released in the past week have shown that a majority of the public in both countries has solidified its opposition the war in Iraq, or has come to question whether the war was worth the price that has been paid in blood and treasure.

And from the cover of TIME...

Why Iraq Was a Mistake

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...181629,00.html

So if 57% believe the us military is fighting a 'mistake', not a war, and almost as many believe the government misled them, are they supporters?

Outside of military areas like Norfolk, San Diego, and other miltary bases, your hard pressed to find any support.

According to polls and the average american citizen thinks the US troops are dying for a lie, dying for a 'mistake', NOT to bring 'democracy'.

So once again, no V day parades. Just scenes like the last US general hopping the last chopper off the roof of the embassy as the us flees and insurgents storm the building. Thats the best scenario anyone can hope for.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:04 AM   #107
Blushing Heliophobe

Then shame on you for celebrating the fact that your fellow human beings are dying for a lie.

Does it make you feel good that many of us have died before we could even legally drink?

Does that give you warm fuzzies in your little man area?

You're fucking pathetic.
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 02:02 PM   #108
Binkie

I think you're confusing support for the troops with support for the war, Sternn. Obviously you don't seem to understand a whole lot about the real anti-war movement over here these days. Cindy Sheehan, Murtha, the whole "bring our troops home/support our troops, not the war," CBS, etc. Understandable. You ran away from the US and live somewhere else cause you found out this wasn't Burger King and you couldn't "get it your way." So I won't fault you too much, cause you wouldn't really know. But FYI, you may want to look into that.
Old 04-29-2006, 06:20 AM   #109
CptSternn

Actually your the one reading in the anti-american sentiment. Once again, for some reason, questioning the Iraq war and the current administrations policies has led to people here assuming my comments are 'anti-american'. Thats one of those nice brainwashing techniques the current adminstration relies upon.

Question the war, means you question americans. Hate the war means you hate americans. Stand up against the war, means you stand up against americans.

Until americans realise they can disagree with their government, make a stand, protest, and that they will not be labelled 'un-patriotic', then the current status quo will remain.

People need to stand up and be counted if they disagree with the war. Those enlisted need to file for concincious observer status. If all the troops, or a large amount filed for CO status, people would take notice. IF their families protested their repeat deployments, extended tours, and the 'retintion' policy, it would have some effect.

But as long as everyone thinks they must sit down and take it less they appear 'anti-american', nothing is going to change. And, more people are going to die, for something no one other than the members of the current us regime cares about.

I read lots of anger in many posts, once again, directed at me. And I'll point out - if yer angry - focus it where it needs to be. If your against the war, do something, DSTM. If everyone who was angry about the war used that energy to make some type of political statement against the war, then the troops would be going home alot sooner.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:43 AM   #110
Blushing Heliophobe

There's no point in posting in this board anymore.

Congrats, Sternn, you've trolled this Politics forum to death.

I'm not even going to bother anymore.

Thanks for fucking up our boards.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:11 AM   #111
Binkie

Hmmm...

And on that note, I think it's about time ol' Sternny-Poo went back on the ignore list. It's been fun making you look stupid, Sternn, but your arguements are just plain ridiculous these days. I mean, it's obvious you ran out of any serious material in this arguement long ago, not to mention you back pedal more than a circus clown on a unicycle. You're just being a blowhard troll at this point.

Honestly, and I truely wonder in all honesty, how do you wake up in the morning and have any sort of self respect? I mean, maybe part of your brain doesn't work right or something. You're like a person with their hand positioned in the fire, failing to remove it despite the skin being burned completely off. To quote FMJ, my question is: "What is your major malfunction, numb nuts?"

You obviously don't know, so... *ignore*
Old 04-30-2006, 01:20 AM   #112
Blushing Heliophobe

Oh yeah - ignore.

It's been about one whole day since I last used that. So what the hell, here goes!
Old 04-30-2006, 04:29 AM   #113
CptSternn

Too bad the truth scares people so much they tune it out. Guess I should have posted more 'warm-n-fuzzy' stories of all the good things in Iraq and all the positive stuff bush has done. Oh wait, there is none of that.

Unless you count Jon Stewert's 'good news from Iraq' segments...

Today, three people were shot to death in a bakery in Baghdad. But president bush said he had been there and it wasn't actually bad news as, 'Those pasteries are to die for!'
Old 04-30-2006, 08:20 AM   #114
pitseleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
So once again, no V day parades. Just scenes like the last US general hopping the last chopper off the roof of the embassy as the us flees and insurgents storm the building. Thats the best scenario anyone can hope for.
This seems like a very unlikely scenario. Maybe you missed this, but the building of a gigantic US embassy is currently underway in Bagdhad. I read about in the latest issue of Newsweek. Can't be bothered to dig up a link right now, but just google it and you'll see. The whole compound will be only five acres short of the size of the Vatican, surrounded by walls (troops have already nicknamed it "mortaritaville") and with water processing and electrical facilities on-site.

So, it looks like they're there to stay.

I have nothing further to add to this discussion, I just wanted to point that out.
pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 09:41 AM   #115
Binkie

Yeah, Pits, I read the same article. Supposed to be one of the biggest embassy compounds in the world or something? I remember there was like a ridiculous amount of money being put into it for all these facilities. I know Newsweek mentioned it was the biggest something...

I think it was in the same issue that they also touched on the large "long term" US military compounds they're building out in the desert to run UAV drones for the Iraqis for a long, long time.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:57 AM   #116
CptSternn

Yeah, Sadaam did the same thing with all his palaces. That didn't seem to help much though.

It reminds me of the castles left behind throughout the middle east from the crusades. And, like the palaces, they also all fell.

I mean, is that what the us is bringing to iraq? New military complexes under the guise of 'diplomatic embassies' self contained forts to hide in while they rule the puppet government by proxy?
Old 05-01-2006, 07:45 AM   #117
Cambodian Breakfast

We don't hide. You do. All you do is sit there and talk shit. Go to Iraq and make a difference yourself. I know that now you will probley come up with some story about how you have been to Iraq and saved ten thousand people from the evil clutches of the u.s. goverment. But you still haven't done shit. Stop putting in your two cents where it isn't needed.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:38 AM   #118
Binkie

Cambodian,
I don't know if he brought it up at all, but he USED to claim around here that he served in the first Gulf War and spent most of his time there "rescuing people from shark infested waters." TStone and a half dozen other members remember very clearly posts like this:

https://www.gothic.net/boards/showpo...&postcount=178

But if you look at Sternn's myspace profile ( click here: http://www.myspace.com/cptsternn and click here for his *********** profile: http://cptsternn.***********.com/profile ), he lists his age in both profiles as being 30. That would have meant he served in the Gulf War when he was 15/16 years old.

The guy is a joke. Best advice: put him on ignore. He's just a troll looking for attention and he'll lie out of his teeth to get it.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:11 PM   #119
Binkie

Yeah. We actually had some good, intelligent debates when Sternn was banned from this forum the first time.

And uh... looking at your post count, X. Dayum! Everytime I think I'm catching up with some of your people here, I get a quick reality check. Lol. :P
Old 05-01-2006, 12:25 PM   #120
Blushing Heliophobe

Yeah...it would be nice to have an exchange of ideas/opinions without having to call someone out repeatedly.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:59 PM   #121
Cambodian Breakfast

I just checked sternn bio. He said on the g-net the he went to a different high school that on his bio. I can't believe anything that he says. He also has on his boi that he was in high school when the gulf war was going on. He would have never been alowed to join the military without a high school diploma or a g.e.d. I like how he bullshits.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:19 PM   #122
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkie
Hmmm...

To quote FMJ, my question is: "What is your major malfunction, numb nuts?"

You obviously don't know, so... *ignore*

Ah, Binkie, that just made me tear up with merriment.

For some reason, everytime I call some guy 'numb nuts' people laugh.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 03:45 AM   #123
CptSternn

Wow, all this discussion on me, I'm flattered.

Too bad no one has anything to say about Iraq, except, every day more and more americans die for a mistake and no one here has posted an idea, or done anything to stop it.

Well, other than myself.

Hear that? Thats the sound of more us soldiers coming home in body bags for a reason 68% of most americans think is a mistake.

Wonder how long ol gw's pissing contest will last, how many lives it will cost, and how much americans will pay (and their children, and their childrens children) to pay for this 'mistake'.

Another question...

Sadaam is accused of killing thousands of his own people. Not tens of thousands, but thousands. The american attack on the sovern nation of Iraq has caused upwards of 30,000 civilian deaths, which bush himself acknowledges. Also, the Washington Post reported hundreds of thousands of Iraqis have been displaced, and had to flee for their lives in the continuing violence.

So far, the cost of the war is getting into the hundreds of billions.

My question - was Sadaam so bad that the us had to take him out? I mean, the us troops themselves have murdered more Iraqis than Sadaam was ever accused of murdering. The us troops displaced more Iraqis than Sadaam was ever accused of displacing. The us troops have been caught tourturing more Iraqis than Sadaam has been accused of tourturing, and so far the us troops have jailed more Iraqis than Sadaam ever jailed, they had to build new prisons to hold all the new 'criminals'.

I mean, under their own reasons for going to war, the us government has done everything that they accused Sadaam of doing, ten times over.

Anyone else think thats ironic? Definately one of those 'cure-is-worse-than-the-disease' arguments, eh?
Old 05-02-2006, 09:01 AM   #124
Cambodian Breakfast

You show me where the u.s. troops have killed 30,000 civilans.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:02 AM   #125
CptSternn

http://www.iraqbodycount.net/

Civilians reported killed by military intervention in Iraq
Min - Max
34711 - 38861

http://icasualties.org/oif/