Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 04-21-2009, 08:32 PM   #526
Saya

I don't get it either, we'll have to wait until Ophie comes back online *twiddles thumbs*

I have the feeling it was somehow mean but my brain just can't figure out why. Stupid caffeine.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:40 PM   #527
SiouxsiePernova

I thought that the gawf emoticon was cute.
SiouxsiePernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:40 PM   #528
Mr E Nigma

Only thing I can think of, since Ophelia got pissed is that maybe they are representations of her, or she sees herself as those emoticons... in which case, yeah, I could see how that's mean. 'Though there's a decent amount of mean-ness that goes on around this forum.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:39 PM   #529
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr E Nigma View Post
Only thing I can think of, since Ophelia got pissed is that maybe they are representations of her, or she sees herself as those emoticons... in which case, yeah, I could see how that's mean. 'Though there's a decent amount of mean-ness that goes on around this forum.
WTF? No.

I'm sick of people being rude to people who wear Hot Topic stuff and listen to HIM.
Seriously. Even if they call themselves goth. Even if they wear those "Team Edward" shirts.
There's no reason to be mean to them or make fun of them.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:43 PM   #530
ZyklonB

Even with most of them if not all(of the ones I've met) Have that whole fuck off I'm better than you attitude that actually give them the bad rep in the first place?

I mean.. even not just in real life. Myspace... vampirefreaks... those pages are just horrible.
ZyklonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:56 PM   #531
Underwater Ophelia

Yes.

Anyway, I got shoes for $2 today.
Holler.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:13 PM   #532
ZyklonB

Holy crap 2? Wish I could find stuff that fit me that was actually good for 2 bucks.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:18 PM   #533
Underwater Ophelia

Yeah.
I love them, and have been searching for a while. They're hideously out of style, though, which is why they were only $2.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:26 PM   #534
Sir Canvas Corpsey

I'm happy I may get my Hebrew Bible essay on Genesis 1-3 done, it's due tomorrow but I only have another 400 words to write.

Funnily enough, when most people argue that Genesis 2-3 specifically show that women are inferior to men, they almost always pick the passages that give no support whatsoever, there are passages that could support it but they don't use them. It's weird =/
Old 04-22-2009, 04:38 AM   #535
Cicero

I am having so much fun planning for my drag party.

I'll be dressing up as an 80's hair metal sleazy motherfucker, complete with a mullet, facial hair, and tight tight pants with highly visible genitalia. I'll have the ultimate hot groupie in the form of my boyfriend, who is more attractive as a girl than I am =[

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:05 AM   #536
Stormtrooper of Death

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2LvZ...eature=related

CHECK THIS OUT!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-22-2009, 04:19 PM   #537
korinna5555

I'm exhausted..
I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off since 7am, but today went SO well.

HAPPY EARTH DAY!
Old 04-22-2009, 08:48 PM   #538
Sir Canvas Corpsey

I never knew Earth Day existed until today O_o

I finished my essay, I'm aiming between pass and credit! =D

(I wouldn't argue with a D or HD but it's unlikely)
Old 04-22-2009, 08:54 PM   #539
ZyklonB

I'm aiming between your ass cheeks bbi ;o
Old 04-22-2009, 08:56 PM   #540
Mir

And I'm filming it.

Today is going to be one of those days where I quote Snoop's lyrics, ad nauseam.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:22 PM   #541
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Zyklon knows how to make me feel appreciated <3
Old 04-23-2009, 12:58 AM   #542
Pyre

Ophelia, seriously, take the stick out of your ass. It was not intended to be "mean," someone requested me make the HIM one (according to DA, it was "My friend requested that I make a cliché goth emote, so I made a mallgoth!"). And, according to DA again (because after three years I don't remember why I created something), the gawth one is described as "Basically, it's just an emote painting itself white to be the traditional 'gawth'. That means stereotypical goth to you guys." They were clearly SUPPOSED to be stereotypical, for amusement.

It really grates on my nerves that the bitchiest person on the forums complains that I supposedly made "mean" emoticons.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:00 AM   #543
Mir

That's harsh, but not entirely untrue.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:14 AM   #544
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyre View Post
Ophelia, seriously, take the stick out of your ass. It was not intended to be "mean," someone requested me make the HIM one (according to DA, it was "My friend requested that I make a cliché goth emote, so I made a mallgoth!"). And, according to DA again (because after three years I don't remember why I created something), the gawth one is described as "Basically, it's just an emote painting itself white to be the traditional 'gawth'. That means stereotypical goth to you guys." They were clearly SUPPOSED to be stereotypical, for amusement.
I'm sorry if I misunderstood you, but I'm sure you can see where my confusion came from, as you're not one to avoid stereotyping yourself.

Quote:
It really grates on my nerves that the bitchiest person on the forums complains that I supposedly made "mean" emoticons.
"Bitch" may be accurate, sure, but I think it's sort of rare that I'm mean. I'm arrogant, self-righteous, often righteous, callous, and unsympathetic, but it's very rare that I am mean. Most people here cannot say that.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:19 AM   #545
Man In Room 5

I have one of these;

It's a 1999 IBM Thinkpad with a whole 2 G HD. I just spent four hours removing the buttons, cleaning it, putting them back on and reformatting the entire HD. Now I have a kick ass retro computer.

Anyone want to come over and play Grim Fandango?
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:39 AM   #546
Apathy's_Child

Quote:

Ophie likes Britney Spears and Kate Perry and slates Bob Dylan. When others are mocked for liking something that's on a similar level artistically she springs into rare action for a moment of altruistic solidarity. I've never understood why, but that's the way it's always been.

Maybe somewhere underground is a team of government scientists builiding vicious robots to use as footsoldiers, and the safety word to prevent them from killing in-the-know allied forces is "I love MCR!!", because the scientists remember getting the shit kicked out of them by jocks back when they were nerdsy kids, and it amuses them to think of hard-ass troops (whom they psychologically identify with their bullies of yesteryear) screaming this in panicky high-pitched voices while pissing their pants. It's the only plausible explanation.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:15 AM   #547
Stormtrooper of Death

Anybody else like Onslaught?
Old 04-23-2009, 12:23 PM   #548
Solumina

Woot I actually have some free time!

Also just to warn you all I may e a little drunk, I was mixing up drinks for tonight and I couldn't remember proper mix percentages for then so I did a lot of taste tests without really giving any thought to what I was doing so wooooo I'm a little loopy but I seem to have gotten everything just right. Oh yeah I guess I should say what the drinks are for (I don't want you all thinking that I make numerous types of drinks every night), I have a friend in the air force who was stationed in Japan for the past two years and he just got back about a week and a half ago so we are having a bit of a homecoming party for him, it shall be great fun.

Hm...lets see what else should I tell you all...the viewing on Sunday and the service on Tuesday were both lovely, I was really happy to see how many people came and after everything was done on Tuesday my cousin came home with me and stayed until after dinner last night, I hadn't seen her in months so it was really nice to get a chance to catch up.

Ooooo speaking of catching up I got to see Kor on Monday, she waited patiently while I got my hair cut and then we got some coffee and chatted for a few hours...well I think I did most of the chatting and she laughed at how obnoxiously chatty I was but it was still great fun and I learned that she doesn't like lemon flavored anything (honestly what kind of person doesn't like lemon flavored anything?) then I took her home before meeting some friends to go out an have loads of fun that lasted way later than I should have.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 02:47 PM   #549
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Solumina, wait: you mean a viewing as in a funeral? Who died? I trust you have a healthy perspective on it as you seem to be in a good mood. ^_^

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:14 PM   #550
Solumina

It was my grandfather. He lived a very happy 91 years and while it is still sad the fact that he had such a full life makes it easier to accept. I'm up home for the week (my cousin on the other side of the family is having her baby girl's christening on Sunday and I wanted to be here for that) and everyone seems to be holding up pretty well and we have all received loads of support from each other as well as our friends.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote