Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 07-08-2006, 10:15 AM   #1
honeythorn

Good Evening.

Hello all, I'm honeythorn, and I thought I'd introduce myself and answer the required questions.

1. What do you do?( hobbies, job)

Well, I make boxes at the moment, but I am looking for something better. My hobbies (if they can be considered as such) include, but are not limited to...art,( mostly drawings in pencil of various fantasy beings such as dragons ) , animals ( the keeping of pets that is) , music , movies ( mostly fantasy) , and drinking with friends ( although I doubt if that could be classed as a hobby!)

2. Where are you from?

West Midlands UK

3. Who is your favourite author?

Well I dont have one favourite but many! including Mervyn Peake, Michael Moorcock, Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, Tolkien, Katherine Kerr, Jane Welch, James Clemens, Anne Rice, Clive Barker................the list goes on, I can't remember them all at the moment! I do need a bigger bookcase though, mine is bursting at the seams!!

4. What are your favourite films?

As mentioned above, I am a fan of fantasy movies. some may consider that to be a little childish, but I find them captivating. Some of my favourites are as follows. The Neverending Story, Legend, Krull, The Princess Bride, Labyrinth, Willow, The last unicorn, The Dark Crystal. I also like many other films that are not fantasy, including, Bram Stokers Dracula, The Explorers, Dark city, Nightbreed, The Crow( bit of a cliche I suppose but it has to be done!!), the first three Alien movies, Edward scissorhands, Ghostbusters 1 and 2, Flight of the Navigator, Robocop, Lord Of The Rings trilogy,The Lost Boys, and most of Tim Burtons' movies.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?

I havent decided yet.

6. At your funeral?

I have a few songs picked out, but I can't choose just one! they include AFI'S Endlessly She Said, Dragonfly by The Mission, Roman by The Cruxshadows, The Path by HIM, or I am stretched on your grave by Dead Can Dance.

7.This IS a gothic website so... how do you want to die?

Quietly in my room at dusk.( my favourite time of day/night)

8. What kind of casket would you want?

One made of an eco friendly wood, lined with fairtrade purple silk.

9. What's your FAVOURITE outfit?

My long velvet skirt with fishnet panels, dark green patterned silk top, boots and velvet coat with lacing and D rings at the back with a silver butterfly brooch on the lapel.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

Being light enought to climb trees without looking very very strange and insane

11. What's your favourite band?

Ok here goes, I have many bands that I like as opposed to a particular favourite....Switchblade Symphony, Cruxshadows, Sisters of Mercy, HIM, Tiamat, Anathema, Bauhaus, AFI, Girls under Glass, Dead Can Dance, Midnight Configuration, Curve, Lacrimosa, Mortiis, The Kovenant, Moonspell, The Gathering, Diary Of Dreams, The Danse Society, The Cure, Tristania, Christian Death, Joy Division and many more .

12. What kind of education did you have?

I have four GCSE's at grade C and above. then at college I took a BTEC First Diploma in animal care , and got unit passes only. I didnt pass the course completely because I have a chronic problem with mathematics. Then I took GNVQ advanced in art and design and got minimal unit passes in that. I was extremeley disappointed in the art course and I regret not switching colleges at the time.

13. Why did you join?

To communicate with others who have similar interests. (my friends have no interest in anything gothic.)

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away, what is your gender?

Female

so thats me anyway. I hope I didn't make too many spelling/grammar mistakes, english was never my best subject.I am a little technophobic, so the blue text may have gone wrong somewhere too!
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 12:09 AM   #2
malicexlacedxdreams

A fellow Tim Burton lover! Welcome to the site.
malicexlacedxdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 03:50 PM   #3
the_ink_bleeds_faster

Well, anyways, welcome to the site!
Old 07-13-2006, 01:00 PM   #4
honeythorn

Thank you very much!
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 05:48 PM   #5
DrenchedInGin

Oh, you're lovely! Welcome.

By the way, of COURSE drinking with friends can be classified as a hobby (I consider myself quite the expert...)

*pours you a glass of absinthe*
DrenchedInGin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 04:18 AM   #6
sparklekittie

I love HIM too The Path is one of my favourites.
Haha where I live, drinking is a perfectly acceptable hobby!
sparklekittie is offline   Reply With Quote